GERMAN BoB SCOUT---WIP---

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

GERMAN BoB SCOUT---WIP---

Post by RED » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:42 pm

Hey yall--- I got a new custom I just started tonight and thought I would post a few pics!!!!What we have here is a mounted German scout ready to do his part in the BoB!!! :D All this custom is --is a 21stC BoB German fig and a PTF fig---I pulled them both apart and used the top half of the German(head,arms,chest) and the glued them to the lower half of the PTF fig(waist,legs)!!!! I then cut the legs off just above the boots and glued on the German boots!!!!All that is needed now is to paint the pants a gray color---maybe white!!!!The horse is from a PTF set that I got for about $2.50 and all I did to it was put a saddle blanket under the saddle and tighten down the saddle to the horse!!!!I might put on the stirrups later and add some gear!!! :D I hope yall enjoy the pics!!!!---RED---Image---[/img]Image
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:23 am

Hey RED,
That`s very nice mate & great to see others using the XD/PTE combo for more articulated figures. Works really well doesn`t it.

Love the add on of a blanket for the horse too,certainly add`s to it.
Stirrups sound like a solid addition too.

So you doing a few mounted or is he recce on his own?

Ja
Steel Bonnet
My 1/18th Custom World. Updated 15th Dec.
http://www.freewebs.com/steelbonnet/

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:26 am

That looks great Red! I have that in my customs bullpen. Don't forget to add the bridle! :D

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:57 am

Nicely done. I keep flirting with the idea of using one of those articulated figures if only so I can get one of my guys to sit on the Maisto Harley.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:29 pm

Hey yall---thanks for the nice comments! :D I hope to have it in a Eastern Front Dio this winter --- if we get some snow down here in Georgia!!! :lol: :lol: ---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]