Projects from Coreyeagle, Custom Truck, Picture Frame Birds

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Projects from Coreyeagle, Custom Truck, Picture Frame Birds

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:58 pm

Greetings:

I have been working on a variety of items this summer for some different things and thought I would share them. These are a little different from the norm on here but I will post them anyway.

Antique Truck

The first thing I made was an old fashioned delivery type truck. I have several of the old New Bright Crazy Car Battery Antique Cars they made for awhile that I have been able to locate on Ebay. They are close enough in scale to display with my World War I airplanes. Anyway one of mine was in very poor condition and I made it into a truck.

This is basically what I started with except the car was red and in pretty rough shape (scratches, etc)

This is the truck I made from the car. The whole car was taken apart, and the back plastic rumble seat removed. The bed on the truck is simple foamboard covered with that wood paper you find at craft stores. I took some spare fence to make the sides up. I kind of made this like a modified in the field truck that someone would have. As trucks were flat colors, I painted it in some green craft paint. The truck is about 1/12 scale by guess.

The car had the lanterns on the front near the windshield. For the truck, I decided to mount them on the bed as tail lamps. Some dollhouse potato sacks work nice as a load on this truck

A final view of the original starting point car and the modified truck. This was a relatively easy conversion although snapping the roof back into place took some effort. I like the finished result.

Picture Frame Diorama Birds

This is a little off topic but I was very pleased with the results of this idea so I am posting it. This is the third picture frame diorama I have done. Some of you may remember the pheasant and the tiger. I use a picture frame and foamboard to make a quick, simple diorama base.

The inspiration for this particular project was my backyard. I installed some birdfeeders this summer and the results have been unreal in terms of birds that have come to the feeder. Here is my picture frame bird diorama.

The diorama was done using a 10 by 13 frame. I cut foamboard for the inside. Brown sandpaper was used to make the ground. I hid the seams using deer moss and summer flowers from the craft store. The rocks were a bundle of those river rocks you can get at the craft store also. That is real birdseed used as well.

The birds are the simple and inexpensive mushroom birds you can get at the craft store. The birds I selected are four I commonly see at my feeders. The Northern Cardinal, Blue Jay, Red-Winged Blackbird and American Goldfinch. I purposely used a smaller Finch as they are smaller in real life. I also tried to select some brightly colored birds and realistic birds from the craft store (meaning actual species, not fake colors). A couple coats of craft sealer finished this job. Note: I assemble everything then insert into the frame, so that way the frame looks good. I use the simple $5.00 frames from Walmart for these projects. This project was inexpensive to make and is a nice home decor piece that is homemade. I really like it.

Comments Welcome

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:59 am

Truck looks great Corey! Do you have any shots of it "in field" with one of the aircraft it's supporting? Perhaps if you messed with the angle or field of view it would offset the scale differences. Could be a really cool shot.. Either way, nice custom.. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:39 pm

Nice looking truck. :wink:

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:32 pm

Looks great man :D
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel