Has anyone done a custom RC tank using....????

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Has anyone done a custom RC tank using....????

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:05 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone has, or if it is possible to take the "RC guts" out of the 1:18 Panzer IV and put them in a 21st Sherman tank? Is this even doable?
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 am

I imagine that it is doable. :o The strain on the parts are high. I guess that is why the Mk IV has screw on bogies. :? The tracks are made the same in the R/C and static models. I have not even tured my R/C on but if you read other board members who have ,they say the wheels and tracks fall off after prolonged use. :x So what you reconfigure may not hold up very well. :?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:24 am

While it is certainly possible to do, especially for someone with extensive RC model building experience, I believe such a conversion would be technically challenging and quite a bit of work to accomplish. Considering that you are going to spend close to $100 (or possibly more) for the two 21C models needed to do the conversion, it might be cheaper (and far easier) to just purchase one of the pre made ready-to-run 1/16th scale RC tanks that have been discussed around here in the recent past. I'm not sure if a 1/16 Sherman is available or not, but it might be worth looking in to. Good luck.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:12 pm

If you would like to give it a try Hollywood I'll give you the guts out of one of my Panzer IVs.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.