Have any of you custom guys heard of this place?

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
[CAT]CplSlade
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Have any of you custom guys heard of this place?

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:15 pm

TS Hobbies selling built-to-orders?

The work is really nice, although I don't quite like the P-39; it looks more like a model than the others but that might be more an issue with the scribing on the kit itself rather than his skill. I like the oil drips on the Skyraider's belly tank from when it's just sitting.

The Bible scripture at the bottom is a little odd, but he apparently resides about 40 miles NE of me and that would fit that area.

Lot of money, though. Do any of you guys who have done this think he is off the mark asking $700 considering it includes the base model (~$69 online) and all other necessaries? For what Pickel is doing to produce the Tiger II, IMO once again he's asked too little because apparently he is subconsciously generous to a slight fault, as with the Horten. Pickel loves doing it too much to get all Mr Business on us. If you went up to this ts guy and said, "Make me an He-219 in 1/32 from scratch, not a kit." what would it cost?

I'll do just about any kit for $75 plus cost of kit and necessary materials that I assure you will measure up to 21st Century QC standards at the very least (No fingerprints, yet!). This offer good until I reach the stage I stop accidentally breaking off aerials and gun barrels repeatedly, at which time my rate will rise to $100 plus incidentals. Pray I do not learn how to properly thin my paints or things could get really pricey.