Pickelhaube's Sidecar Kit Revisited

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Pickelhaube's Sidecar Kit Revisited

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Several years ago, I ordered a partial motorcycle sidecar kit from Pickelhaube with the idea to turn it into the motorcycle with side car that Indiana Jones and Henry Jones Sr. used to make their escape from the Nazi castle in "Last Crusade". Anyways, Pickel sent me the partial kit and it then sat in my attic and garage for years, even moving between houses, before I finally got to it this past week...

My end result is not 100% movie accurate - I used a 1st SS Panzer Division insignia as that looked closest to what was on the sidecar in the film. The side car fender is wrong as I had to scratch built one using the front wheel fender from another Indy bike, since the part was missing from Pickel's kit. I used the wheels from the Hasbro bike for the side car as well. In the end, I think the model looks well enough like the movie prop - and gives me a use for the excellent Henry Jones Sr. figure.

Enjoy :D

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Re: Pickelhaube's Sidecar Kit Revisited

Post by YT » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:31 pm

Great work!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton