Jerry Napier (Bob Hughes) Restitution.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Jerry Napier (Bob Hughes) Restitution.

Post by billgiff » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:43 am

Hey everyone involved. I just received a "out of the blue" phone call from the Richmond, Indiana Police Dept. stating that I'm entitled to
$$$ in restitution from our good buddy Jerry Napier. The court decided that he was responsible to pay back some of the value of the stolen items and finally it's being done.
The $$$ is coming out of his pockets so I think that we finally have some payback (along with jail and criminal record).
If anyone receives a call from Richmond, Indiana, make sure you answer it because it's the Police Dept. Bill :lol:

P.S. I will either call or email Lt. Chris Taylor thanking him once again. All who that are involved should do the same.

toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 am

That’s fantastic news. This sure has been going on for some time now. Justice can be very slow sometimes but I’m happy that this SOB has had to pay for it.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 am

Outstanding!!!!! Yay! It's great to see him pay.....

-SKi
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 am

I LOVE hearing that sometimes, just sometimes justice gets served for these folks. There are too many of these little scammers that do damage to individuals but somehow often seem to skate by the law in the big picture. Not big enough crimes, hard to track, and other issues are common answers given by law enforcement as to why they can't bring them to justice. Just nice to see something being set right!

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:11 pm

I just received a check from Jerry Naper. Has anybody else been given a restitution check?

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:36 pm

Good for you !!!!!!!! Have you tried cashing it yet ????????????
been their done that..... I bet it bounces << :(
Good luck .............. DCWAY

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, I don't think that they are going to bounce. It is a check from The Clerk of Wayne County Circuit Court of Richmond, Indiana.

tpa05
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by tpa05 » Mon May 03, 2010 8:46 am

There's a small part of me reading this that thingsk I'd be tempted to do two things - (1) call the Lt. back asap and make sure his number is indeed the PD and (2) call the PD directly and get transferred to his extention (can't be PD if the PD don't know who ya are).

...sorry, I'm from Newark, NJ originally. Learn to watch yer shoulders.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Mon May 03, 2010 9:04 am

Well, the check has cleared with no problems. Back when this all went down, I was one of the original people who personally contacted (at the time) Sgt. Chris Taylor and explained the problems. I had many conversations with him by phone and also many emails. This guy is stand up and made time to bring Jerky Jerry to justice. He is now Lt. Taylor but still makes time to answer calls or email pertaining to this matter. So any negativity about the PD being the PD is unneccessary. This case has been going on for years and is finally put to rest. The Richmond, Indiana Police did a great job here and arrested a clown guilty of internet fraud.
Last edited by billgiff on Mon May 03, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:09 am

billgiff wrote:Well, the check has cleared with no problems. Back when this all went down, I was one of the original people who personally contacted (at the time) Sgt. Chris Taylor and explained the problems. I had many conversations with him by phone and also many emails. This guy is stand up and made time to bring Jerky Jerry to justice. He is now Lt. Taylor but still makes time to answer calls or email pertaining to this matter. So any negativity about the PD being the PD is unneccessary. This case has been going on for years and is finally put to rest. The Richmond, Indiana Police did great job here and arrested a clown guilty of internet fraud.
I 2nd that vote of confidence for the Richmond Police Dept and Lt. Taylor. He has gone above and beyond to have enough evidence to convict Jerry Napier. He has done everything within his power to make sure the items stolen were returned to the rightful owners. I can't say enough good things about Lt. Chris Taylor. Wish this country had a million of him to protect and serve.
Razor

As an example, take a look at:
viewtopic.php?p=227222&highlight=#227222
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

insight

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 am

Can someone give me a little background on this situation. What was this guy Jerry's scam and how much loot did he try to make off with? I don't want to open anyones old wounds but i am just curious. It might be theraputic for those suffering from PTXD disorder.

Razor17019

Re: insight

Post by Razor17019 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:17 am

HIDEOUS ONE wrote:Can someone give me a little background on this situation. What was this guy Jerry's scam and how much loot did he try to make off with? I don't want to open anyones old wounds but i am just curious. It might be theraputic for those suffering from PTXD disorder.
Here is the original thread:
viewtopic.php?t=7640

Followed by more:
viewtopic.php?t=14958&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin