Summer/Fall Contest!!!!!

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Framing means how the figures are posed within the picture frame.
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:38 pm

Yeah. It's an art thing. Composition within the picture frame.
Geoff

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:44 pm

guess I better brush up on some photog basics... :lol:

BTW thanks lightning, blurx, V2 and everyone participating
fun awaits
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:54 pm

I just bought all my supplies today! I'm not going to tell you what I'm doing yet but I will tell you it involves a trench. What's everybody else going to do (that is if your not keeping it secret)
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:09 am

Top secret Col.pickle. We could tell you but then we would have to kill you.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:33 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:Top secret Col.pickle. We could tell you but then we would have to kill you.

Mark

:lol: :lol:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:44 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:Top secret Col.pickle. We could tell you but then we would have to kill you. Mark
Oh really? And what if I kill you first huh? You see that red dot on your forehead? No? Well there is one. That dot is a laser sight :twisted: I have you now :D
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General Patton

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:48 pm

Col.Pickle wrote:
KAMIKAZE wrote:Top secret Col.pickle. We could tell you but then we would have to kill you. Mark
Oh really? And what if I kill you first huh? You see that red dot on your forehead? No? Well there is one. That dot is a laser sight :twisted: I have you now :D
Are you sure it's not a Zit? :D
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:39 pm

Is it to late for me to nominate for the 1/18th category? Sorry I've been very busy and have not been checking in on the custom thread for a while, it's amazing how quickly things can get away from you.
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:02 pm

[quote="VMF115
Are you sure it's not a Zit? :D[/quote] :lol:
Almost as deadly and as terrifying as a laser sighted gun! :D
- General Patton

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:03 pm

Ill add you to category 3 Spudkopf :wink: No worry's i understand :wink:

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:20 am

Okay anyone can enter at anytime :wink: Spudkopf ill add you to category 3 :wink:

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:33 am

Col.Pickle wrote:I just bought all my supplies today! I'm not going to tell you what I'm doing yet but I will tell you it involves a trench. What's everybody else going to do (that is if your not keeping it secret)
Hush..hush on what I am doing but all I can say is 'it is on, like Donkey-Kong'!!

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Contest

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Guys,
No need for thanks. I may be a tough New Yorker who sometimes needs to pull in his reigns, but I also know when its time to sort of give back to the same folks who support us, even if its just comments on a forum.

Anyway, the real reason I posted (now that I have some free time) was to go over a couple of things one of the other judges and I discussed recently.

In terms of posting the final results, we will only post the first and second place winners, and the grand prize winner, rather than listing eveyone from soup to nuts and how their entry ranked. Frankly, I dont want any sore feelings if your entry ends up near the bottom of the heap. We're not looking for bruised egos and recognize that a great many of you will be spending alot of time on their compositions.

Next, each entrant will be scored on a 1 to 10 system with, I believe, 10 different subcategories being considered. So, a perfect score from each judge will be 100 with a maximum perfect score of 300. The other two judges will be scoring each entrant and then I'll be the final judge with the same weighted scores. Now, I dont want this to end up as a popularity contest, so please dont email the judges with all sorts of proposals, ideas, deals, etc. I want to try to keep this as informal and as enjoyable as possible, without someone jumping up and down asking why his entry didnt win or calling the results fixed. We can, if neccesarry, post the pictures of the winners so all can see why we chose their composition over others. Capiche?

If it all turns out well, there's a possibility we can do this more often, and who knows, maybe other dealers will step in to sweeten the pot.

As for prizes, I still have to figure that one out but I think I may have already gone on record and stated a possible grand prize would be the upcoming 1:16 scale Tiger I tank from Unimax. If the grand prize winner isnt all that crazy about his trophy, I could come up with something else of comparable value. Having said that, I dont want this to end up as a shopping spree, or "could I have this instead of that?" I'm stressed out enough as it is, and just want to make sure the winners are happy and feel it was worth the effort without getting the feeling I have to mortgage our property in the process.

So, having said all that, its time for you guys to get cracking and pay careful attention to this thread should anything change down the road. The other judges are doing a fine job managing things, so I'll leave everything in their hands.

Panzers Vorwarts

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:16 pm

what lightning syas is true. we definently don't want this thing to become something that members fite over. and I agree with you on the prizes. Maybe if the 1/32 and 1:72 ppl want they can subsitute the 1:16th thing for a smaller scale item (or put the tank up on eBay if they don't want it).
- General Patton

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:32 pm

Thanks lightning 8) Like what lightning said everyone please pay careful attention to this thread in case anything changes :wink: Everyone have fun :wink:

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Studly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Studly » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:34 pm

Yeah Thanks Lightning Old Chap i think this will be a good PR for the board members here thanks again :D

ChairmanMilo
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by ChairmanMilo » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Col.Pickle wrote:oh. how odd...
As much pride as I do have in my collection, I don't live in an area that would make it easy for me to make any kind of diorama. I'm still a lowly apartment dweller :( Of course, I'm looking forward to what everyone else will be coming up with!

I could have done a winter diorama, but that would require a bit of snow on the ground outside - which I really don't want to see yet ;) Something to think about for the future (I have three German AFVs with winter camo in 1:32).

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:46 pm

ChairmanMilo wrote:As much pride as I do have in my collection, I don't live in an area that would make it easy for me to make any kind of diorama. I'm still a lowly apartment dweller :( Of course, I'm looking forward to what everyone else will be coming up with!

Actually, you can make a pretty good diorama in an apartment... Some of the best dioramas I made and took pictures of were created while I was living in an apartment when going to college - often on top of my desk!

It becomes a matter of how you use your space and take the photo, as opposed to how elaborate the actual setup is. The photo of the XD Marines in my signature on this post was taken in a flower pot with a bit of background scenery to hide the bedroom wall behind the plants. It later won 2nd place in the 21c USMC diorama/photo contest in early 2005, while other more elaborate setups only go honorable mention :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:20 am

:oops: haha I always thought that pic on ur sig tman was a real photo :oops: guess I never really looked closely at it :(
- General Patton

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:30 pm

Does anyone know how to make this thread a "sticky" so we don't get buried if no one posts for awhile?
Geoff

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:41 am

anyone know how????
- General Patton

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:24 pm

Ask p51. He can use admin to convert it I think. Or maybe a moderator can help out, with making it a sticky.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Col.Pickle
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Col.Pickle » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:55 pm

afergs the moderator of customs and mods so we'll need him to do it.
- General Patton

blurx7
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blurx7 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:51 am

I sent him Aferg a pm yesterday ( I don't know if anyone else had) but regardless, we seem to have our sticky! :D
Thanks, Aferg!
Geoff