home workbench 2

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

home workbench 2

Post by tderespino » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:23 pm

hey,, whats on your workbench???

http://community.webshots.com/album/547781312xxGRHL

tomd

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:30 am

WOW Tomd,

That stryker is looking great. So how many is that now you have?
Must admit though I think your the only one I`ve seen custom Strykers from & mighty Impressed i`ve been with them too :D

As for the troops,Great.Again BBI-Joe Hybrids? Looks like to me though thought best to ask.

I`ve noticed you take a completely different approach to articulating BBI figures to me. Any chance we could have a Step by Step from you :D

You`ve seen how I do it,with my desert guys i posted last year. Your turn :D LOL

Oh as for my desk (no photo at present),though I have 10 British Modern figures in the painting stages of Temperate DPM. Also some Custom SA80 weapons & Minimi`s. Along with FINALLY my Land Rover WOLF WMIK in the final stages too :D

Also there are 2 modern German Tropentarn (Desert Flecktarn) KSK operators i`m finishing up on.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

stryker

Post by tderespino » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:40 am

That is the same stryker I have been working on for a while, It is a lot of work making the cage. I had to put it aside for a few months. I plan on finishing it as I am on a spending stryke :lol:

You know articulation is one of my favorite subjects. I have made many custom figures, each time I try or learn something new. I could take some step by step pics later but the ones you see are spytroop figure torso/shoulder/hips BBI lower leg/boots and forearm/hands.

tom

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:56 am

Yea great when you an committe more time for a project instead of a bit here & there....LOL I know that feeling very well.....LOL

Look forward to seeing the vehicle completed though :D

As for the figures,yes when customizing it is alwasy nice to try a new path that may bring better results & even more articulation :D

As said these new ones are impressive mate.

ja
Steel Bonnet

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:20 am

Whats on my workbench? I'm currently re-doing the BBI F4U to make it an historically accurate bent winger! I am doing it up in the markings of Ira Kepfords famous #29. Once done it will go along with Maj Roger Hedricks Bunker Hill bird, the famous #167.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

b17 project

Post by eddie372 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:22 am

On my bench, my 1:25 scale B-17, which is going to be a total beaut once I'm finished. This baby will have rotating props with very accurate, loud radial engine sound, blue smoke during engine start, all kinds of lights and very realistic looking landing gears.

Eddie
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

t

Post by tderespino » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:29 am

great thread, keep it going

as far as my stryker,, I have a lot of work,,this is what I want

http://www4.army.mil/OCPA/uploads/large ... 3T-007.jpg

tomd

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:30 am

Yep & When you have it Tomd,it`s going to look so cool too mate :D

How you tackling the remote HMG Turret?

As for me well JUST finished painting British DPM camo on a group of figures & adding the black to the XD Royal Marines.

I`ll be posting later on when the weathers a little better. I also painted the Black on the XD RM backpacks,though i did one & left one just so you can see the difference. As said will post them later on :D

Also did a couple of SA80-UGLs too (Sa80 assault rifle with the AG36 grenade launcher),looks like this:-

Now to just finish off my Landies & redone to ACCURATE Scale Scimitar CVR(T).

Also working on my Modern German units as well as some Aussie Modern troops & a 6 wheeler Landie :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

tderespino
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

turret

Post by tderespino » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:25 am

the Turret wont be too bad.. I have some spare parts that look like those countermeasure tubes. I will just put a 50 cal and a few sandbags around the base..

The hardest part is going to be the rails, those wires I used just don't look right. ,, I just haven't found the right material. I am thinking spru strips or something from the hobbyshop, maybe toy train shop,,,then glueing them together,, auuuug!!!

I am going to finish before the platoon figures I think..

tom

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:14 am

That`s a possibility Tomb for the railings. The one`s you have used are a thicker lot though for scaled thin wire well lot more work there ;) LOL

Either way though this is going to be a very appealing piece once done :D

Oh just taken some photos of my WIP Brit stuff,though will post in a seperate thread :D

ja
Steel Bonnet

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:53 pm

Lookin good. I am starting a Modern 5 ton Guntruck here in the next week or so. I have the plans ready and most of the material.

Where did you get that green paint? keep up the good work.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Nice stuff!

Post by markecho » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:58 pm

Just had to say great modern troops..yet again!...And yeah that Stryker looks like it is going to turn out great!

And love the Romans battling the elephant!

Great stuff as usual!
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!