Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:09 am

I seriously appreciate the honesty and I wish you guys all the best.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:11 am

No doubt!! You have been our best source of manufacturing information. Daunting to be sure!! :wink:

Really, thanks for everything, Jason!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:11 am

Jason, I for one really do appreciate your candor, and the insight you provide into the manufacturing of the 1/18 scale models.

The Phantom is a beautiful bird, and it is a shame that it is being put on the back burner by AT. I know that your company would have done an outstanding job of on this plane.

I'm still eagerly looking forward to the Dauntless, and the Skyraider.
I fly cartoon airplanes

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:33 am

Jason, once again your honesty and commitment to us the consumers is outstanding. Thank you for being direct and upfront.
A lot of us here know that other manufacturers read this forum and in some cases they will use play on words in order to direct or miss direct us from the actually point - product dominance. Your clear and concise explanation of a price point of $89.00 being 'an amazing deal for us' was great.

Even though you guys may put the F-4 on the back burner, for the time being, I think based on the the photo/work that you can easily kick it into afterburner!!

KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Jason,
The picture of the Phantom on the table is great. Do what you must to survive. We want to see your company become a huge success. As far as I am concerned, if it's good for Admiral Toys, then it's good for me. I buy at least one of every plane you make and will continue to do so.
Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:58 pm

Jason,

Thanks for taking the time out and giving all of us more insight into your decisions. Is it possible that we could buy the F-4 for $120+ if it gets off the backburner? I am certain the majority of us in this community would not mind paying over $100 for that bird. Its justified given its size. The BBI Hornet was $80 and I as well as many others know it was worth it. The F-4 is no exception.

I do wish all of you the best of luck at Admiral Toys and hope to one day see the F-4. Many of us on this board are hoping to see you guys produce the F-4. As you've noticed, many of us excited the day of the announcement at toyfair are still excited now. In fact, we want the toy even more now that it is on backburner.

However I understand how much financial resources are used up in that endeavor and whichever decision you make, I can understand. You guys worked hard on that model, went so far, went farther than some other companies have, especially given the fact that you guys just entered the field not too long ago. For a relatively new company to even tool up a Phantom and ready it for production speaks volumes.

The Skyraider is looking great. I want a USAF and of course a Navy one. In my opinion, you need both if your a fan of airplanes from the SEA era. I hope the Phantom can one day join us. I also hope we can see what plane was being hinted at during the "valentine's day" clues months back.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Charlemagne » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:44 pm

Jason,

Do you know how many paint schemes are currently planned for the Dauntless?

Thanks
Dan

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:20 am

:oops: :lol:

Regards,
Jason
Last edited by Jason of Admiral Toys on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 am

The fun thing about AT’s White 7 is that there were less then 1,500 made for world wide distribution. We are trying to bring the collectability back to this hobby.

Question… why is the Patricia II not listed on the holy-grail thread of this forum? There were only 425 sold world wide!!! We held 75 back because of QC issues.

This post reads funny because it was edited by me.

Regards,
Jason

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:30 am

Ah Jason, if only I was single......and you know if I did put a bid in on the Phantom, then I soon would be.

What about the shop soiled A-1 prototype?
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:49 am

Good question about the Patricia II--it was certainly more rare than almost any plane out there with only a couple exceptions. I don't know if we ever heard final production numbers on the Tender Terror, but it may be close.

As far as the Phantom goes... tempting, very tempting. (music from Fiddler on the Roof plays in the background... "if I were a rich man...").
Last edited by FieroDude on Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:16 am

FieroDude wrote:Good question about the Patricia II--it was certainly more rare than almost any plane out there with only a couple exceptions. I don't know if we ever heard final production numbers on the Tender Terror, but it may be close.
The Tender Terror had only about 200 made. (TKO correct me if I am wrong on this)
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:01 am

So with the sale of the prototype, I should take it that the F4 project is a complete wash? Or, am I not interpreting it correctly?
Aaron

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:29 am

I get the impression that the prototype is no longer needed for the tooling process--electronic files have been created that can be used to produce tooling, when the time comes. Just hoping they have them backed up safely, too ;)
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

olifant

Post by olifant » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:59 pm

Jason, what is your feeling over the Me-262 being on clearance at Bad Cat for $39.99? It is good for us but is it bad for you? I would hope not.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:43 am

I bought 3 of them and I am very pleased with them Jason.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:27 pm

Thank you for the warm words of encouragement.

The F-4 master model has not been sold, nor will it ever (well… maybe I have my price). I think, as of now, I am the proud owner of the only F-4 in 1:18 scale. So I guess I am the winner of the holy-grail contest of rarest birds.

FieroDude is correct. The master has been CAD filed and backed up three times. If needed, I will send my model back to China for further CAD filings. The F-4 may be on the backburner, but it can be produced in the future. If we do not see 21st’s F-4 at the awesome price of $89 in the near future, you may just see ours released. But I can tell you now, do not ask me when that will be. You will not know until it is in our warehouse in the US. You will not have advanced notice of its release. I am sure you can figure out for yourself why.

We encouraged Bad Cat to release the ME 262 at that price. We don’t think the market needs two ME 262s over $50. My guess is that they are getting very low on stock, and that is the reason for the recent increase in price, supply and demand 101. And yes, we did not make a great profit on that model. Thank goodness we were able to sell them for several months before the competition's 262 arrived.

For you Houstonians and those near to Houston, we will be participating in the Wings Over Houston airshow this weekend. We have a much larger booth this year. I hope to see Todd and Jason and maybe some new faces at the show. I know one member that is flying down to help us work the show. That is much appreciated. Anyone that has come by and said hi knows we are very busy most of the day.

I will return soon with more news.

Warmest regards,
Jason

MG-42

News !

Post by MG-42 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Sounds encouraging ! * 8) ... Thanks Jason. :wink:

Mitch _ v MG :p51:
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dauntless

Post by sarge » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:15 pm

Jason
I know you all are working hard on getting the Dauntless out to the public, and I know it willl be one hell of a plane. Can you shed some light on the planes progress so far? Are we talking Xmas or later. I know the wait will be worth it. Thank you. Sarge

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Hey Jason your input here is greatly appreciated even if there is no news. I'm glad to hear the F-4 in still not a totally dead duck. Personally, I think 21st was bluffing all along but you never know. Any news would be welcome when the time is right, do what you need to do to get the product out on time and on target.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Hi Jason, any Skyraider news? :D

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by boyx30 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:57 am

Jason,

How about doing 1/18th planes that no one is even venturing in to?....Like Oh I don't know maybe WWI planes and stuff?...I like beating this dead horse every 6 months or so....keep'n it alive baby..keep'n it alive!!

Scott

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:50 am

I'll second that. Producing WWI planes without all the wire bracing would be more than enough. Customizers would have a blast adding that stuff to their models.
Man, I really like that idea.

But don't give away your intentions---just surprise us.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:02 pm

Again, I do appreciate your candor. Sorry you couldn't make it to Dayton this year. The steak off still stnads if you happen to pop up to see the Jones boys.
Aaron