Weekend Custom Project: PTE Type 98 Tank Repaint

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Weekend Custom Project: PTE Type 98 Tank Repaint

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:38 pm

This is essentially the same post that I made over in the 1/18 scale forum, just out here for those that lurk in the customs and mods section :wink: Anyways, I had a quick weekend project to repaint a Power Team Elite World Peacekeepers Chinese Type 98 MBT. I had originally painted this several years ago in a less-than-stellar green on tan scheme using spray paint, but this time I decided to airbrush some colors and give it a more “Russian” looking paint job. I also did some basic panel highlights and weathering, but nothing too heavy or too fancy. I’m pretty happy with the end results and feel the tank looks far better than the stock PTE version! Enjoy :D

My repaint with one in its original paint (more or less):

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Re: Weekend Custom Project: PTE Type 98 Tank Repaint

Post by YT » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Looks great. I just came across mine when I was packing and thought how neat it is.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

tmanthegreat

Re: Weekend Custom Project: PTE Type 98 Tank Repaint

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:25 am

Thanks YT! The PTE Type 98 really is a good tank model and certainly one of their better efforts. As one of the only non-American modern tanks in prebuilt 1/18 scale, it’s a good addition to any collection.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."