Intel officer (CIA) And MP amended His Jeans

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Intel officer (CIA) And MP amended His Jeans

Post by scope uk » Sun May 21, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi guys here are a couple of customs that i think are pretty good i especially like the baseball cap on my CIA guy think it came out quite well and is constructed just like a real baseball cap. Anyway let me know what you think:

Last edited by scope uk on Tue May 23, 2006 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Sun May 21, 2006 4:04 pm

Nice work Scope, as usual 8) The supressed MP-5 looks very much like one I got in a BBI set called "Combat Command" I think. These are great looking pieces in a variety of different styles that are just begging to be custom painted, and the nice thing about them is that they are made of some type of hard plastic, so no droopy barrels and such like you see on some of the 21C weapons :roll: I'm in the process of detailng a bunch of these at the moment, along with some figures, and I will post up some pics when I get them all ready. Keep up the great work. Ciao,

Scott

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sun May 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Thanks ostketten am glad you liked the figs the CIA guy is carrying the Supressed Mp5 from that Combat Command set just with the stock replaced. They are Very good i just wish BBI would bring them out over here!!!

The Mp's MP5 is from marauder Inc : http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

I really like this version as it has a double clip and i will be adding triger and guard before painting and weathering the weapons.

Here's hoping some of the new BBI stuff ends up in some Combat Command sets and they bring them out over here!

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun May 21, 2006 5:30 pm

Scope, thanks for the Marauder link, looks like they have some very cool stuff, I am definitely gonna have to give them a look. I originally bought the CC set just for the SINCGARS manpack radio set, because I wanted that for a figure I am customizing, the weapons were just an added bonus and as you noted, they are really quite good, just need a little detailing and painting. Cheers,

Scott

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Sun May 21, 2006 11:53 pm

marauder john's weapons are incredible, you can buy them with your eyes closed, you won't regret il

scope uk, i'm not too fond of the cia guy's trousers, they look to bulkey for m taste but your two customs are outstanding (once more) with all the details and accessories.

thanks for sharing

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon May 22, 2006 12:21 am

Hey Scope I`m glad you posted these 2 mate as I do Like them. The CIA operator is sweet :D Still cannot figure out how the hell you can stitch a baseball cap at this scale mate :D The useable satchel is perfect BTW :D

The MP is also Great & I love the Accurate detailing on the PASGT vest :D
The MP arm band is a great touch BTW :D Clearer photos would be nice of him though ;)

As for those BBI Target packs,I love them & really happy I got some last year :D

Quick question though on MJs Mp5 to BBI`s. They both the same size or one larger than the other?

Ja
Steel Bonnet

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon May 22, 2006 1:15 pm

Thanks guys i am glad you like these two guys as you can prob guess there are a few mistakes in getting things like the baseball cap done right. I have just done 4 attempts at a Beret and have now got a design that i am hapier with just need to tweek a few things.

blaster_e11 I agree with the comment on the trousers i was forced to make them out of an old shirt of mine but the material was a bit too thick. I now have some new thinner material so he will be getting a new and better pair of trousers soon!!

steelbonnet Marauder John's MP5 is very nice as are all his weapons (ended up buying atleast one of all his weapons) In relation to size do you have the Intoyz SWAT MP5? if so its almost exactly the same size but MJ's MP5 far exceeds the Quality of the Intoyz one you just have to add a trigger and guard which isn't too dificult.

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon May 22, 2006 2:13 pm

Thank`s mate I think I may have to increase my MP5 family size then knowing the size of these in comparrison to other brands :D I do have a few Intoyz Mp5s BTW :D

Trigger guards & triggers are easy to adjust on Mj`s weapons as we know :D

Thank`s mate & again Love the work :D

ja
Steel Bonnet

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Mon May 22, 2006 10:55 pm

SWEET FIGS----Love the MP---Love the baseball cap too!!!Are going to start implanting human hair into the scalps to !!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice work SCOPE UK---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Mon May 22, 2006 11:12 pm

Nice figures, good work and giving me some ideas.
Also, just want to throw my voice out to Marauder John and his cool-ass weapons company. I still like BBI's guns more, but Marauder is way beyond 21st Century's 1:18 guns. He is making guns now that I would have loved to have had 10-15 years ago as a small GIjoe collector...

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue May 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Thanks guys am glad you like the figs i have gone back to the cia guy though and i havn't been happy with his jeans from the start so i have given him an update with a new better fitting pair.

Don am glad you are getting some ideas am always interested in other peoples customs gives me more ideas :)

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue May 23, 2006 2:54 pm

Much cleaner. Very nice.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue May 23, 2006 3:43 pm

Very tidy mate.

ja
Steel Bonnet

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:54 am

nice update these jeans look way better

good job on imporving an already cool custom scope uk

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by MiG29K » Wed May 24, 2006 12:53 pm

Scope! Incredibly wicked work you got there... Is that Bruce Willis and I he never surrenders!!! HA!!! Quality work that leaves me perplexed and in awe!!! Have you done a full flight jumper yet? I haven't had a chance to check if you have.

Rob
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed May 24, 2006 2:43 pm

Thanks guys i think he does look alot tidyer now am glad i did change his trousers as now i am happy with him. Before i liked him but just knew the jeans weren't right.
MiG29K I have done a Jump suit and am going to work on a HALO jumper soon i have started little bits of it and have the parachute already sorted for the fig here is a couple of pics of it if your interested:

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

astounding...

Post by MiG29K » Wed May 24, 2006 5:56 pm

Pret-A-Porter for all your 1/18th scale peeps! That Square Chute is wicked! Damn, is this all hand sewn, machine done or a combination of the two? I did buy two pairs of the newly released bbi Modern US Airborne Troopers. When I get around to it, I'm going to post it up for Steelbonnet. I wouldnt be surprised if the ripcord and backup was functional... you really take it to the edge, man!

R!!
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

wolf8564
Sergeant
Sergeant

New BBi Speacial Ops Figure

Post by wolf8564 » Thu May 25, 2006 9:01 am

Dude,I just picked up four new bbi figures from TRU and one of them looks almost just like your guy!

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu May 25, 2006 10:57 am

Thanks MiG29K the whole thing is hand sewn no sewing machine involved atall needless to say it took a very long time to do each of the panels is an individual piece of material i did a round chute about a year ago aswell and it looks alot like the WWII BBI ones that i have so was quite pleased with that. i am hoping that the main chute on the fig will open but dont think i can get a reserve chute to work.

wolf8564 would that be the spec ops guy? I want to do a fig just like him will need to change his jacket but think it would be quite cool!