A Bridge Too Far....

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

A Bridge Too Far....

Post by ostketten » Sat May 20, 2006 10:58 am

While shopping for supplies for my daughters pet Guinea pig today, I ran across this plastic bridge that is intended for use with aquariums and terrariums. It looked pretty neat, and it appears to be a very good match for 1/32 scale stuff, and it even has "shell holes" in the top of the bridge, and all for only $12.99. What do you guys think??

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat May 20, 2006 11:46 am

That fits very nicely with the figures mate. GREAT find :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Sat May 20, 2006 2:12 pm

Cool, Gotta get me one of that! I think my 1/35 models will fit real nice on and around it. Great find!! Did you find it at Petco, Pet Smart or at a private store? Thanks for sharing. :lol:
Last edited by billgiff on Sat May 20, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat May 20, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey Bill, glad you like it. Yeah, for 12 bucks, what the heck, I think it has real potential, it just needs a little paint here and there to cover up that fake "algae", I mean it is an aquarium piece after all. I got it at Petsmart, and they had several other items that looked like they had modeling applications as well. Take care,

Scott

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 20, 2006 5:21 pm

Looks good! I've seen some of those same pieces at a Petsmart store in my area. I thought about getting one of the larger Greek/Roman temple ruins and then use it in a setup with BBI Romans.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

cool

Post by digger » Sat May 20, 2006 6:49 pm

Wow! :shock:
That is one of the best of its kind! I often check that stuff but this piece really works. :D
Btw, put finds like that right in the 1/32 Forum...for a second I thought it was a new 21C playset. :P

OzDigger
Corporal
Corporal

Post by OzDigger » Tue May 23, 2006 4:57 am

Top find, King and Country would charge heaps for that one :)

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri May 26, 2006 7:00 pm

I went to Petco looking for the bridge but they didn't have it. They did have some Greek and Egyption ruins, including a Sphynx(sp). If someone ever release some British figures or vehicles, they cold be poised in front of the ruins. I thought about modifing some modern figures into SG-1 and poising them with the Egyption stuff.

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:28 pm

dude, that is a RIDICULOUSLY awesome thing. :D T-Up man.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:32 pm

I found several of those (plus some other interesting items) in my local Petsmart store as well. I'm tempted to pick one up.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:41 am

I found several of those (plus some other interesting items) in my local Petsmart store as well. I'm tempted to pick one up.
The price was hard to beat on the bridge at under $15 including tax, and as you said they have other stuff that has modeling/diorama potential as well. My guess is that if items like this were being sold by Build-a-rama or one of the other outfits that sell diorama accessories, the price would be way higher, probably at least twice as much. Back when I purchased the bridge I tried a google search for the manufacturers web site (the name escapes me now) but came up empty handed, I wanted to see what else they had that might be suitable for our purposes, but I guess I'll just have to stop in to Petsmart once in a while and see what's available. Cheers,

Scott
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:41 pm

I saw these at my Pet Smart too!!!Pretty cool---I also saw a bag of what looked like black sand in the fish departmant!!!!It might work pretty good for a USMC IWO JIMA dio????---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]