Disappointment with Skyworks

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
AirstrikeToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by AirstrikeToys » Sun May 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Corey and Matthew - I can appreciate your frustrations and my reply wasn't meant to detract from the concerns you posted about.

When reading all of the various replies over the weekend, I misread a few (that's what I get for reading them on a phone...) and thought there was an overall concern about the timing for custom planes...

That isn't the case, so I'm bowing out of this thread.

We're good, no issues... Peace!

Thanks,
Patrick

donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

Disappointment with Skyworks

Post by donnieboy » Mon May 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Dear Coreyeagle48: Given your recent unfortunate experiences with Skyworks Toys, I feel guilty about the posts I made on SSQH singing Skyworks Toys' praises. I feel very bad about the frustration and mental anguish Jack Plonka has put you through.
My interactions with Jack P. have been mixed.
He did a Me-163 Komet for me that was really nice, althought it lacked a pitot tube and radio mast. His P-51 conversion (Buddy Archer's plane) was also excellent, although it still had six machine guns instead of four. The Hawker Hurricane (Douglas Bader's plane) Jack sent me was truly stunning. Perfectly detailed, with no discernible flaws, it was simply gorgeous.
Now for the bad news. I ordered two Fw-190As from Skyworks,and sent Jack two perfect Fw-190Ds to be converted. I asked that both FW-190A have pitot tubes and DF loop antennas, etc. The first 190A arrived with no pitot tube and a broken DF loop. Its paint job, however, was very nice. The second took nine months to arrive, and then only after I complained to Isaiah Jones at MTS. This second Focke Wulf arrived damaged, and had several major defects as well. I screwed it up even worse trying to repair the damage. I e-mailed Jack and he said to send it back and he would make me a new one for free. This I've done. Anyway, my impression of Jack Plonka is that he is a rather quirky, eccentric guy who has really bitten off more than he can chew. Jack is a brilliant engineer and craftsman, but he has poor business acumen and terrible social skills. Maybe it's cause he's Swiss. Every Swiss I've ever met has been rather odd. Anyway, Corey, here's what I'd do. I'd call Isaiah Jones at Military Toyshop and tell him your problems with the F-16. Isaiah has a lot of leverage over Jack, and Jack listens to him. Maybe Isaiah can get Jack to address your problem. I think I'd also take those other two board members up on their offer to make you a new tailfin for your F-16. At this point, I think Jack is only capable of cranking out his new models. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns on this matter.
Best Wishes
Don Newman (donnieboy)
Arkansas[/b]
Go Starbuck!

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Disappointment with Skyworks

Post by pickelhaube » Mon May 11, 2009 8:40 pm

donnieboy wrote:Dear Coreyeagle48: Given your recent unfortunate experiences with Skyworks Toys, I feel guilty about the posts I made on SSQH singing Skyworks Toys' praises. I feel very bad about the frustration and mental anguish Jack Plonka has put you through.
My interactions with Jack P. have been mixed.
He did a Me-163 Komet for me that was really nice, althought it lacked a pitot tube and radio mast. His P-51 conversion (Buddy Archer's plane) was also excellent, although it still had six machine guns instead of four. The Hawker Hurricane (Douglas Bader's plane) Jack sent me was truly stunning. Perfectly detailed, with no discernible flaws, it was simply gorgeous.
Now for the bad news. I ordered two Fw-190As from Skyworks,and sent Jack two perfect Fw-190Ds to be converted. I asked that both FW-190A have pitot tubes and DF loop antennas, etc. The first 190A arrived with no pitot tube and a broken DF loop. Its paint job, however, was very nice. The second took nine months to arrive, and then only after I complained to Isaiah Jones at MTS. This second Focke Wulf arrived damaged, and had several major defects as well. I screwed it up even worse trying to repair the damage. I e-mailed Jack and he said to send it back and he would make me a new one for free. This I've done. Anyway, my impression of Jack Plonka is that he is a rather quirky, eccentric guy who has really bitten off more than he can chew. Jack is a brilliant engineer and craftsman, but he has poor business acumen and terrible social skills. Maybe it's cause he's Swiss. Every Swiss I've ever met has been rather odd. Anyway, Corey, here's what I'd do. I'd call Isaiah Jones at Military Toyshop and tell him your problems with the F-16. Isaiah has a lot of leverage over Jack, and Jack listens to him. Maybe Isaiah can get Jack to address your problem. I think I'd also take those other two board members up on their offer to make you a new tailfin for your F-16. At this point, I think Jack is only capable of cranking out his new models. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns on this matter.
Best Wishes
Don Newman (donnieboy)
Arkansas[/b]
What can you do for me ? :cry: :cry: :cry:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu May 14, 2009 11:34 am

Just so you guys know . It has been about 5 weeks so far and I have yet to recieve my last P-36 and decals.

Plus when this post came to life Skyworks has yet to try and contact me in regards to the post and missing P-36.

Is this any way to do business ?

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Thu May 14, 2009 11:58 am

Is this any way to do business ?
From personal observation, if the name of your business is Microsoft, Entergy, Charter Communications, or United States Congress, then yes.

Otherwise, no. :wink:

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri May 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Well no response to my e-mails and I just called Skyworks . I have his cell phone number. No response so I can only think the worst.

I have refraind from calling people bad names and such but I have put this out to the world to see (OK the XD world ) and have had no reponse from Skyworks. Perhaps it is time to rachet up things .

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Planes

Post by thehun » Sat May 16, 2009 5:20 am

pickelhaube wrote:Well no response to my e-mails and I just called Skyworks . I have his cell phone number. No response so I can only think the worst.

I have refraind from calling people bad names and such but I have put this out to the world to see (OK the XD world ) and have had no reponse from Skyworks. Perhaps it is time to rachet up things .
Pickel,
I went to his website and checked it out, I saw a lot of really nice planes and kits, but the only thing i didn't see was "anything" that you can't build yourself, so take your losses and move on, No one has the 1/18 custom market cornered, It's WIDE open, so keep hammering on those customs, No one knows what the Future holds.
Hun