Sylvannian Family

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Sylvannian Family

Post by tankduel » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:26 pm

Anyone used any of those houses with XD? I've seen some on display in a toy store and they look about 1/18..no backs on the houses of course.

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:42 pm

My girls have some of that stuff. I never even thought about them as they have been packed away for years! They had alot of the woodsy accessories too. I guess I'll need to start looking at some of their old toys to see what might work. One of my daughters has a bunch Playmobil too, including the Victorian Mansion, but she has already told me that her bother can't use it with his "army men!"
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:56 pm

Nice houses. They would look better scorched and bombed! lol. That horse wagon would make a nice german mobile kitchen. Too bad they are so expensive.

http://www.sylvanianfamilies.com/index.php?cPath=11

I have my eye on a few of my daughter's doll houses too. She has some nice ones. I'm sure I could make Dora's house look like a bombed out French or Italian house. Maybe Dora and Pico (or whatever his name is) can be resistance fighters! I'll give Swiper a small Hitleresqe mustache and an armband.
We have bought one or two cheap plastic doll houses that would work from garage sales. They usually would work about right if they were painted and weathered. I threw one of them out last year because it was cracked. Now I'm kicking myself for not keeping it. It would have made a great project. I'm definately keeping my eyes open for stuff like that now.

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:23 pm

Yeah, and give Dora a gas mask holder to go with her backpack. Got a pic of Dora's house? I'm not familiar with it. :D

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:21 am

I think they will work good with XD.
XD aholic