Modern British Marines

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Modern British Marines

Post by scope uk » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:12 am

Hi guys i have been working on these for a while and have been happy with the results i have given the figures the latest British osprey body armour that is being issued to our troops at the moment. This is the start of my force of Royal Marines that i will be expanding in the future.

Let me know what you guys think :)

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am

WOW ScopeUK,Truely WOW.

I thought the whole SEAL team was impressive but this a 10 man squad is truely Amazing.

The mix of DPM & Arrid DPM is fantastic & the S6 helmets are execllent. The body armour,Vest & chest rig are SPOT ON.
Your painting camo is spot on too ScopeUK OUTSTANDING :D

The Custom Brit weapons too work really well with these guys too.

Makes my Plastic Mod Brits look redundant compared to these buggers :D

Outstanding work indeed & just like seeing a section of 1/6th British troops.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:55 pm

Thanks Ja these have been a long time in the works started the first one before the first Seal! but finishing that team motivated me to do a large brit team i eventually hope to have a lot more brits
here are a couple more shots that show off the paint schemes and gear better i took the others as i wanted to make sure i could stand them all in a walking posture.

Still got a few bits of painting to do but thik they look ok :)

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

damn!

Post by MiG29K » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Scope,

You have tremendously unsurpassable skills man! The first pics look like they're 1/6th and its unfathomable to think they're 1/18th. I dont know how you do it man! The goggles and full kit look like straight out of the late night news or some mil-documentary. I know that some company has made for 1/6th, fully field strippable weapons and you know, I wouldnt be surprised if you were developing them for 1/18th!

Take care!

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:40 pm

Thanks Mig29K i am glad you thought they looked 1:6th thats just what i am aiming for :) I have been waiting years for a company to do some brits and just got fed up so said right i'll just make my own!

I really enjoy customising my own weapons and the Marauder inc SA80 was just screaming to be made into and LSW and UGL version. i would love to get weapons with working actions ala 1:6th but don't know that we ever will.

At the moment i am just counting down to marauder inc's wave 3 to get my hands on the new accs and more importantly the ak74 with removable mag. I have been suggesting to him that he makes an M-4 with all sorts of add ons and removable clip and hope to see it one day.

I am still hoping BBI will come out with some brits as we still need them especialy weapons like the GPMG and L96 but i don't think it will be any time soon :(

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:40 pm

Hey Scope,

WOW more photos of these guys Aww man you ARE truely spoiling us :D

Also Great to see the last photo with the kit layed out :D & also each piece of their kit too.

Have to say it again mate (knowing what you think to your paitning skills),OUTSTANDING work on the DPM & Arrid DPM.Excellent job indeed.

You just make me so jealous of your talent mate with making & sewing the clothing. It`s truely unbelievable & I own some of your clothing you`ve done.

Pure Amazement & moreso GREAT to see you FLYING the FLAG for us Brits :D

Oh BTW how come you didn`t add the insignia i did for you awhile back or is that coming? Or are these guys going Sterile ;) ?????

Ja
Steel bonnet

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 pm

Hi JA
Well i havent forgot about the insignia they are going on there i just need to finish off a few bits (if you look at the pouches on the plce rig and the radio pouches) need painting and then the insignia will be added at the same time so they aren't quite finished but they have taken so long to do i am starting something else at the mo and will be going back to them in a couple of weeks and completly finishing them off.

Thanks for your comments re the paint job it is the one thing i really worry about but i do think these came out well :)

I am happy with the kit i have done for these guys but i think the arktis vest needs a few tweeks that i will be fixing for the next ones i do. :)

kevrut
Officer - Brigadier General

xd

Post by kevrut » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:53 pm

Looks cool! 8)

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:33 pm

scope UK, i already loved your work with the seal platoon, now these customs make me drool all over my keyboard

i think the fact that they are non US troops make them even cooler and more interesting

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:08 am

Hey Scope,

Well mate I knew you had done working pouches again on the chest rigs & no doubt the PLCE & Artkis vest too. So radios going in will be sweet. I`ve not had time to sort out a decent headset myself so we`ll have to bounce ideas on that mate.

As insignia I look forward to them going on,as they are RM Commando`s you giving them ALL Para wings too or just some? If you need more printed out patches LMK.

As for the Artkis well if you don`t like it ;) LOL I know a fellow Brit who`d say YES :D ;) LOL

Again your painted camo is excellent mate. You`ve certainly got that one mastered. Now for you to master all the other camo patterns out there :D

So are you planning on RM berets for these guys too sometime in the future? As I think that would truely add to them so much.

Again OUTSTANDING work,Most certainly a Unit to be very proud of making mate.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:02 am

:shock: Amazing.... :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

digger

wow

Post by digger » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:55 am

I second that - amazing. :shock: The bulky look is what's missing from most figs today and exactly what you see in the field. I may come around on removable clothing after all.. :P

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:23 pm

Thanks Kevrut am glad you like the way they look :)

Thanks Blaster e11 i agree there is a real need for some non us stuff! i have plans to do a few German KSK figs, A couple of Canadians, Spanish, Austrians, Australians and Russians in the future just need to practice my camo paterns oh and i'm just waiting for MJ to do an FA Mas to do some French :D

Steelbonnet with the amount new gear the Brit forces are now using a am planning to do a few more in the future with differnt gear load outs. as for the insignia in the future will be doing a few figs that would wear para wings above the swimmer badge ala SBS :) I do plan on doing Berets for these guys i have tried different materials but cant get the proper look out of the normal beret design but have had some good results from the Action man type beret so might go that way but who knows if i find a good material might be poss to get a proper beret. :D

grunt1 Thanks man glad you think that :)

Thanks digger i'm glad you like the bulky look as its something i like too. With the amount of gear our forces are supposed to carry there is no way they are going to look small. Am Glad your coming arround to the softgoods clothing is hard but things like belts etc are quite easy to do :)

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:24 pm

scope uk wrote:Thanks Blaster e11 i agree there is a real need for some non us stuff! i have plans to do a few German KSK figs, A couple of Canadians, Spanish, Austrians, Australians and Russians in the future just need to practice my camo paterns oh and i'm just waiting for MJ to do an FA Mas to do some French :D
:shock:

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

WOW!

Post by markecho » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:08 am

scope uk - :shock:

Amazine work! From some of your pics they look like a set of 12" fig! - That is how detailed they look!

Awesome work! Now bring 'em out to the desert and have some photo shoots too!

Dang! These are greeeeaat!

Thanks for sharing!
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:25 pm

SCOPEUK---Outstanding--truely outstanding!!!!!If you are AIMING to make 1:18 look 1:6---then I would have to say BULLS EYE---give that man his expert shooting medal!!!! :lol: :lol: I love the 1st 3 pics of the MARINES marching!!!! I would also love to see them in a outside dio too!!!!Again great work---my hats off to you sir!!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:10 pm

Thanks very much for the kind words Markecho and RED i'm glad you like them. I hope to get some outside shots at somepoint but with the weather over here it's not really presenting any oportunity to get any pics at the mo. I am planning more brits though so hopefully there will be nice enough weather to get some outside shots at the latest when they are done. :)

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by MiG29K » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:27 pm

Where did you get the cloth in such patterns? Did you dye the fabrics on your own. Reason I ask is that its cool that you were able to find "scale" down patterns that work with 1/18th perfectly. I like the eeriness of those pics. It looks like night patrol! Flawless work man as usual !

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:39 pm

The Cloth is just normal linen cloth both the green and the tan used in these customs are pillow cases cut up.

The patern i painted on myself and i am pretty happy with the results so far but have been getting some tips from Steel Bonnet. The paint that i use is water bassed and works really well on cloth. You don't get chipping and even in person it looks printed.

Having said that i have been looking for a way to get camo patern printed in this scale i have asked a couple of companies but they havn't been able to help. Until we get printed cloth from someone painting on the cloth still works well. :)

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:44 pm

Thanks for the kind words hawkeye glad you like them as for the guille suit i have plans for a 2 man sniper team and have the guille suits in development but they are taking longer then i thought but the end results should be pretty good. At the mo though I have a 4 man Devgru team in development at the mo and am trying to pack as much detail as i can get into them :D
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:21 pm

amazing work!

and by the way, there are some really nice modern british figures in 1/6 also!...ok!

take care.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:54 am

hey scope uk you definitely should post WIP pics of the devgru team

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:52 pm

Thanks 75th ranger i borrow alot from the 1:6th world my brother and a friend are 1:6th collectors and i borrow items from them to see how they are put together etc.

Blaster I have been working on the Devgru team for a while i will try and get them up before xmas but am going to be absent for about 3 weeks because of work. They are based on the Microman body so are super articulated and are carrying as much gear as i can give them :)
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm