marauder inc. wave 3 ?

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

marauder inc. wave 3 ?

Post by blaster_e11 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:58 am

A JD forum member posted this, any confirmation ?
Here's the official unveiling, straight from the mouth of Marauder-John:

"Hey Folks!
Here is the "official" list of the series #3 items. The candidate list for series 3 was getting so big (over 40 items), that split some of the items out for an earlier release. Otherwise, would have buried everyone with a HUGE release next spring, rather than keeping the releases smaller with "new" items available sooner. Series #1 had 11 items, Series #2 had 22 items and Series #3 will have 15 items. Series #3 could almost be called the "Dio-Series", because several of the items are "accessory" type items and not just weapons (perfect fodder for dioramas & dio stories). The items "round-out" the overall Marauder assortment and were all requested items. Will post images of all reduced prototypes in a few weeks (don't have all of them yet). If all stays on schedule, hope to have product by the end of September.

Marauder "Gun-Runners"
Series 3

-Machete
-Flashlight
-357 Magnum Pistol
-Luger Automatic Pistol
-Combat knife
-Grenade
-Claymore Mine
-Cell Phone ("Nokia" style)
-Beret (will fit the "average" sized head)
-Rifle Rack
-Sawed off, Double Barrel Shotgun
-Tanker Helmet Microphone
-"Modified" British Sterling Submachine Gun (will have trigger & trigger guard)
-AK74 /47 Assault Rifle with Tactical Stocks, attached Bayonet and REMOVABLE Ammo Clip (will have trigger & trigger guard)
-AK74 /47 Assault Rifle with Tactical Stock & REMOVABLE Ammo Clip (Same as above, but no bayonet. Will have trigger & trigger guard)

NOTE: Extra Ak47 /74 ammo clips will be available separately. The AK in this series is based on the most "advanced & modern" version released in 2003. Bayonet was planned to be removable, but couldn't get the engineering to work. So made 2 styles (one with & one without bayonet). In addition, ALL pistols will have trigger guards going forward and the decision of trigger & trigger guards on larger weapons will be on a case by case basis.

Marauder "Gun-Runners" 1:18 Scale A-10 Attack Jet The "Combat Raider" DARK BLUE version of the A10 Warthog. Wingspan is over 25 inches and plane measures almost 24 inches long. Plane will be molded in DARK BLUE PLASTIC (NOT painted), bombs will be black and jet will have working & STURDY landing gear. Will come with USAF decal sheet (to use as needed). The Dark Blue Marauder Jet is an exclusive version of the regular issue light gray USAF A10 (w/ green bombs) from PTE. The Dark Blue jet has a target price point of $40 or less and should be available in November.

Hope you all like what is in the "pipeline." Work continues on future releases, but wanted to be sure new items were available on a steady basis, lessen the wait between series and react to your requests as quick as possible...so pushed up the release of the "Dio-Series."
All the best!
Marauder-John"
as you have noticed the accessories sound cool but i'm disappointed : no FAMAS

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:02 am

Thing that's the confirmend list. Supposidely, they were showing off the prototypes at the Joe Convention. I can't wait to see the SW Stormtrooper gun they are putting out. If it is even halfway decent, I'll buy a ton of those.

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:15 am

the e-11 is supposed to be the british ww2 gun ain't it ?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:06 am

If you read how they did most of the props for SW, most of the guns are either German or British WWII surplus, with extra parts glued on. Heck, the Jawa gun is an old WWI flare gun, if I remember correctly.

That's one of the reason I love all the SW high end collectibles today. ILM made so much of the stuff from junk, and now a replica costs a fortune. Best example is the on/off button on Qui Gon's lightsaber - I've used those how many times to plug pressure taps on pipelines.

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:17 pm

Maybe the famas will be released in the spring wit the other 25 pieces that were split off from series 3.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:27 pm

The E 11 was a reworked British STERLING SMG (which went out of service during the 90s I believe).

I`m interested to see what it looks like & IF it`s possible to turn it back to a Sterling SMG :D or at least a Silenced Sterling :D

As for the other Wave 3 It`s truely looking like MJs pulling out all the stops :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:34 pm

This series is looking VERY awesome with lots of VERY cool accs and according to those that have seen the prototypes at the joe con the items are top notch. I have always wanted accs like spare clips and grenades amd claymores that can be had cheaply this is an AWESOMe wave and i cant wait to see pics and better yet get them in hand. :)

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:59 pm

Morian Miner wrote:If you read how they did most of the props for SW, most of the guns are either German or British WWII surplus, with extra parts glued on. Heck, the Jawa gun is an old WWI flare gun, if I remember correctly.

That's one of the reason I love all the SW high end collectibles today. ILM made so much of the stuff from junk, and now a replica costs a fortune. Best example is the on/off button on Qui Gon's lightsaber - I've used those how many times to plug pressure taps on pipelines.
that's right many SW OT guns are made from WW2 props : german machine guns or pistols...

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:43 am

still from Jedidefender's member spectre :

All the items are shown, except the Beret and Tanker Helmet mic. The release date is still on target for late September, but wanted those folks interested to see the items before then. Also, per numerous requests, here is the price list:

Marauder "Gun-Runners" Series #3

-Machete $.75 Each, 12 for $7.99

-Flashlight $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-357 Magnum Pistol $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Luger $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Combat knife $.50 Each, 12 for $4.99

-Grenade $.20 Each, 6 for $.99

-Claymore Mine $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Cell Phone $.40 Each, 12 for $3.99

-Beret $.50 Each, 12 for $4.99

-Rifle Rack $2.49 Each, 3 for $5.99

-Sawed off, Double Barrel Shotgun $.50 Each, 12 for $4.99

-"Modified" British Sterling Machinegun w/ Working Stock $1.00 Each, 12 for $9.99

-AK74 /47 Assault Rifle with Bayonet and 1 (ONE) REMOVABLE Ammo Clip $1.50 Each, 6 for $7.99

-AK74 /47 Assault Rifle with 1 (ONE) REMOVABLE Ammo Clip $1.50 Each, 6 for $7.99

Complete Set Series #3 (1 of Each of the above items, NO tanker helmet mic, but INCLUDES 3 Grenades) $8.99

-------------------------------------
-Tanker Helmet Microphone (available separately ONLY, mic is NOT included with the Series #3 complete set) $1.99 Each

-AK-47 / 74 "Extra" Ammo Clip $.25 Each, 5 for $.99

Hope you like what is in store!

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:26 pm

Well i think this wave is a huge wave for me i cant wait to get my hands on all these very cool accs i am planning on a very large order i have dealt with john on numerous occassions and he is so helpful. My last two orders i have bought his multi packs ie the con sets and he has allowed me to customise them to what i wanted not just what was in the set.

This Ak looks like a brilliant rifle and i can't wait to get it. it will be my ultimate AK i am hoping that in wave 4 which he has said he is working on now will include a sop mod M-4 with removable mag. He seems to be interrested in WWII items too as he has the Tommy Gun and now the Luger and i think there was some talk of a .45 at one stage perhaps with some suggestions we could get some new weapons and accs for both modern and WWII. He seems to be very open to suggestions and i have a load of items that i would love to have produced.

I also saw on one of the joe sights that the Beret is very close to the BBI one which is very cool.

Anyway glad to see pics of wave 3 hoping for better ones soon last time there were reviews up on Joe sights before the actual release so will be keeping my eye on them.