21st Century Toys 1:32 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

21st Century Toys 1:32 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Post by tko211 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:50 am

Hey guys-

I guess I better open up to the 32x crowd! This is a sticky topic I will be tracking for a while. I will do my very best to answer questions you might have. I must warn everyone here that when it comes to 32x you will find I am not as sharp... I am an XD fan myself although recent 32x releases have me seriously thinking of diving in!

Anyway, feel free to ask and I will do my very best to answer!

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:00 am

Hey TKO, I would guess the pressing question on my mind and on many here would be the status of the Zero and the 202??? :D

BTW: Thanks for doing this... :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

digger

Brummbar

Post by digger » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:53 am

I hadn't seen this before so maybe they were on the same boat :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultimate-Soldier-GE ... dZViewItem

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:32 pm

TKO said in the similar thread on the 1:18 forum that the 32x Zero and Macchi should be showing up soon. Hopefully thats accurate, though with Wal Mart's spotty distribution and the rapid approach of Christmas, they may be difficult to find :? The hunt is on!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:31 pm

Roy Sutherland had told me recently that there were new 32x products ready and in the Wal-Mart pipeline... tmanthegreat said it best! I would expect various recon reports to come in anyday now! But hey it will give us all somthing to do for the next month! :lol:

Winky
Corporal
Corporal

Upcoming products

Post by Winky » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:10 pm

Any chance we'll see Japanese armor this year? It looks like you guys are moving into Pacific theater with Zeors and Japanese soldiers in 1/32nd scale - could we hope for armor? The commander of my Japanese forces is quite desperate - he's sick of using old Ideal Patton tanks as a stopgap. He wants real 21st Cent 1/32nd scale Japanese tanks and self-propelled guns AND artillery.

Dick

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:03 pm

Dear Tko,

all Poland (me and maybe somebody else... :wink: ) can't wait for more British soldiers (which would be really Poles in British uniforms), first British planes (with markings of Polish squadrons, of course), British tanks (like Cromwell) and the British versions of American tanks (like Shermans Mk. IIIs and Vs, Fireflies, M4A1(76)s*, Sextons).

Thank you

AgentDolu
Corporal
Corporal

Post by AgentDolu » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:57 pm

Yes, I second that Wieslaw.

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

we need more Allied armor...

Post by binder001 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:00 pm

Nice to hear from someone "in the know". We have an overload of Nazi tanks - we need more Allied stuff. The US forces need trucks of any sort (other than another Jeep), the M4 Sherman meeds to be retooled to fix its accuracy problems. the Brits need at least one tank, and definitely a British armored car (they were very big into armored cars!).

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:27 am

I'd like to see a British Bren-gun carrier. The Brits were huge into those in N. Africa.
Geoff

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:56 pm

The 1/32 line is much easier to take risks in from what I understand. So frankly, anything could happen. I don't know what is coming next as far as armor and figures sets are concerned. I will try to do some digging after the Holidays are over and everyone returns to work.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:21 pm

There were the Russian and Japanese figure sets seen at the iHobby Expo and the US Marines (also seen there) are pictured on the back of the box for the new IG 18 gun & crew. Perhaps it is time to hold off on the German figures and vehicles for a while...

jrs
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jrs » Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:06 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:There were the Russian and Japanese figure sets seen at the iHobby Expo and the US Marines (also seen there) are pictured on the back of the box for the new IG 18 gun & crew. Perhaps it is time to hold off on the German figures and vehicles for a while...

I say no way! Lets see both! Best of both worlds! But really they havent made German Figure sets for probably two years? unless you count the Africa Korps!

Which to me makes very little sense at all. There are two pieces of Afrika Corp armor and eight figs. Two sets of Brit 8th army and no armor? Russian troops with no Russian Vehicels or armor? I dont think they have had us troops in two years as wel.

Lets see I would like to see two sets of American Infantry, Plus a heavy weapons set mortor team and Mchnguns. ( we have seen the prototypes for this. Two sets of Germans miniumum and a heavy weapons set ( we have also seen this) A sweet deal would be US airborne figures, 101st a couple sets with a heavy weapons set, and some more Falscherimjager, in splinter cammo.

While I am dreaming lets see a Tiger 1 #007 with Zimmermat and four man crew including the man!
A panther G with new crewmen, zimmermatt and mtd infantry say four or five tank riders!
Maybe redo the 8.8 in your tri cammo and give a decent gun crew of four or five guys, Pak 40 could be done in the same fashion.
Heck any re release with better newer crew and or riders would sell and be an easy do! Sherman with Tank riders anyone? SDKF with mtd figs?

Its also time we see the rerelease of the M18? A new M7 and a Sherman with the 76mm HV gun? As every one else has said we need a deuce 6x6!

In the Air? I want a Stutka! And A Mig or Russian ground attack aircraft?
Oh heck! As long as I am asking!
A Katusha MLRS!
A T34 with riders
A su-85
A atg with soviet crew!
Second set Soviet inf!
SDKF 251 with figs four or five!
SDKF250 With figs four min!
SDKf 251\9 plus crew
Chi ha tank same as above good crew!
Second set of Japs infantry.
Jap weapons like a 37mm with crew!
Amtrac with 75mm
Amtrac open with Marines mounted and dissmtg!
LCVP with FIGS US inf and USMC, diss mounting?
75 mm pak howitzer with USMC crew!
USMC inf #2
USMC weapons team!
M8 Grayhound with mtd crew and diss mtd MPs direct traffic?
WC 57
Willies with trailer and mounted crew of three?
A cromwell
A quad tractor
25pd howitzer
6pd ATG!
Kabulwagon
Schwemwagon
Kettenkrad

Also some new scenics would be kick ass!
A two story Normadie house!
A add on to the Cafe bldg to make it whole and have a second level!
Perhaps a Church? Even a Normandie farm compound?
New Bunker? Perhaps a larger gun bunker housing artillary?
Some street pices like the one the german inf gun came with maybe three or four sections of this stuff?

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:37 pm

Hey TKO..
Any idea when we will be getting news on the 2006 32x stuff, and if there will be any other planes in the first quarter (besides the zero and 202)???? :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:14 am

Dear Tko,

my older son got the first 1/32 plane: the FW-190D. The model is very good, the painting is very nice, the cockpit interior and the pilot - great. It looks excellent when flying. Well, the landing gear is much too "thin". I understand, in this scale you could make either the wing too thick or the gear too thin, but maybe it would be better to give two replaceable gear sets, open and closed?

Best regards
Wieslaw
For our freedom and yours

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:15 pm

I agree the 32X planes are a good value. They are at a price point that they are ripe for doing some custom work if so inclined. With the right skills you could make a more realistic set of landing gear, perhaps with teloscoping struts. I have wanted to do this on some of my 1:18 planes but have not gotten very far. I have bought both aluminum and brass tubing but am not sure which one will take paint best and if there are reactions of mixing metals and oxidation of metals over time. When I work those details out I will give it a go.
Todd

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:33 pm

I love those new 1/32 scale planes! Outstanding!
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Hey TKO.. Can you give us an update on the 32x planes???? I thought they were ready for Walmart and now I hear March/April????
-Howard Stark

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:37 pm

I guess nobody got enough "new" toys for Christmas :cry: I'm a patient guy. I'm sure 21st.,will do their best to try and please us. Afterall,'05 has been one of the best years ever, and it's getting better.IMHO 21st.,is trying, in both scales. :wink:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:54 pm

new 32x planes... yeah 21st was hoping that late dec would show the zero and 202 on shelves. Things were on track but I think late christmas retail stress and now january inventory are taking a small toll on final distribution. I hope that we will see stuff in Feb. but it might end up being as late as march with some stores.

Don't worry they are coming... with various paint schemes from my understanding! So that will be cool to see!

someone asked about other new planes for 32x scale. I forget who sorry...
Yes! I am positive there is more to come. I know about one more that is nearly finished in its prototype phase but this one is under a "loose lips sink ships" clause for the moment. So I can't say more just yet.
I was excited to hear about it though! Fans should be pleased.

TKO-

binder001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

still need more 32X vehicles...

Post by binder001 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:18 pm

We hear a lot about the 32X aircraft on this site, and I admit to buying a couple, but my personal interest is still in the tanks and vehicles. At one time 21C was going to produce the Dodge 6X6 truck in 32X. I have seen it out in 1:18, is there any chance that we'll see one in 1/32nd? I am still hopeful to see more US and British vehicles in 32X.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:56 pm

Sorry for being away for a little while. Intel has been slow the last few weeks as 21st was in China doing the toy fair thing.

so lets get to some questions!

new 32x planes... The are all backed up. I think Wal-Mart took too long to make anoher order? Not sure. What I do know is that there are several new items to be out very soon. The new Zeros, 202's and I have some very sketchy details on a new P-47 paint scheme! I would expect about a 4-5 week drought then it should be airplane city again!

new 32x vehicles & figs... I have no idea at the moment. BUT I do expect that some answers will be in store at ToyFair in NY in the next 3 weeks!

Intel is going to be a little scarce till then. 21st likes to put it all under wraps this close to a show. I am told there are some new developments for 32x in 06! Roy Sutherland reports that a couple "very cool, very secret projects are in the works". For now I am told that my security clearance isn't high enough for these little jems. I smell something cool around the corner though... and I do have my guesses.

I think multi-engine might be in the 32x airplane future... that's my guess!

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:02 pm

YESSSS ! ....My long awaited B-17 "Flying Fortress" ....perhaps in the works now,... as we speak ! :shock: 8)
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:58 pm

More likely a Mossie or B-25. Looking forward to them.
Todd