Completed 1/18 Quad 50 Resistance Guntruck (image heavy)

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Completed 1/18 Quad 50 Resistance Guntruck (image heavy)

Post by C130IM » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:13 pm

1/18 Quad 50 Resistance Guntruck finally done!! The camera flash brought out little too much shine to the steel paint but it still came out okay. I have other close ups of the damaged sections of the truck and can post if want to see them.

In my verse, these trucks (variants of) are used by bands of resistance and regular US military forces in the occupied southern US territories. Heavily armored and armed with .50 quad, upper/side mounted .50 cal machine gun, grenade launcher, and other small arms. Battle with the invaders proved that the .50 caliber rounds were more capable of inflicting damage on enemy vehicles and penetrated infantry armor more effectively than the standard .223 or 7.62x.39 round. Trucks were wired with high tech optics and computers to aid in targeting enemy units. Each round had to count!

Done for this variant. If there are any suggestions or input for improvement I'm open for critiques.

Chad

Positive Trader Reports:
http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... &start=650

gliderdwm  30 Sep 10, 22 Oct 10
popeye357 13 Oct 10
Ferrari250GTO 15 Oct 10
xddave 24 Oct 10
ram04 9 Nov 10
Jay 28 Mar 11

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Completed 1/18 Quad 50 Resistance Guntruck (image heavy)

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \

That thing is the COOOOLEST FOKING THING EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:11 am

flyboy_fx wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \

That is an understatement! If only I had the skills and time...

Are those Our War figures?

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:09 am

love it! what did you use for the diamond plate on the sides? where can I get it?

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:19 am

I mean... I LOVE the resistance/rebel/freedom fighter kind of vehicles with welded on armor and GUNS! :mrgreen:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:26 am

That is nice.

A far cry better than what my insurgent forces have at their disposal. They have a quad fifty as well, but in the back of an overworked pick-up, with nothing in the way of armor. Which is ok with me, as I wholly expect them to lose, but I had a spare, somewhat broken quad fifty so...

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Thanks everyone! I have other variants I'm working on. This group of militiamen were just fortunate enough to salvage the equipment they needed and have regular army personnel amongst them.

flyboy_fx

Thanks man! Glad you like the custom and the the concept behind it (rebel, militia, resistance, freedom fighter).

B17Fortress
That is an understatement! If only I had the skills and time...

Are those Our War figures?
Appreciate the comment! I still underestimate my skillset. Trying to push myself for perfection. Get to level of detail and quality seen by professional builders and customizers.
Time, wish had more. I have a larger tank I've been working on for the past 2 1/2 years. One day, hope by next May that build will be completed.

The figures are Our War figures. But, used more for reference. I am working on group of custom figures that would fit well with this truck.

Jnewboy love it!
what did you use for the diamond plate on the sides? where can I get it?
The diamond plate you can various patterns from http://www.plastruct.com. Have to download their catalog and order online using the codes from the catalog. I think towerhobbies carries their product. The diamond plate is biege color just painted steel color. They have a lot of items that help with customizing and model building.

Ruger
A far cry better than what my insurgent forces have at their disposal. They have a quad fifty as well, but in the back of an overworked pick-up, with nothing in the way of armor. Which is ok with me, as I wholly expect them to lose, but I had a spare, somewhat broken quad fifty so...
Not a problem. I'll have a pickup very similar to yours. Resistance, insurgents, etc. use what they have at their disposal. I have other variants of this truck: with quad .50, with out armor; artillery (rocket/howitzer); guntruck armed merely with SAW, M60, or just a 50 cal. Then using ragtag pickups and el camino's for mortars or mounted with machine guns. I like the resistance vehicles because I can build pretty much anything and then shoot it up, damage it, etc. And in the end, hope it looks like a nice custom.
Chad

Positive Trader Reports:
http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... &start=650

gliderdwm  30 Sep 10, 22 Oct 10
popeye357 13 Oct 10
Ferrari250GTO 15 Oct 10
xddave 24 Oct 10
ram04 9 Nov 10
Jay 28 Mar 11

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:54 pm

looks like you used:
DOUBLE DIAMOND PLATE
LIVE STEAM (1:16) SCALE
CODE: PS-151
12” x 7” (300mm x 175mm)

Is that right? or is that the 1/24 (G scale)?
thanks!