Hummel conversion on Ebay

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Hummel conversion on Ebay

Post by gary1930 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:13 pm

Item number: 270048882810.
Interesting. Looks like he took the barrel from a Tiger. Is this the same guy who did the Sturmtiger? If so, that's a good way to economize on parts, even though it is not strictly correct.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:27 pm

i just posted about it in the b/s/t forum. It's a resourceful conversion. Looks like the Tiger barrel to me. More of a short barrelled Nashorn than a Hummel. As usual many detail errors but a good idea. I think he has reused the same superstructure parts for his jagdpanther, jagdpanzer, sturmtiger and now the hummel.

As i said, resourceful.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

luftpanzer
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by luftpanzer » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:59 am

Nice, here is a link to make it easeir to see.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... rchQQfviZ1
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Looks like it sold for $250. Pretty good price. :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:05 am

yup......his customs usually do fetch a good price. Good on him. Though they are not the most accurate, they are creative and fill voids that people are obviously looking for.

I wonder if we'll see more of these 'cottage industry' type custom builders in future... I know tht our own momaw nadon is working on a 1/18 t34 as we speak. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:03 am

I wonder is any of the toy manufactures take notice of these customs?
Took a look at his other items. If any one interested he has a double decal luftwafle camo helmet listed.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:10 am

The only thing I see happening is that this guy is encouraging others to put dog turd vehicles on Ebay as well. It's unfortunate that there are people willing to pay that kind of money for such piss poor work. If I were someone like gijoewoofer/the hun, I'd be a little hacked to see a pretender getting that kind of money.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:13 am

Well for a toy, Its not bad. For a scaled down version of the real thing it leaves a lot to be desired. It depends on what you are collecting. He is filling a nich that is out there. More power to him. No matter how much detail you put into somthing, there is always somebody thats never satisfied. kinda of like my wife :lol:

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:27 am

I look at it more from a value standpoint. I don't know about you, but I'm not paying $250 for a toy. Sure, this guy's stuff looks pretty enough, but for $250, I want the customizer to at least be able to call it what it is, let alone build a hafway accurate representation. What this guy does is the equivalent of slapping Cobra badges and body work on a Pinto and calling it a Shelby Camaro. He's basically trolling for suckers, especially with those ridiculous starting bids.

If I were to drop big coin on one of Woofer's or Problemchild's pieces, I'd at least know I got my money's worth.

I'm not quite why this bothers me as much as it does. I guess I consider it misleading or misrepresentative. Whatever. So long as he doesn't get any of my money, I suppose should call it good.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields