another customizer at shapeways

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

another customizer at shapeways

Post by Crazy Kraut » Fri May 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Have you ever seen this one:

http://www.shapeways.com/product/BQDW9M ... d=55997009

Got several more interesting things he offers.
Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

Crazy Kraut
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: another customizer at shapeways

Post by Crazy Kraut » Fri May 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Wir haben gehurt, gekämpft und gesoffen, des Führers Mühlen verbraucht, sind auf dem Zahnfleisch gekrochen, doch haben wir uns teuer verkauft.
JG300 Wilde Sau

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Fri May 20, 2016 2:41 pm

I have seen the v-1 dolly how do you like that price ?

$140 !!

It does have more detail than mine but $100 worth ?

Not sure about that .
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri May 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Yah Pickel, I'm with you. Nice details but printing costs are way to high,
maybe some day they'll come down.
Its great for a prototype for mold making and then resin.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 20, 2016 8:38 pm

Pickelhaube's Zubringerwagen is a steal compared to that 3D printed one... Which reminds me I still need to build the kit I got from him :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

greendevil41
Corporal
Corporal

Post by greendevil41 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:43 pm

Actually those are the same images and drawings I used to add some detail to Matthews excellent kit and I didn't spend $140.00. Still needs painting but I'm happy with it.

http://imgur.com/a/uAX8F

Nick_Karatzides
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Nick_Karatzides » Sat May 21, 2016 9:53 am

normandy wrote:Yah Pickel, I'm with you. Nice details but printing costs are way to high, maybe some day they'll come down. Its great for a prototype for mold making and then resin.
The main problem with above mentioned HOLDEN8702 seller is that he produces his designs using the most cheap shit-quality plastic known as "WSF" (White Strong & Flexible). We all need to understand that if you order the above mentioned 1/18 V1 buzz bomb zubringerwagen item, you'll receive something that will be quite different from the CAD screenshots you see at item's description. Even if his CAD design model looks almost perfect on screen, it is just a digital (non existing in reality) model. The actual 3D printed miniature item, will be rough, with grainy finish, with visible line marks and without hi-resolution detail on it. Cheap material, leads on cheap results! As long as the models are produced with cheap shit-quality plastic material, the scale miniatures you'll get when you open the box, will not look as nice as appeared under item's description. Have a look into following two pictures, to see what I mean. This is the most cheap shit-quality "WSF" plastic.

Well, as most of you already know, I am a 3D models designer and also run the Anyuta 3D shop on Shapeways lab too. Fellow scale modelers who already tried some of my 3D printed designs, know very well that I am NOT using the cheap shit-quality "WSF" plastic and I prefer the much more expensive "FUD/FXD" (Frosted Ultra Detail / Frosted Xtreme Detail) plastics. Have a look into following picture, to see what I mean. This is the best available (up to this moment) plastic - which I use.

Keep in mind that the cheap shit-quality "WSF" plastic he use for producing his designs, costs $0.28 per cm3 only. Same time, the "FUD/FXD" plastic (which is the best available plastic in market up to this moment) I use, costs $3.49 per cm3 for "FUD" to $5.99 per cm3 for "FXD" plastic. That means that producing the exact same model with different material (high quality "FUD/FXD" plastic VS cheap shit-quality "WSF" plastic) could lead to much different production costs and ofcourse in different detail level miniatures.

I think that the above mentioned price on the 1/18 V1 buzz bomb zubringerwagen is a steal, considering that the item is produced with the most low quality (and zero detail too) material. IMHO, he is asking a "FUD/FXD" level price, while he is offering a cheap "WSF" matterial printed item. He seems to be a talented designer, his CAD models look nice, but unfortunately he chose the most wrong & cheap plastic material to print. Producing items for scale modelers & miniature collectors should be always done with best available matterial. The FUD/FXD might be most expensive plastic, but its the only one to guarantee detail level. Anything less does not worth the money. Just my 2 cents.