LATEST ALERT ABOUT 'BOB'

This Is The Place To Buy, Trade And Sale Your XD, 32X, BBI Items As Well As Your Other Small Scale Items.
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
Forum rules
Please Note: Only Members 18 Years And Older Are Allowed To Post And Trade, and you must have been a member of this forum for 6 months to participate.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

LATEST ALERT ABOUT 'BOB'

Post by aferguson » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:53 pm

Hi everyone. Our friend 'Bob' has been impersonating Catman with a faked email address, very similar to Catman's, but not his and sending emails to board members, pretending to be Catman.

These emails have included threats, insults, attempts to make trades etc. Be very alert to this from now on. Bob probably knows other people's email addresses as well and may now try to impersonate other board members, other than Catman.

Check emails you get very carefully. Compare the email address to older emails received from the same person. Make sure they are IDENTICAL.

Bob's trick is to change or omit one letter or number so the email address looks the same when it is in fact not.

For doing trades, after discussing it openly on the b/s/t forum, to work out the details the best way is to do it by pm rather than email. Bob may pick up on trades in progress and try to pretend he is the person you are trying to work a deal with and send fake emails.

As always, be alert and be suspicious at all times. Better to err on the side of caution, now and always.
Last edited by aferguson on Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:58 am

I received an email from a Carol Hughes today after requesting the money owed to me.
Apparently Bob Hughes has passed away, has anyone else received this? What exactly am I to believe, this is personally hard to believe. Can anyone help me out here, I'm confused!!!
I have been going through and responding to any
e-mails that have came for Bobby. I do not know what
your relationship was with him so I cannot personalize
this in any way, and I really don't feel comfortable
relating any further details at this time, all I am
doing is letting those that he corresponded with know
that he has passed. Please place and keep him in your
prayers.
Carol Hughes

OzDigger
Corporal
Corporal

Post by OzDigger » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 am

He hasn't passed away Austeyr, he's just passed.........caring about ripping off other members :)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:26 am

Oz.....ha!

Didn't Bob have the sister killed in a car accident a few weeks ago? Bad run of luck in that familly, wouldn't you say?

Get his estate to reimburse you..

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:57 am

Yes, I was ripped off by this scumbag also. I saved all Bob's and Carol's emails to me. The last one from Carol went like this.

"I am writing to all of those who Bobby has in his
e-mail address folder. Bobby died of bacterial
pnuemonia at 1:48 am on Friday August 18, 2006 at the
age of 37. My god my god how he will be missed."
Carol

I posted my bad fortune a week or so ago and explained the entire story.
Too bad that "Bobby's passing isn't true and that he's not taking a dirt bath!

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:56 am

My sources, so far, are showing that he's still alive and kicking.

Don't worry, I'm still working on this one. I love challenges. :wink:

Bob, if you're reading this, it's just a matter of time. 8)

C2000
Attack!!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:58 pm

Carol told someone else that Bob hanged himself.....perhaps to save himself the grief of the bacterial pneumonia?

Perhaps their friends, Ted and Alice, can shed some light on this whole situation..

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:34 pm

Bob's not going to hang himself. It's just not his style. He has needs that cannot be filled if he's dead.

Hung himself? Too much drama to do that. Shotgun blast is quick and painless. No, not Bob. No way.

I have a strong feeling that he might call in sick most of next week though. He'll stay at home.

C2000
Attack!!!!

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:52 pm

oh thats cool
i was told by 'carol' that bob would be coming to talk to me on monday. sadly, on monday, he couldnt come, as 'the infection has spread'

we were laughing our assess off
i got the attorney general of the supreme court to send someone down into richmond to investigate this

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:08 pm

Yeah get me in on this too, I've seriously had enough of this total and utter bull shiznit.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:39 am

Good news! Bob has made a full recovery from both his hanging and his pneumonia. He just emailed one of our board members, pretending to be Catman again.

This is all very encouraging really. He's clearly not very bright as he keeps making up transparent lies, contradicting himself and trying the same old tired tricks over and over.

Should make it easier for Cruizin2000 to catch him.

If the guy had any sense he'd disappear and live underground for a long while til all this blows over. He must have a lynch mob of 50+ looking for him by now. He'd better hope the cops catch him before they do...

Austeyr
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Austeyr » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:44 am

Get well Bob ya scumbag! (if Bob is your name). Don't drop the soap buddy and whilst ya there say gday to Bubba for me.

I just noticed that lovely Carol Hughes has said I can send a condolance card to the same address that the champion Skott Wolff (or whatever his bloody name was) lives at that scammed people aswell.

Damn I hope this guy gets his just desserts!!

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:21 pm

Are there any members in the Richmond, Indiana area that could check this clown out? He's a faceless coward who needs a "Judgement Day". Too far for me but I would love to meet this spineless scumbag.

grunt1
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by grunt1 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:19 pm

See this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=5578
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:43 pm

Just out of curiosity did ya'll ever get ole Jerry Napier (or whatever the heck his name is)? I don't have a dog in this fight but would sure love to see this dirtbag get nailed to the wall. I remember all the hoopla over on GP's site when he scammed folks over there. I can't believe someone hasn't burned his house down yet......

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:29 am

wm69 wrote:Just out of curiosity did ya'll ever get ole Jerry Napier (or whatever the heck his name is)? I don't have a dog in this fight but would sure love to see this dirtbag get nailed to the wall. I remember all the hoopla over on GP's site when he scammed folks over there. I can't believe someone hasn't burned his house down yet......
It's being processed as we speak.

C2000
Attack!!!!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:34 am

The house burning? Sweet! Anyone gonna go shoot some video? lol
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

cruizin2000
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by cruizin2000 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:17 am

Burning Down the House? Nah, that's the Talking Heads. We're thinking more like Elvis or Rose Tattoo. 8)

C2000
Attack!!!!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:51 am

lol
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Possible Solution...

Post by MiG29K » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:57 pm

Hey People,

I have an idea that may/may not work but It's helped me in the past in other forums, messageboards, or what-have-yous and you can use any variation of this system for positively identifying with whom you are dealing with. I think we could trying using a form of the Countersign / Challenge kind of system where if you are doubting the authenticity of someone emailing you something, I would arrange with your circle of associates/friends, etc. A simple code or Challenge system that would work via email. (Kind of like a primitive IFF for this forum, eh?)

Example: Joe Shmuckenhouser of Delaware emails me and the subject line is "UnderWater Basket Weaving " and I figure the contents are dubious sounding. I would send a reply message to that email and either issue a challenge or insert say a coded phrase in the message that only you and the other person or persons can relate or identify with. If they answer or acknowledge properly, I'd say you're good to go. It could even be as simple as me stating: "The Dog sings." To which the dude/dudette at the other end would reply "When the monkey finishes his six pack of MGD" or something like that. Whatever works I say.

Anyhow, if any of y'all got any ideas fire away. - YAZZERRRRD!!

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:44 pm

Has anybody heard anything new from the Hughes Gang "Bob, Carol, Wayne or Barry"? Nothing here. Maybe the snakes have slithered away. Their time is coming! :evil:

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:22 pm

He and his ring of scumbags have ripped a bunch of us honest people off. He received the items we sent and never sent anything in return. Don't worry, his judgement day is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:26 pm

how about an update on the Bob - gate
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:23 am

All is quiet!!!!!!! Nothing new to report. :evil: