FOV

Your forum dedicated to 1/32nd and smaller plastic and metal figures and vehicles.
demonclaw
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by demonclaw » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:39 pm

ostketten wrote:As long as we are talking FOV wish list for new tanks, I'm voting for a JS-2 and a Sherman M4A3E8 "Easy Eight".
Yeah , Ive never undestood all the model companies . They make every german tank in every possible version and camouflage even if many of those tanks like the Jagdtiger saw very limited service , but when it comes to allied armour we can be happy to see even one new tank once in a while .
Last edited by demonclaw on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hanomag
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hanomag » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:43 pm

How I would love to see the Calliope rocket launcher on a Sherman tank...or Culin's device. A Rhino IIRC.

Thanks for the heads up Lightning. Funny you bring it up as I was just thinking it's getting close to that time.

Demonclaw: True, though you have to give them credit for the Grant. You don't see that one too often. I just fint it funny how easy (it seems) to make varients, yet they don't always. *cough, Lee, cough*

-H

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:11 pm

I ordered and just recieved the FOV 88mm gun from BCA today. This has to be the best piece of small-scale artillery out there! Now, the 21c 88mm gun is still a very nice piece (especially for the price) but the FOV gun is what I would ideally like a toy artillery weapon to be 8) The full crew, accessories, extra shells, the barrel recoil and most impressively the turning cranks make this a true collector's item! It even comes in the new style FOV box, done in the "window flap" style of many Corgi and Dragon products. The cannon, figures and accssories are stored in a plastic shell with a lid and come out easily without any screws or twist ties - this also makes them easy to get back in the box as well! In short, good work, Unimax, and I look forward to the US 105mm Howitzer!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Mirage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mirage » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:22 pm

I have to order me one of the FOV 88's. I'm much more impressed by this one then the 21st version I picked up. Now I can return to a pure FOV equipment stance for dioramas.
Whenever i see something screech across the room and latch onto a guy's neck while he screams trying to get it off, i have to laugh because ..what is that thing.