Some More BBI Customs

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Some More BBI Customs

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:25 pm

Here's a couple quick custom jobs, since BBI is currently lacking a regular modern infantry figure. I customized some modern "Iraqi Freedom" style troops from parts of BBI the modern paratroopers and the Special Ops figures. Those are at the top; below are some custom SEALS using the same Special Ops figure torso as well as a custom Special Ops figure using an older BBI torso (for those that didn't see them hidden in a previous post a while back). These were all easily created using hot water to pop out the parts. Just thought I'd share and give other members some ideas :D

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Nice work T-Man!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by MiG29K » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:45 am

now those are the figures we need to be seeing off store shelves! I particularly like the first one (off the Bradley IFV) That looks like a typical set up with all the rigs/pouches. I think the base is Interceptor Body Armor. Not sure though.

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:33 am

Tman,

Again nice job mate with these new BBI customs.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:12 am

i love these variations of the modern troopers, i didn't think the modern paras would work here, good job, i gotta see if i can grab one of these

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:31 pm

Thanks for the kind comments :D

At the outset, I was a little uncertain about how the paratroopers would work as well, but the figures came out better than I expected. It would be really nice if BBI would release some modern regular infantry and marines with the new articulation - the customs look good, but are expensive considering that I have to canabialize two figures to make one and have odd parts equilivant to another figure as surplus.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:44 pm

Now if we could only get that sort of range from BBI themselves! Great job nice to see them!