It’s about time, don’t you think?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:41 am

KOF, what defect in your aircraft is so egregious?
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:01 am

It's described in all its gory detail here.

VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:40 am

KOF give Jason a chance to it make it right. 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:53 am

VMF115 wrote:KOF give Jason a chance to it make it right. 8)
Good advice... :wink:
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Sure. That plane ain't going nowhere... I'll wait as long as it takes, but won't be buying anymore of their stuff until this is solved.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:34 pm

:roll:

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 am

See, I can do that too: :roll:

I'm sorry that you feel my comment is inappropriate, but I'm really not enthralled with the idea of having yet another worthless piece of plastic in my inventory.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:45 am

Dear King O' Fools,

Thank you for your emails and perfect explanation of your quality control issues. I just finished reading this thread and therefore went back to our customer service email inbox to read how this situation was handled. I agree. From reading your description, you clearly have a defective model. Your description was very well written.

I am not making excuses for our company, but simply explaining the situation and our position. First, the gentleman that wrote you back is new. In my opinion, he should have explained why he said what he said. I will discuss this with our customer service personnel in the morning. It is 4:05am at this time, but, I did not want to go to sleep without offering an apology and explanation.
We are very sorry for the quality problem you experienced with your first purchase of an Admiral Toy product. This Jolly Roger series, on our first manufacturing run did experience some limited quality problems and since that time tighter quality controls have been implemented. Our product line has grown and in the next 12 months many new items will be introduced and available for our customers to enjoy.

Contact the retailer you purchased the product from and advise them what your concerns are and see what can be done to correct your problem.

We are sure you will be satisfied with any future product you may purchase of our products.
Where he should have elaborated is in this context: As you stated in your email, you live “half way around the world.” In situations where it is a long distance return we request that the customer first contact the retail from which they purchased the model. If you purchased it from a domestic (US) retailer, then this point is moot.

However, if you purchased the model from a retailer half way around the world, then please contact them first. They know that we will credit their account, send them a replacement model in a future shipment or any other means of remediation if they take care of their customer’s quality control issue from such a far distance from Admiral Toys. Here in the US if a customer has a problem we replace their model and pay for shipping. But customers living half way around the world, unfortunately, are treated a little differently because shipping of your model back to Admiral Toys would cost us over $50.00 and to send you a replacement model would cost us another $50.00 add to that the cost of the replacement model and loss of revenue for the defective model and we are in the negative well over $100.00 to a customer with whom we never dealt. This is why we first ask that you kindly talk to your retailer if you purchased it overseas.

Then, if your retailer is unwilling to assist you, by all means contact Admiral Toys. Unfortunately, the cost of replacing a model overseas is what forces us to change our customer service protocol.

Please let me know if you did not purchase it from a retailer overseas. I again apologize that you received a defect model in the first place and hope to remedy the situation. I understand if you do not wish to purchase another Admiral Toys’ product. That is your prerogative, and I am sorry to have lost a customer.

Regards,
Jason

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:00 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:Dear King O' Fools,

Thank you for your emails and perfect explanation of your quality control issues. I just finished reading this thread and therefore went back to our customer service email inbox to read how this situation was handled. I agree. From reading your description, you clearly have a defective model. Your description was very well written.

I am not making excuses for our company, but simply explaining the situation and our position. First, the gentleman that wrote you back is new. In my opinion, he should have explained why he said what he said. I will discuss this with our customer service personnel in the morning. It is 4:05am at this time, but, I did not want to go to sleep without offering an apology and explanation.
We are very sorry for the quality problem you experienced with your first purchase of an Admiral Toy product. This Jolly Roger series, on our first manufacturing run did experience some limited quality problems and since that time tighter quality controls have been implemented. Our product line has grown and in the next 12 months many new items will be introduced and available for our customers to enjoy.

Contact the retailer you purchased the product from and advise them what your concerns are and see what can be done to correct your problem.

We are sure you will be satisfied with any future product you may purchase of our products.
Where he should have elaborated is in this context: As you stated in your email, you live “half way around the world.” In situations where it is a long distance return we request that the customer first contact the retail from which they purchased the model. If you purchased it from a domestic (US) retailer, then this point is moot.

However, if you purchased the model from a retailer half way around the world, then please contact them first. They know that we will credit their account, send them a replacement model in a future shipment or any other means of remediation if they take care of their customer’s quality control issue from such a far distance from Admiral Toys. Here in the US if a customer has a problem we replace their model and pay for shipping. But customers living half way around the world, unfortunately, are treated a little differently because shipping of your model back to Admiral Toys would cost us over $50.00 and to send you a replacement model would cost us another $50.00 add to that the cost of the replacement model and loss of revenue for the defective model and we are in the negative well over $100.00 to a customer with whom we never dealt. This is why we first ask that you kindly talk to your retailer if you purchased it overseas.

Then, if your retailer is unwilling to assist you, by all means contact Admiral Toys. Unfortunately, the cost of replacing a model overseas is what forces us to change our customer service protocol.

Please let me know if you did not purchase it from a retailer overseas. I again apologize that you received a defect model in the first place and hope to remedy the situation. I understand if you do not wish to purchase another Admiral Toys’ product. That is your prerogative, and I am sorry to have lost a customer.

Regards,
Jason
Dear Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to look into this issue.

I did buy my plane from a US online retailer — Aikens Airplanes. (Had I known this particular plane was available on your website, I’d have bought it there, which I guess would have saved me a lot of trouble).

Please let me know if I should contact them about this issue or if there is some other way I can get a decent (i.e. non-defective) plane. Please note that I’m open to any suggestions as to how to solve this issue and prevent this from happening again in the future. I’ll gladly buy more 1/18 scale products from AT in the months and years to come, provided I don’t get “stranded” with a defective paint job.

Again, thanks for your detailed explanation and for going out of your way to take care of this issue personally.

Best regards,
KOF

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:30 pm

Jason can I have my AT 1/18 SDB Dauntless…..ASAP :D please

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:25 pm

And you guys wonder why Mike from BBI doesn't come here any more?

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:47 pm

tankduel wrote:And you guys wonder why Mike from BBI doesn't come here any more?
Maybe Mike quite Bbi and we did not get the memo. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:36 pm

VMF115 wrote:
tankduel wrote:And you guys wonder why Mike from BBI doesn't come here any more?
Maybe Mike quite Bbi and we did not get the memo. :wink:
More likely the whining of so many boardmembers about the various BBI products drove him away. It seems that BBI cannot announce anything on this board without one member or another complaining that there is not enough detail, or that the item costs too much, or that the paint scheme is all wrong or that they want the item but won't buy it or whatever :roll:

You know who you are :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:37 pm

:roll: :roll: what ever :roll: :roll:

I would call it constructive criticism not whining, Btw it's not nice to Insult board members even if you did not mention them by name.

Back on topic I can’t wait to see what the AT SDB will look like, I just hope it comes this year. 8)

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:52 pm

I'm with Tman on this one. :)
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:07 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
VMF115 wrote: Maybe Mike quite Bbi and we did not get the memo. :wink:
More likely the whining of so many boardmembers about the various BBI products drove him away. It seems that BBI cannot announce anything on this board without one member or another complaining that there is not enough detail, or that the item costs too much, or that the paint scheme is all wrong or that they want the item but won't buy it or whatever :roll:

You know who you are :wink:
I don't think that Mike was ever on this board. Aferguson was always the go between and posted for him.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller