Flakpanzer IV Mobelwagen In Action

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Flakpanzer IV Mobelwagen In Action

Post by ostketten » Sat May 13, 2006 4:28 pm

I was just having a little fun with one of my new toys and took these digital snaps. I'm gonna call this montage "Jabo's On The Horizon, Belorussia 1944" For those of you who are unfamiliar with German WWII military jargon, a "Jabo" is short for "Jagdbomber" and was a term used to describe an allied fighter bomber, and in 1944 the skies were full of them, since the allies had almost total air superiority over the Germans. I may try another series tomorrow featuring the Flakpanzer IV "Wirbelwind". Hope you guys enjoy. Cheers,

Scott

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun May 14, 2006 2:27 am

OUTSTANDING work that`s incredible :D

So the Flak piece a 1/16th piece or did you scratch build a 1/18th piece?

Again Outstanding work mate & look forward to seeing the Wirbelwind :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sun May 14, 2006 4:59 am

Isn't this a 1/32 version?

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun May 14, 2006 6:14 am

Isn't this a 1/32 version?
Indeed it is, these are the 21C (Motorworks) "Cold Steel" Mobelwagen and Wirbelwind. Both have been out of production for quite some time and are becoming increasingly difficult (and expensive) to find in new condition, I have been trying for months to locate one, (especially the Mobelwagen) and I was fortunate enough to come across a small cache of both at a fairly reasonable price, and the result is what you see in the pics. Steelbonnet, thanks for the kind words, and I'll try get some snaps of the Wirbelwind today, weather permitting. BTW, this would make a stunning 1/18th model, and it's a shame that 21C never produced either in that scale. Thanks guys,

Scott

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sun May 14, 2006 6:27 pm

Sigh....beautiful piece of armor. I was kinda hoping 21st would make several armor out of the 1/18 PzIV chassis like *gasp* a Hornet! But....

It makes me wonder about my decision to give up my collection of 1/32 scale.

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Sun May 14, 2006 11:33 pm

Cool pics--- got any more??? I would love to see em!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]