WWII British WIP inc British AIRBORNE

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

WWII British WIP inc British AIRBORNE

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:08 am

Hi again,

Though I`d give you all another peek at my WIP on my WWII Brits.

The Officer & NCO are pretty much the same viewtopic.php?t=4001 Apart from the Officer has a Mapcase & the NCO has Webbing now.

Also a 3rd soldier in BattleDress is in the works with Beret this time.

BRITISH AIRBORNE.

I have 4 of these in the pipe & here you go. I have added cloth for the lower smock though as i`ve yet to paint it`s a plain base colour at present.

Legs for another 2 (as you can see the lower are Joes reworked & with the lower cloth smock added).

Group

Lastly here`s some of the stuff I`ve had to sculpt for webbing.

So there you have them so far. I`ve printed out Unit patches & shoulder unit tabs which will be added to these figures very soon.

Oh I`m also working on my First British vehicle,A Dingo :D

Look forward to the comments as always :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:49 am

Well Ja as you know i'm not into WWII but it is really great to see some brit figs! they are sorely needed in both modern and WWII!! I am still hoping to see some modern guys from BBI and some wwII from 21st so fingures crossed.

The incorporation of the cloth and the straps looks good the only thing is the pte guy on the right looks like he is waring a bra lol but once he's finished i'm sure he will look great.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:59 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Thank`s Very much ScopeUK,that got a big hearty laugh from me......"PTE Guy looks like he`s wearing a Bra".

Also thank`s very much for the kind words too mate. The mixture of material & plastic is something I`m rather comfortable with & IF i had your skill with cloth I could see me trying my hand at full smocks & Battledress,alas I don`t & also this way is a Lot quicker to complete a figure than making each piece of attire in cloth..LOL

Also Your bang on with the Sorely need to see MORE Modern & WWII BRITISH troops,Armour,hardware,weapons.

Still slowly tackling these as i plod along till some company see`s the benefit of doing WWII & Modern British.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:33 am

Looks good Ja, keep up the good work. a freind of mine has one of the dusty trails british paras he got just for the sten gun -those would go great with your paras but i think they're sold out/ hard to come by now, that's just another reason why we need bbi or 21st to make some so we can get the enfield and sten's
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:04 am

Thank`s Very much Mediump,appreciate the kind words on my WIPs :D

As for the Dusty Trails Brit.Well the first one of my Airborne,the head on that is a customized Dusty trails head (I added a ball joint for the neck). Also have the Sten aside for him too.

I may see about turning the Dusty Trail body more in kind to the XD & BBI US Para Jump Ready & Fallie Jump Ready figures.

Though alas that`s the only one I have of him.

Also IF/WHEN the BIG Guns do start making WWII British,that works so well for the Commonwealth & also other allied who had safe haven in England till D Day (Poles,French,Dutch,etc).
So one nation with so many varients for other nations. Whilst WWII US works well for US & maybe French too.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:41 pm

Hey STEELBONNET!!!---Great to see your airborne Brits comeing along!!!They are both looking pretty good in a bra and a skirt!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry brother--- I couldn't help myself!!!!!They do look very good and they aren't even done yet!!!! :wink: HEY!!!! :shock: ---is that a BREN I see???? :P Very nicely done!!!!!I hope to see a few more pics of that little beauty!!!!!!Keep up the good work as I know you will!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]