Custom BBI Hellcat repaint

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Custom BBI Hellcat repaint

Post by pokeyjtc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:02 pm

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:14 pm

Nice work and different.

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:32 pm

That is a 8) paint scheme.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:25 am

That looks great. For a newbie like me contemplating this sort of project, I'd be very interested in seeing a description of the process and methods you used to achieve such a good result.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:39 am

8)
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:48 am

GREAT job. It's really fun to see you do this because I am about 90% finished with a Hellcat repaint of my own. I almost did this exact same scheme for mine. Went a different route in the end. Yours looks fantastic! -Really!

While we are on the subject can I just say how displeased I am with the Hellcat mold! I literally HATE this offering. Don't get me wrong. I love the airplane itself. I just hate BBi's build of it! The flaps are such a joke, mine simply flop around, they won't stay in place. The wings sag FAR worse than ANY Avenger I own. The landing gear, no matter what I do will not come all the way forward so the plane constantly slips off the gear and lands on it's nose. and those under wing doors that allow for the wing to go backwards are always falling open when the plane is in a flying / fixed position. What a joke! It's too bad. I really want to like it. I am now reminded why I only own 1 other Hellcat, and reminds me why I packed it back away and forgot about it. So I may finish this pig just to do it. But I might donate it to a worthy cause or sell it off as it is simply far below my expectations...

I do like my Zeros, F-18, and F-16. Anyone else feel this way? Or is just my 2 Hellcats!

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 pm

TKO,
My Hellcat has all of the same problems that yours does. The landing gear problem and the horrible wing fit/sag drive me nuts. I had to coax the gear forward far enought to keep the plane up for the pictures. It still fell down about ten times though. It is a shame since its the only Hellcat we'll ever get.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Very nice , it is my favorite paint scheme for the Hellcat. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller