1/18 Early Tiger Custom

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Sun May 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Outstanding work brother, i could tell a lot of work went into the tiger.
I wish I had a PzkwIV to make a stug with
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon May 04, 2009 6:48 pm

So you just used the complete FOV lower hull? That sounds much easier than trying to transplant just the suspension.

Outstanding work all around. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for your kit.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Tiger

Post by thehun » Tue May 05, 2009 5:14 am

Yes, but when you take both tigers apart you’ll see that 21st and Fov were made totally different, This is where the challenge come’s in making them fit together, I have started on another one and I’m going to try changing the road wheels on a 21st tiger with my cast Fov wheels if I can make it work with 21st tracks, this may prove to be to much work and it might be like you stated “Easier just to swap hulls" I'll know in a couple of days, I just hate having to use 2 tigers to make one,
Hun

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Tue May 05, 2009 11:00 am

Hun, you and Pickel have magic powers. I want to steal them, and use them for my own exploits.

Incredible, as usual, sir.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Tiger

Post by flpickupman » Mon May 11, 2009 4:37 pm

thehun wrote:Yes, but when you take both tigers apart you’ll see that 21st and Fov were made totally different, This is where the challenge come’s in making them fit together, I have started on another one and I’m going to try changing the road wheels on a 21st tiger with my cast Fov wheels if I can make it work with 21st tracks, this may prove to be to much work and it might be like you stated “Easier just to swap hulls" I'll know in a couple of days, I just hate having to use 2 tigers to make one,
Hun
It would be nice if you could come up with just a road wheel kit. I'd be willing to sacrifice a FOV Tiger to pull it off(I only need one completed tank), but swapping road wheels sounds easier.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Tiger

Post by thehun » Mon May 11, 2009 7:20 pm

I got a couple of tigers tore down now, but i kinda had to put the early tiger kit on the back burner for a few, i got a couple of other things i got to get finished with, I should be back on it Thursday if not before, I know it can be done, I just have to figure it out and make it easy to swap them out, other members have e-mailed me about doing this kit so it's something i really want to do, So bare with me.
Hun

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Tiger

Post by pickelhaube » Mon May 11, 2009 8:48 pm

thehun wrote:I got a couple of tigers tore down now, but i kinda had to put the early tiger kit on the back burner for a few, i got a couple of other things i got to get finished with, I should be back on it Thursday if not before, I know it can be done, I just have to figure it out and make it easy to swap them out, other members have e-mailed me about doing this kit so it's something i really want to do, So bare with me.
Hun
I think that the road wheels should swap with no problems . As long as you can get them to fit on the axel spindels. It is the main drive sprocket that does not work with the other. The teeth do not mesh with the tracks between the two. :?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

tiger

Post by thehun » Tue May 12, 2009 5:11 am

yea, This is the ball buster, getting everything aligned to work with the track, where it will roll correct, replacing the road wheels was not that big of a deal, but It has to be a fairly easy conversion so the average person can do it, I'm chewing at the bit to get back on it, BUT thanks to you Pickel and your Wirble, and M113 kits i'm kinda busy, I only have 1 of each to finish then i'm back on the tiger, also I'm confused about the P-36 who do i order one from you or skyworks ????? :D :D LoL
( I could not help my self on that one)
Hun

pickelhaube

Re: tiger

Post by pickelhaube » Tue May 12, 2009 5:26 am

thehun wrote:yea, This is the ball buster, getting everything aligned to work with the track, where it will roll correct, replacing the road wheels was not that big of a deal, but It has to be a fairly easy conversion so the average person can do it, I'm chewing at the bit to get back on it, BUT thanks to you Pickel and your Wirble, and M113 kits i'm kinda busy, I only have 1 of each to finish then i'm back on the tiger, also I'm confused about the P-36 who do i order one from you or skyworks ????? :D :D LoL
( I could not help my self on that one)
Hun
Remind me again why we are friends ?

:roll: :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Tiger

Post by thehun » Tue May 12, 2009 5:42 am

Hey you know how it is once you turn 50, you start having a sick cence of humor, I just could not resist it. I know it ain't funny to you, and really it's kinda sad.
PM sent also
Hun