Be Careful When Dealing with Skywork Toys.

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Be Careful When Dealing with Skywork Toys.

Post by pickelhaube » Wed May 20, 2009 6:20 am

Well I have had it.

After constant e-mailing and phone calls with no reponse from Skywork toys. I have come to a conclusion.

They are unscrupolous and will rip you off at any given time.

They are not to be trusted and anybody who deals with them should be careful because they will be ripped off as well.

I have tried and tried to deal with them and EVEY SINGLE TIME , THEY HAVE LET ME DOWN.
I have even tried to contact Militay Toys and they want nothing to do with it.

Jack at Skyworks Toys is a thief. He stole from me and has done NOTHING TO SHOW ME OTHER WISE. I have tried to resolve my issues with him and he has not even tried to answer me . So if he comes clean I will stike this statement. Other wise IT IS THE TRUTH.

I feel that a thief wants some thing so much that he is willing to steal to get it.

This is what Jack has done . If he wants it that bad then he can keep it.

Put down Jack as a thief just like that rip off guy Bob Hughes or what ever his name is.

Everytime that one of Skyworks models will come up . I will mention that they are rip offs and buyers beware.

I realize by posting this I could get kicked off of the board but this needed to be said and I apologize because this is the only way I can vent.

Dirty laundry should not be spread in public but when people are at the end of their rope they get desporate.

Matthew
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed May 20, 2009 6:37 am

What exactly did he do? Could you explain or did you do that someplace else? Sorry to hear it went bad.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed May 20, 2009 6:50 am

Sorry to hear about that PH. If there's any opinion that would be respected here it would be yours.

cornbreadfred
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cornbreadfred » Wed May 20, 2009 9:39 am

I too am sorry about this issue PH. I wonder why Jack won't contact you?
Fred, really looking forward to the JSI 1/18th scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Wed May 20, 2009 12:30 pm

I also had a bad experience, unfortunately. That is a lot of $$$ for disappointment.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Wed May 20, 2009 12:53 pm

Greetings:

While I have not lost as much as Matthew, I can certainly understand all of his frustration with Skyworks Toys. Since the beginning of my situation with them, Matthew (aka Pickelhaube) has been extremely supportive of my situation and tried to be helpful.

For those who know me on the forum and those who know me off the forum through email or trades, you know that I spend most of my summer photographing airshows. Truthfully, I am much more interested in airshows and aircraft than any piece of armor or figures (no offense to the armor guys). I saved up a lot of my hard earned money putting some away for several weeks to buy a custom painted F-16 in the Thunderbirds color scheme from Skyworks. I don't have a lot of extra money, so this was a tremendously large purchase for me and only rivals in cost what was spent on a Blue Angels Hornet some time ago. I contacted Skyworks and made all the arrangements. The model was finished and sent back.

Upon recepit of the model, I noticed a few things that didn't please me. The first was that several of the decals were lifting. After some gluing, I managed to get them to stay on finally. Far worst was the tailpiece of my F-16. In order to seal the decals, it was clearcoated, but clearcoated to an extent it turned the white an off white, clearly noticeably different from the rest of the plane. I emailed Skyworks and they offered to redo the tail for free. This was acceptable and I sent the tail back to them as planned. It was apparently redone and shipped back to me.

It's been over two months and I still do not have my tail. The postal service says it is lost in the mail somewhere. When learning of the problem, Skyworks offered to cast a new tail. I've been patient, but it is clear that the tail is not showing up. Now, Skyworks is stalling to cast a new tailpiece. I consider the missing tail their responsiblity, it was lost on their shipping to me. Plus, Skyworks offered to cast a new tail. I still have yet to recieve this replacement cast tail.

To his credit, Pickelhaube offered to cast me a replacement tail. Unfortunately, even if he were to do this, whose going to be able to paint and decal it other than Skyworks. Pickelhaube (Matthew) is a generous indivdual, but this is Skyworks responsibilty.

I don't have a lot of extra money and it took a lot of my money to purchase this model. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated by Skyworks. This is not the way business should be conducted. Things happen, things get lost in the mail, things get damaged. As a business, you should be prepared to handle such an event. Especially if you are producing customs that are unique and people pay their hard earned dollars for.

As Matthew said, as soon as Skyworks comes through, I will drop this case as well. Skyworks has my address and knows exactly what I need. Once the piece I need winds up at my doorstep, this matter will be closed for me anyway.

This is a very upsetting and stressful situation. I'm tired of emailing Skyworks, I just want this to be made right. Just as students come first in a classroom, customers should come first in a business. Especially a business that is making unique customs for the indivdual.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Pa Deuce
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Pa Deuce » Thu May 21, 2009 7:34 am

I've noticed the wrong wing armament on the P-51B - why would I pay so much for that? And the decals have silvering all over - or are those sitckers?
[img]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z144/b_daddyj/F-14.gif[/img]

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Well I tell you what, if I paid $500 for a model and it came in the mail with decals sticking up, I would be three shades of bent out of shape! I put up with fingerprints in paint, only because it only cost me 30-40 dollars. $500 dollars better darn well give me perfection if I am going to spend that on a model. That and top-notch customer service. If this is how they run their business, they will never get one cent of my hard-earned money.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:44 am

Greetings:

You are right, I even asked for a replacement set of decals and got no response from them.

The best part is he actually used a comment I emailed to him as a review on his webpage. Funny too he only has positive experiences to tell about on his webpage.

This has been quite an experience!

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun May 24, 2009 2:20 am

I hope that jack will start communicating with you guys and clear up any misgiving's...any one know what has been going on in his life lately?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue May 26, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm locking this for now until we can get this all sorted out.

I'm having conflicting reports about all this going on. For now, until I can decide what the next course of action will be (and me NOT wanting to be in the middle of this battle) I'm locking this.

I'm staying neutral in this mess going on. If you have concerns about buying from Skyworks, please contact Skyworks. If you want to contact pickelhaube about your concerns, you're more than welcome to do that as well.