General Blasto's Diorama. Pictures now added !!!!!!

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

General Blasto's Diorama. Pictures now added !!!!!!

Post by General Blasto » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:22 pm

Getting closer to actually building the start to my diorama.
I got the dog houses painted and am waiting for the 2nd guard tower to dry from it's 2nd coat. I am working on the water tower and cutting the bed and black stripes for the guard hut. Soon I hope to be placing the buildings, laying the road down and starting the fences !!! It's a slow process, but moving along for sure. I still need to build the guard house type building that's on legs above the main gate(see Kelly's Hero's) and I am looking for the parts for the legs. I've also been buying and modifying more German troops for the camp too.

Well, that's it for now, just a quick progress report because I know many of you are awaiting the camp constuction :) I'll post more with pictures as I start the final assembly process ;) The General
Last edited by General Blasto on Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:07 am

I cant wait to see it :)

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:04 am

Me too! :D

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:19 am

:) :) :) :) :)

I'm getting tied up today wit project around the house ( her orders :oops: ) and a hockey game tonight in Tampa to go to, but I should be getting some more done tomorrow or Monday :wink: I can't wait either :P The General

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:47 am

sounds great! Are the POWs in your camp behaving or are they attempting an escape :D ? Looking forward to seeing some pics
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Progress !!!

Post by General Blasto » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:55 pm

Not alot of progress, but the towers are painted and the dog houses too. Late tonight I spent a couple hours putting the stripes on the guard hut. So I quickly threw together a quick scene and shot a couple pix. :)

I'm still working on the fence posts and have deceided to look for some other road material to use for the road. But at least I can say the buildings and structures are now taking shape ;) :P The General

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:55 am

Very nice indeed. Could you post some close ups of your guard houses. I've been wanting to make one for my Gerrys as well but couldn't find any good close up pics. Thanks :D Awesome setup!!!
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Thanks !!!

Post by General Blasto » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Well thanks for the nice comments :) I should have more pic.s late tonight of today's progress, if all goes well :roll: ;)
I just laid down part of the dirt road to the camp and am starting to place some trees on one side of the road. I have just a few Euro telephone poles to place tonight and I may get a start on the fences too, maybe. I picked up some nice overhead lights this morning that are close to those in the German camps, but they will need to be raised up a bit because they were O scale. Also I'd like to drill the posts(fence) for the wire and start on the gates too tonight as well. But I'd better find out what the Kommandant wants to do, she may not take a likin' to my playin' on the toys all night :oops: Hehehehe :P Da General

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:49 pm

Well done towers and they look quite scary :shock: One can almost see the POWs (or worse) filing in past them...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

jrs.
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jrs. » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:57 pm

The guard house light works? Would be cool if the search lamps worked as well. Or do they? They look very real. Nice work.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:26 pm

Nice job!!!

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:01 am

Nice!

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:41 pm

The towers look great!! :D
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Not much added yet, but a road to completion !!!

Post by General Blasto » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:22 pm

A day late and less to show than I wanted to get done, but here is 2 shots on the road into camp :) I have started mounting fence posts(still need to be drilled for the barb wire, wire strung and need staining/painted) and I got a handful of hedge hogs made.

More progress later by the weekend ;)
Here is what I have to show on my progress. Da General

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 pm

Cool. 8) How big is your dio going to be?

I see you found some of the new trees at WM.

Kevin.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:43 pm

You must have a dedicated room to place your dio in. Looks large! :D

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:10 am

Yep, Wally World trees and a few from Michaels too. Have to say on a budget for scenery, more money for armour that way :P

Yep, not too bad a size for room. about 6 foot by 21 inch wide in that shot, then 13 foot by 36 inch wide on the other side of the "L" shape. But it's too small for a large scale set up, but I'll have to make do with it. More to come later ;) :) The General

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:09 am

AWESOME!!!!! :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:30 am

Very nice!
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:22 pm

Looking Good!
I see you are stocking up for all those POW's you will need to feed, but "Fancy Feast?" Must expect alot of Aussie POW's! :D

But where are you storing all that train stuff from outside? Shower?
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Hey zt,
Fancy Feast boxes are great for storing small parts and soldiers too ;)
As for the G scale trains, they are all in boxes stored in the extra bedroom. BTW, they take up(stacked floor to ceiling) over 75% of that 11x12 foot room. Also there is full shipping crates full of trains in 2 of the 7x9x3 foot closets too :shock: So the trains take up alot of room to store :roll:

As for the Diorama, I found a small piece of simulated barbed wire in my spare pieces and it's made out of 2 pieces of a 26 gauge wire intertwined together and crimped, so I'm re-thinking my way of doing the fences. Good thing I came across this before I started stringing the other wire :) Well, it's time to start getting ready for tonight's game and road trip to Tampa. I have slotted tomorrow night for working on the diorama ;) As said, more to come :P The General