Wheel Chocks 101 for the bbi F-18 and a small switcheroo...

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Wheel Chocks 101 for the bbi F-18 and a small switcheroo...

Post by MiG29K » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:59 am

Someone had suggested I make wheel chocks and I made mention that I would take a crack at it. Soo that said: 1. Go to your favourite Chinese Restaurant and Order the NUMBER FIVE (aka MooShoo Pork with Fried Rice, side of Hot and Sour Soup and Spring Roll) Remember to take some extra chopsticks with you or go to Panda Express at your local Mall and they have plenty :P 2. Yes, a #11 Xacto knife. 3. Yellow Paint. 4. Some type of string... Don't remember where I found mine. And 5. superduperglue. (Click your center mouse button wheel to scroll left and right to view all)

After I was finished, I decided to give the chocks a "30 Degree Incline Test" because I was bored and feeling stupid. I used a camera tripod level for comparison...

And last but not least...The great SWITCHEROO... :shock:

Alrighty...till next time...

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:03 pm

WOW So simple for the chocks,Chopsticks DOH!! But of course :D

As for the Switcharoo,very nice (we are looking at the 301 No# being reversed? ) :D

As for the Aircraft itself AWESOME & Your a BAD BOY making the bird look so desirable to make me want one (I don`t have the room,I don`t have the room,i don`t have the room) LOL

Cannot wait to see what our very own MAD Tinkerer will come up with next on the F/A 18 :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

bbi F-18C - Squadron Number Fix...

Post by MiG29K » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:59 pm

Some of you familiar with Navy Squadrons probably caught the error on the Golden Dragons version of the bbi Hornet. On the LEX Fences, the squadron number is erroneously painted "VFA 190" No such squadron exists and somehow I'm surprised that bbi missed that. Good thing it was a Zero at the end and not some other number... I figured after switching the plane's modex number from 361 to 301, I would take it further and correct the squadron number to VFA 192...

??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas