All Done Tweeking a Jagdtiger

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

All Done Tweeking a Jagdtiger

Post by Yoxford » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Actually was going to repaint it but liked the pattern so I just airbrushed the yellow with Humbrol dark yellow and kept the green. Added mesh screens for the rear vents, mounts for the missing skirts and painted the yellow over the green to make it look like the green was added after all skirts were added, periscopes, handles, drilled out the MG barrels, armored tube for the light, new range rods and crank, track sag, antenna and mount, latch & new holder for shovel, and light weathering.

Last edited by Yoxford on Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:12 am

WOW :o
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:12 am

Great looking Jagtiger, man. Awesome attention to minute details.

Now stop distracting yourself and work on that 1/16 full-interior King Tiger!!! :lol: :P

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 am

Thanks Flyboy & GooglyDoogly for the kind words,

Yes I am looking at the 1/16 KT and getting ready to dive into it...but might wait for ABER to release their new PE for it before I get too deep.
(It was doing the research on the King Tiger that that got me messing about with the Jagdtiger.)

During the 21st Century sale frenzy, I also picked up a cold steel KT and ripped it up at the same time...I need to shoot some pics of that one at it turned out quite well.
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 am

Yes...very nice
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:40 am

All done, added the spare track holders to the levitating spare tracks, added the lift hooks to the roof and rear deck and detailed the interior that no one will ever see…

A look inside at the recoil mech.& massive breech of the 12.8 cm gun.
(forgive the weird lighting/color)

and tweeked the 21st century King Tiger for good measure...handles, lift rings, deck screens, track sag, weathering and thickened up the tow ears on the rear for the U brackets...

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

tanks

Post by thehun » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Yoxford,
They look great, you done a great job on those Cats.
Hun

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:52 pm

thanks Hun for the kind words. Now Iam off to start that Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger.