ReThrottlization...

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

ReThrottlization...

Post by MiG29K » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:47 pm

The weathered gray look on throttle didn't look too hot since the rest of the cockpit looks like the interior of a brand spanky new car in a showroom...so after accidentally breaking it off this morning during an ejection seat removal I painted it to match the control column...

??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:04 pm

Well that looks great mate.

The detailing the cockpit anyway is mindboggling as it is.

Big question I have to ask,ARE You doing any work in the cockpit area ie panels,screens etc? Or leaving them as BBI did them?

Ja
Steel Bonnet

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Hmmm...

Post by MiG29K » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:14 pm

Jason! -

At the moment no immediate plans but I did picture the CRT displays as something that could be lit up with green lighting. I noticed that a few things were different so If I were to do anything, I would have to do research. There is this unit called a RHAW display and on the bbi display, it looks different - A few of the Navigation/Coordinates displays are different too. But right now, I'm takin it a step at a time. I keep wanting to put the ground fuel panel on the starboard side of the nose. Folkewulfe is working on Radar and toying with the M61A1 idea. I would want both but I've already looked inside the nose are (after making the refueling probe) Its not necessarily impossible but it would be very ugly work. The radar would be easier to do than the M61. I would want to get all the detailed pics (preferably see it close up so I can snap photos) before I built it. I wouldn't want it half-assed! Too many damned ideas...including converting a GI Joe Hummvee (gutting the wheels seats, and chassis) and making it into towing truck (the white ones you see on carrier decks) By the way, how do you expect me to quit when you keep putting all these ideas in my head? I'm tryin to get rehabilitated!!!! You ain't helpin man!!! hahaha!

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:43 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Well that`s what i`m hear for to make sure you Don`t take your meds & Go completely GA GA on thios project so when I ask for the finished piece you`ll mail it with NO arguments :D HAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though. WOW Sounds like you have serioulsy thought about it,though again NO surprises there.

I know we talked about the Radar & well mate for what you HAVE done I win`t hold it against you for NOT doing the radar though i give Folkewulfe Top Marks for giving it ago as well as the M61 :D

You guys are truely amazing that`s ALL i can say :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by ostketten » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Well that looks great mate.
I agree. It's those small touches like that, they can make a real improvement on what is already a great looking model. Well done, I say. Actually, I'm jealous...I wish I could afford a Hornet :( but at nearly $100 bucks, I'm afraid that I am gonna have to save all my pennies for a while before I can get one.