Any military model painter for hire in Los Angeles area?

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
tparkhere
Sergeant
Sergeant

Any military model painter for hire in Los Angeles area?

Post by tparkhere » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:12 pm

I hope this is the correct area for this inquiry.

I am looking for military model builder who can realistically paint 1/16 RC armors in Los Angeles area. For now, they are 1/16 WW2 German tanks.

If we can agree on the price, I will bring armors.
A. For now, I can commission at least 8 armors such as Tiger, KIng Tiger, Panther, Jagdpanter, etc.
B. I have no deadline. I will work around your schedule.
C. These armors are already built. However, you should be able to slightly modify 1/16 armors and definitely be able to paint armors realistically. I can pay by Paypal or cash.

Please contact me by my personal email:
[email protected]

Thank you.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Any military model painter for hire in Los Angeles area?

Post by rschaap » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:53 am

Here is a thought that may help. There are a lot of modelers in the classified section of "Finescale Modelers" magazines that offer their services as far as building quality models. I'm sure one of those folks would be happy to help. You can also look at the International Plastic Modeler's Society / USA (IMPS) and see if you can contact a local member.

http://www.ipmsusa.org/#

Another option is to contact a local military museum, since they will contract with model builders along with displaying donated or loaned models. They may be able to put you in contact with someone.

Just a thought.
Last edited by rschaap on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Any military model painter for hire in Los Angeles area?

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:10 pm

You may want to contact board member, Jnewboy. He's a bit further north of you in Porterville. He does a fantastic job at realistically weathering vehicles and I believe has done commission work. He's posted many of his examples on the board, so it should be easy to find a sample of his work. Postage wouldn't be that much within the state. I've done some weathering, but not nearly as good as Jnewboy's work!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."