AH-1W Super Cobra

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

AH-1W Super Cobra

Post by ostketten » Fri May 05, 2006 4:32 pm

Here's my latest acquisition, the Motorworks AH-1W Super Cobra with the "snake" fuselage graphic. This is one cool bird, and I was thinking of doing a "tarmac dio" with some vehicles and figures, maybe some mechanics servicing her and/or some troops guarding her, whaddya think??

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 05, 2006 4:41 pm

I have that one hanging on my ceiling currently and have had it since 2004. The 21c AH-1W is one of the best 1:18 helocopters out there! The version you have is based off an actual aircraft and there are photos of it avaliable online. You may also want to track down a couple of the BBI carded Helicopter pilots. I have a couple of the BBI pilots (with the OD green uniforms) in the cockpit and they make the chopper all the more fantastic. Those, or their tan counterparts, may still be found at some online stores or occasionally at TRU.

A "tarmac" dio would be a pretty cool idea. You may want to check out the www.foxholetoys.com online store as they have some pretty good tarmac dios with BBI and 21c modern products that may give you some inspiration.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri May 05, 2006 4:58 pm

Tman, thanks for the tips and ideas, I will definitely check it out. I have some of the vehicles I might use already on hand, but I could use some more figures, I'm gonna have to check out the foxhole site, and sleep on this tarmac dio thing before I decide how I want to do it. Thanks again.

Scott

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Fri May 05, 2006 5:06 pm

Very nice.

A AH1 is something I`ve yet to add to my helo collection just like the huey too need to sort at least one of those :D

Still I`d be over the moon with either the camo or snake versions as there Both Impressive.

I like the idea of the tarmac dio piece,look forward to seeing that soon I hope :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri May 05, 2006 5:48 pm

man that looks like a Culpepper Cobra :roll:
i'll recon Lynchburg Wally world tomorrow :wink:

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri May 05, 2006 7:21 pm

man that looks like a Culpepper Cobra
You betcha! And let me take this opportunity to thank you once again for the heads up on that man, it was a nearly 200 mile round trip for me from Monrovia, but it was worth it. Good luck at Lynchburg, let us know how you make out. Ciao,

Scott