Members

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
bswearer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bswearer » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:59 am

jesus christ. so who/what exactly pissed this guy off? his work was amazing and from what i saw in all of his posts most all of the feedback was very positive. i see what, two people who were picking at his stuff? TWO PEOPLE?

now he's gone and edited all of his posts and removed all his pics stripping this board of some awesome displayed work!

sure he might have overreacted a little bit with this "rage quit", but i could understand why. i mean, he posts some pics of his amazing work, and has somebody tell him his flag isn't correct, his paint scheme isn't accurate, his hatch is wrong etc....?

i may not do crazy custom work, and i may not post a ton on this board, but i love collecting and the main reason why i visit this board regularly is to see all the cool stuff that other people make. now literally some of the best work i've ever seen has disappeared from the boards.

thanks jerks :evil:

and no, having just seen this turn of events, i'm not over it. i can expect this type of crap from 15 year olds griefing on video game forums, but on a collectors site comprised mostly of ADULTS? what has this world come to?

my opinion, things need to be righted so that PLASTIC is willing to come back. get those PMs going :roll:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:21 am

lol......the guy actually edited all his posts and deleted the pictures.

i think you are targeting the wrong folks as 'jerks', my friend. There has only been one jerk in all of this.

Anyway, there are zillions of nice pictures of amazing models and customs on the internet and tons of other talented folks on the forum right here.

This is a non-event in my books.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:11 am

I will admit. It does seem a little extreme for him to have deleted all of his pics.
I understand that he was hurt/offended, or whatever; but, considering all of the positive input he did receive, and all the pms asking him to stay (myself included): this all seems a little playgroundish, now. The positive should have greatly out weighed the negatives. It almost seems like pouting. Either way: it's a damn shame.

I really wish PLASTIC would have stayed; but Im going to agree with Aferg...this is all becoming quite bizarre.

We should just drop it, and move on.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm

I think Grockwood got it right, plastics post on 23rd March on that thread pretty much sums it up.

We may think he has overreacted and acting bizarre but he basically hinted he has experience the same thing on other forums so it may have been frustration and indignity building up from a long time, so its a take no bs from now reaction.

Very unfortunate then, I missed seeing all his dio posts before he removed them so I missed out big time and can only imagine from everybody else's very positive comments on his fantastic work :cry:

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:42 pm

I posted his flag pic on Missing Lynx to see if anyone had photos of his ID flag in use(for future use if it warrented possible results), as my books didn't have them..and as I said with 200+ WWII German themed titles..not having some information on hand is rare..The first source I got back that even meantioned a Balkan Cross flag said it was unconfirmed in use, but might have been produced for SS units...So I posted that as a qoute with the source. When I finally got Photos, which I added to the 4Gigs of WWII PK/Axis photos I have on hand..I had the proof I was originally looking for. I didn't attack his work on D/P/U(Date-Place-Unit) mistakes..For what he did with what he did was too good for that...meaning started with a IMO soft PzKpfw. V toy into his finished model...I also posted the book that shows the Photo of the flag in use, a title i do not yet own.

I do admit also I am a Nutter, but more of a To&E groganard in Modeling and Wargaming. meaning I can let the differance of a early and early-mid production Sturmgeschutz III slide vs buying $30-50 of aftermarket to fix a kit to 100% correct, esp if something I am building for enjoyment and not for shows.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:52 pm

well if PLASTIC has been through this before you'd think he'd either toughen up a bit or stop posting pics of his things.

If you show your stuff in public you invite critique and criticism. He got loads of positive comments but apparently all he focuses on is the tiny bit of unfavourable ones.

Anyway, he needs to man up a bit in my view and stop playing the role of the misunderstood artist....these are plastic toy tanks for cripes sake, he's not da vinci or michaelangelo, ya know?

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:00 pm

I guess some may have missed. he mentioned that it was'nt correct, just what he wanted to do, his techniques where enough to over look not being correct.

There are plenty of forums that dwell on every nut and bolt, I did'nt think this was one of those.

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 pm

I feel like this is going to create some kind of strange, inter-forum void.

I suggest we lock this thread, and let it be.

This is like a festering sore of drama.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Jay wrote:Nah...still not sure what all the fuss is about......I'm over it already....I'm getting beer, anyone want one?
Ill take 1!!! :wink:
1st I coundnt agree with AFERGUSON more!!! The guy did some pretty kicking work and a really sweet dio---but come on---to leave because someone had a problem with his custom is alittle to much!!!
2nd Who ever had the problem is a jackass!!!This guy painted HIS tank the way HE wanted to and thought that it looked good(because it did)and wanted to show it off!!!I would have done the same as would anyone else on the forum!!!
I like to get feedback on all my customs/dioramas---If you like it cool,if not maybe some one know something that might make it better!!!Thats all there is to it!!!When someone has a problem with a custom---thats fine you cant make everyone happy!!!But have some sand about ya and dont take your ball and go home!!!I hope the ol'boy comes back but at this point I think Ill just drink a beer or 2 with JAY!!!---RED---
Last edited by RED on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:11 pm

Really, we need to look at what we have all posted as customs, mine I know have been have not been the best, but I felt like this was a place you could put your work and not be beat to crap.

So what is the next standard? Doe's it have to be historically correct? or can someone do what they enjoy?

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:25 pm

This is a place anyone can post their customs---thats the great thing about this forum!!! But you are going to have 1 or 2 people who cant get past the fact that some folks want to do their thing---historically correct or not!!!For the most part the forum members are great folks and are happy to see what anyone has to show---and thats the way it should be!!!Im not saying there shouldnt be any criticism because sometime its agood thing if the person isnt being a rivit counting jackass about it!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:09 pm

he was hardly beat to crap. The only criticism of his work i ever saw took place before he was even a member here.....when someone else posted pics of his work and another member pointed out some flaws with it.

After he was a member and posted his own pics i couldn't find one single negative comment.

But if you post pics of your work you have to expect or be prepared for criticism. If you can't live with that, then probably better not to post. Most people say positive things or politely say nothing but sometimes there are criticisms; it's a fact of life.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Well we tried to keep Plastic around, I know there was far more positive reaction to his work than negative. I'm sorry to see leave, he had much to offer us and we him.
I must say we're a very talented group...some more than others...but thats why we're here, to enjoy this hobby and learn from each other!

I think this is the reason Ground Pounder started this site. Its evolved over time but the spirit is still here...its a hobby.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Eh, I read through that...

Ah, nevermind. I had a longer post and it's not worth even saying. :lol:

Both parties involved in that sucked hard for different reasons.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

pf

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Just a couple of ideas here. It's impossible for one to expect nothing but positive feed. Negative comments have to have a place as well even if they are not well constructed. The negative should only serve to make a person better at their craft. The few posts PF submitted already pushed me towards greater results in weathering my vehicles. Purists should have a place on this forum the same as people like me who could give s#%@ how many flaws a custom has. But there is no need to be jealous of another's ability. I guess I'm wondering also how old PF is if he's getting hurt feelings over this. All I saw was positive comments. I hope you read this,PF. Don't quit now you just started.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Not to sound harsh, but if Plastic gets upset over something like this then maybe he's better off staying out of here. I for one don't really want to be tip toeing around someone's feelings when it comes to talking about their work. The fact that he went and removed his photo's and post's says something about him as well. I'm not having a go at him...i'm just saying that the fact it's gotten to this (so soon) says something about possible future interactions with him.......hey RED!...how's your beer looking? Ready for a top up!
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:52 am

To a certain extent you have to have thick skin if you are going to show off your work here, and some occasional negative comments are just part of the game. as Aferg said, as long as it doesn't cross the personal attack/racial threshold, if you can't accept a few uncomplimentary remarks you probably shouldn't be posting pics of your work here. Right or wrong, now that the guy has deleted all the pics and departed, these threads have kind of run out of gas, and perhaps it's time to lock them down.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:26 am

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/

good idea how good and bad it can get among us Kit-builders.

Constructive Comments Discussion Group

This "virtual workbench" is hosted by Adam Wilder, Brett Green and Robert Oehler, and is designed so that Missing-lynx readers can share their "in progress" photos with the rest of the readership and generate constructive discussions. Participation is open to all Missing-lynx visitors.

Overall most is postive, but you always have those who nit-pick and add their .02cents. Or like me, question why this was done vs that..or where they found the idea for the build.

To be truthful, not to have your work looked at in detail and questioned(or raise conversation) means it's not very interesting to the viewer(S).
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:17 am

ahh ok interesting read
First off some people can be outright mean with comments sure -
but you will find that wherever you are - work, school, family, forums, etc
if you show your work expect the oos and ahhs because we all appreciate what it takes and the time put into the models and customs - I know I dont have the skills to pay the bills when it comes to this stuff - at the same time expect the criticism. Most of it is good, well received and helpful - i mean how else do we learn and improve but through our mistakes and listening/learning to others. The rotten comments? well take what you can from it and ignore the rest - dont take it personel.

now show your stuff and continue to get better at what you do!!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:38 am

I don't know,

He may have had bad experiences with nit pickeys and his work before other places... so he would rather avoid the flame wars I think..
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Hey guys, can we talk about spots on F14's or something?

WHAT???