Some customs in the works

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

Some customs in the works

Post by PanzerArm » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:16 pm

So it's been a while since I've put any updates or projects up here, so I fugured I'd delude you all with several :D

All these tanks vary in the degree of cusomization, from simple repaints to hacked and sawed customs. Cabe has been painting all of them for me, and now that they are nearing completion I figured I'd show them to you.

First off, here is that custom Tiger I from the S.Pz.Abt 501 in Tunisia circa 1942-43

Next is the 21st Century 1/32 Porsche King Tiger. I don't think I have shown anyone this as of yet, but this has had some minor customization done to it, most notably the zimmerit being added. The comments you see are Cabe's notes to me regarding any issues he came accross.

This is a Panzer III ausf. J/L that I bought from Cabe and negotiated to repaint in a DAK scheme. It is a tank from the Pz.Rgt 8. 15th Pz. Div. circa November 1942. I also had him painting some custom parts for another Panzer III J/L, including correct supplemental mantlet armor and the applique hull superstructure armor (similar to that on my Pz. III ausf.N), but I haven't gotten any pics of that yet.

To go with the Panzer III J/L I also purchased a Panzer IV ausf D, and asked CAbe to paint it per my instructions to also resemble a tank from the 15th Pz. Div.

Finally there is the Soviet Matilda. This was actually Cabe's idea, and I liked it so much I went ahead and commissioned him to paint me one.

LMK what you all think!

-Kevin

kevrut

Post by kevrut » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 pm

They all look good. :wink:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:41 pm

They look good.