TIPS FOR REPAINTERS AND CUSTOM GUYS

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

TIPS FOR REPAINTERS AND CUSTOM GUYS

Post by thatf14guy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:43 pm

I don't know if anyone has started an actual tip forum, but my tip is for those who repaint their planes and sometimes get paint on the canopy. this is a tip my dad told me about and well it works pretty damn good. try using denatured alcohal, just a q tip and a dab of this stuff and your canopy looks like new! tips for taking your jsi tomcat apart, use a butter knife to seperate the fuselage and the nose section. photos will follow if needed.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: TIPS FOR REPAINTERS AND CUSTOM GUYS

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:53 pm

thatf14guy wrote:I don't know if anyone has started an actual tip forum, but my tip is for those who repaint their planes and sometimes get paint on the canopy. this is a tip my dad told me about and well it works pretty damn good. try using denatured alcohal, just a q tip and a dab of this stuff and your canopy looks like new! tips for taking your jsi tomcat apart, use a butter knife to seperate the fuselage and the nose section. photos will follow if needed.
Nice tip. But there is a custom tip post already.

viewtopic.php?t=539&start=0&postdays=0& ... highlight=

I am not sure anybody reads it though.
I usually do not check on it.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:23 pm

o well, not perfect, can't wait to reveal my latest tomcat repaint to you guys who are fans of the f-14 this is a treat.