German Motorcyclist

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

German Motorcyclist

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:51 am

Well every Motorbike needs a rider.

Alas as no one has given us either yet it`s down to us lot to make our own.

You`ve seen the bike now here`s the rider.

Before I show photos. German Motorcyclists most prized possession if they got one was the Rubberized Riders coat that could clasp armound the legs,making it easier & safer to rider a Motorbike & also more snug fitting to prevent rain getting in & when dismounted & in the field too.
These coats were Originally called "Schutzmantel fur Kraftradfahrer" & later simply just called "Kradmantel".

Well I figured this would probably be the best way to make a rider though HOW TO. Well one of the 1/18th Chutes (not sure brand) was very similar in colour to the Rubber longcoat from XD.
So using the Greatcoat arms I mearly need make articulated legs & then the torso part of the coat.

PARTS:-
Head: XD BoB
Torso: XD BoB
Arms: XD BoB Greatcoat arms
Waist & Legs: PTE.
Lower Calf & Boots: XD BoB.

So what you have is standard XD Boot swival on PYE legs (which have swival thighs & opening thighs).

Anyway the photos.

Showing OFF articulation.

Mounted on the Sidecar combo.

Well I know I`m no ScopeUK when it comes to clothing but I figured this was worth trying my hand at & I`m happy I must say with how it`s turned out.
Razor LMK either here or pm what you think to this rider. If you don`t like it I`ll go another path.
Though I am going to have to make some more riders wearing this coat :D

Well please do LMK what you all think.

Thank`s
Ja
Steel bonnet
Last edited by steelbonnet on Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:07 pm

SB,
This rider is GREAT! The outside pics of him show the correct color of his overcoat and it looks great. I like the articulation you made for him too.
It's too bad 21st Century doesn't follow in your foot steps and create the bike with flexible rider like you have.
If you could mass produce these riders and bikes, you could make a pretty penny (or terrific tupance).

SB- quite the job and go into this full-time!!!!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:27 pm

That makes it all perfect to hear you like this Razor.

As said no idea why my indoor photos change the colour of the material though I did have it covered & thank`s for the trust :D

I`m really happy with the coat & figure & truely adds to the whole set.

I am indeed going to try my hand at some more of these stitched on coats as it was pretty easy,just my sewing isn`t the tidiest....LOL With practice i suppose :D

As said i`m not in ScopeUKs league but I`m happy with this & this way beats using the XD Rubber longcoat :D

More important I think is i`ve based this on the photos I have of one being worn (Europa Militaria No6,Waffen-SS :Uniforms in colour photographs).

Ja
Steel Bonnet

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:22 am

Hey STEELBONNET---He doesnt look like he wants to be there in the 1st pic :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!Nice job on the stitching and I think the color matches up just fine!!!!Nice work ---you need to try to get them in a dio some time!!!!! :D :D Just a thought!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:40 am

Agree Red, he looks like a kid on picture day at school or like the poster child for the :oops: emoticon. :-)

Anyway, SB this is fantastic! I spent a lot of time the other night looking at german motorcycle soldier in action pictures from WWII on ebay and just about every one of the shots showed the driver in that coat.

I kept thinking, man it would be sooo cool to have one of those coats when my ZSU max get's here from the UK (thanks for that suggestion as well). Those folks were very nice.

I am no seamstress myself, but have you thought of trying a hot glue gun? If you have extra material and now that you have a pattern worked out somewhat, it might be worth trying one that way. Would eliminate the stitches.

Excellent work! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:36 am

Hey Ja i really like the coat the colour seems to work really well. As for the stitching dont worry about that now you have a design the next one you do will be even cleaner as your not worrying about the design. Anyway Keep it up you have to be happy with the result on this one!

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:29 pm

It all looks great.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:54 am

HAHAHAHAHA I based the first photo on me :D I was that child who was never happy to have his photo taken.....HAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank`s very much & really glad you all like the jacket too :D

The Hotglue gun sounds a good idea,I`ll have to get one of those then :D

Again Thank`s very much :D

ja
Steel Bonnet

7thva_hunter
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by 7thva_hunter » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:47 pm

I wish I could sowe like you do mate. :oops: Actally I cant sowe at all and my mom cant ether my dad can but it has been so long at his age he promble forgot :lol: I think I am gonna leard I should for Civil War Rev War reenactment. :oops:
XD aholic