Disassembling Corsair

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Disassembling Corsair

Post by Killerf6 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:22 am

Has anyone here completly disassembled a 21st century corsair. What I mean by disassemble is split the fusealage, and wing halves. I'm working on a custom and it would be a lot easier if I can take the plane apart with out damaging it. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Cam
I fly cartoon airplanes

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:11 am

I am also working on a Corsair custom right now. I tried to take the fuselage apart, but couldn't get it to go. I took out all the screws I could find, but it wouldn't budge. So I just left it together. One thing I can tell you is that if you are trying to get the prop off, you need to twist the hub off, then you can unscrew the prop from the shaft. Just make sure the prop shaft doesn't fall back into the fuselage. There is nothing holding it in place except the prop itself. Hope this helps.

Killerf6
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Killerf6 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:46 am

Thanks pokeyjtc, your info helps. I think that glue was used on some points of the model, and that is probably why you couldn't get it a part. If I learn anything new I will let you know.

Cam
I fly cartoon airplanes