King & Country new Afrika Korps Tiger Tank Stictly Limit

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
crossroads
Corporal
Corporal

King & Country new Afrika Korps Tiger Tank Stictly Limit

Post by crossroads » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:27 am

King & Country has announced their next Strictly Limited item. This will be a Afrika Korps Tiger tank. This vehicle will be limited to 1250 pieces and will be available in December.

King & Country Desert Tiger Tank AK039 Strictly Limited (1:30) Pre Order Dec

Thanks
Ronnie
www.crossroadsdiecast.com

olifant
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by olifant » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:37 am

Man, that looks like the best K&C AFV ever. I am afraid to ask what it costs though!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:48 am

WOW! They are great. Im guessing that its about $200 ?
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

crossroads
Corporal
Corporal

Post by crossroads » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:50 am

This one is going for $199. That includes three full body figures and one half figure. They are expecting for this to sell out rather quickly.

Thanks
Ronnie

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:52 am

That Tiger is gorgeous, but after the Tiger binge that I've gone through over the last year, I can't justify adding another one... I mean, due to the cost. If Unimax released a Tiger in Tunisian colours, I'd be the first in line to buy it. Until then, I'll just have to wait... and plot how I can hide a Tunisian Tiger from SWMBO :)

der Vogelfänger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by der Vogelfänger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:14 am

ChairmanMilo wrote:That Tiger is gorgeous, but after the Tiger binge that I've gone through over the last year, I can't justify adding another one... I mean, due to the cost. If Unimax released a Tiger in Tunisian colours, I'd be the first in line to buy it. Until then, I'll just have to wait... and plot how I can hide a Tunisian Tiger from SWMBO :)
I cast my vote for Unimax, too!! Cannot get enough DAK as far as I'm concerned!

Your former "airplane-ONLY" fan,

dV
du doch nicht!
Kennst du mich noch?
Luftwaffe-a-holic!!!

Unsere Mannschaft muß einfach gewinnen, und
plötzlich, Weltmeister Zwanzigvierzehn! (WM2014)

Danke Jungs!!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:43 am

That Tiger is gorgeous, but after the Tiger binge that I've gone through over the last year, I can't justify adding another one... I mean, due to the cost. If Unimax released a Tiger in Tunisian colours, I'd be the first in line to buy it.
As others have noted, a beautiful model. My biggest complaint about K&C aside from the obvious issue of cost is the tracks and running gear are usually molded into the hull in one piece, unless they've made some recent changes that I'm not aware of. When you look at the vehicle from the side this is quite noticeable, and I personally don't care for the look. As for an FOV Tiger in North African colors, it's not a project I would like to tackle myself, but it should be fairly easy and straightforward to re-paint one of the existing FOV Tiger I's, an overspray of the base desert sand color, some gray paint to simulate the weathering/chipped paint effects, add the correct markings, and presto... you have your Tunisian Tiger. For anyone with the time and patience, this conversion is about as easy as they come.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

crossroads
Corporal
Corporal

Post by crossroads » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am

King & Country has started to improve thier tracks. If you look at last years M-10 Tank Destroyer you can see much improvement over some of their earlier tanks.

The Grille was molded all in one piece. With the M-10 they molded the tracks separate and then attached them. This gives them a much more realistic appearance.

Thanks
Ronnie

graycap
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by graycap » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:46 am

If you want a "Tunisia" Tiger Dragon do one in 1/35, which is a bit cheaper than the King and Country one!

Coverting a FOV Tiger to a Tunisia one is a bit more than repainting. The FOV Tiger is a later production version than the ones that were sent to Tunisia in 1942.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:32 pm

yea, you can snag a Dragon S1 Tiger for 50$ or less on the right auction along with the with whitewashed grey '42 Tiger.

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:42 pm

wow stunning pics! Weathering on them is superb!
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:50 pm

I would question the Afrika Korps symbol on the Tiger, as they arrived after the Afrika Korp name was defunkt, and Panzer Armee Afrika was the current name at the time of Tunisia.

Last edited by Panzer_M on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:46 pm

From Missing Lynx.
No DAK palm trees on Tigers
So as that goes K&C = fanciful Junk for 200

One would think they would send a fact-checker to Bovington to see the Tiger captured in North Africa...Wankers

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:31 pm

No palm on Tigers indeed. That's a worse boo boo than the red fire extinguisher I painted on my Panzer IV F1. :shock:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:57 pm

flpickupman wrote:No palm on Tigers indeed. That's a worse boo boo than the red fire extinguisher I painted on my Panzer IV F1. :shock:
I did that one too, painted the blowtorch red on a tamiya Stug years ago.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Glad I'm not the only one with an overactive sense of assumption. :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields