Ultimate soldier 1:32 Brummbar re-paint finished

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Ultimate soldier 1:32 Brummbar re-paint finished

Post by Cabe » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:33 pm

Here it is, i had only a few things left to do.Thankfully I got this done just in time t pack my studio up for the move.
It comes with the re-painted and altered 21st C. crew member.

The brummbar itself $200 and the base for it (a muddy road with dead grass on sides and a few dead trees, WIP) will be another $100
But
If you wish to buy the brummbar get with me soon. And if you buy it for $250 I will throw in the base diorama and shipping for that extra $50

but I will be throwing it on ebay quick (like 8:30 pm central tonight)as i still need money badly and I won't be pricing it this low unless I get a serious change of my mind due to some other funds coming in.

thumbs

see my art and model gallery at http://www.cabebooth.com

Panzer_M
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Panzer_M » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:34 pm

IMO not a 200$ paintjob..esp the figure/commander.

too smudgey..cheap tin toy like..

and instead of thick clump camo lines, even it out like this. It will look less a child art project.

and get some decals/photo-etch for the badges/insignia, you can't free it easily on 35/32 scale. Eduard makes the ranks/medals pre-painted even in photo-etch.

I could see sub-100$ for this Sturmpanzer.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:19 pm

* That's a pretty cheap shot @ ,.. don't you think. You might consider editing your post , otherwise I would be pissed.

* Looks like Cabe took alot of time & effort to make it look this good too. 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:36 pm

well.
you want a gavel to go with that attitude?
or a bib?
i guess me and the wife can count on your endorsement during this $ lean time right before her delivery and us moving. I will let you know they ebay auction # so you can go warn everyone n the ebay community about my evident lack of attention and immature painting skills.

i spent about 10 hours without sleeping getting this done to sell it tonight so we might earn some extra cash if I happened to sell it here or on ebay, not that I thought it would sell for as much as i wanted, but you know, with you around appraising it, i might not get anything but written crotch shots in exchange for even SHOWING IT

but F-it, not only is actual German camo now considered childlike and the figure (that came with the freaking thing) is obviously pulling the whole re-paint down because it doesn't have EDUARD'S PHOTO ETCHED MEDALS ON IT? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

HOW OLD ARE YOU MAN?
I SEE ONLY ONE THING ON DISPLAY HERE THAT QUALIFIES FOR CHILDISH AND OR CHILDLIKE!

to think I painted the fig as an afterthought

sorry i got an F in your class maestro I didn't know I was enrolled.

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:40 pm

I personally think that cabe has done exellent work on this. I discovered that I had a talent for repainting just awhile ago, and I know how hard it is to make something that detailed. If I had the cash, I'd buy his Tiger repaint right now. His work is incredible, and isn't toy-ish at all, and 1/32 is so small, I can hardly make out the details on the current tank commander. Even if he did have metals, you'd need a microscope to see them.

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:23 pm

Wow, that seems a bit on the harsh side.

I'm certainly no expert on WWII german camo schemes, but it doesn't look bad to me. I have been around long enough to know that not everything printed in a book is to be relied upon, and that armor vehicles, especially in wartime, can come with just about any paintjob imagined. And decorated with almost any item on hand. It would have to be pretty early in the war for a painter to have the time for the luxury of softening and blending all the colors.

As for Cabe's work, I have seen, and posses, some of it personally. I find it to be excellent. What he did to turn a beat up 1970's toy truck into a diorama-ready piece was amazing. If I had access to the funds, I'd happily have him rework any number of my vehicles.

Is this piece a $200 item? I can't say. I don't have that sort of money to spend on a single vehicle, so I never shop in that "market", so to speak. I do know that there are those out there who can, and do. I watch lesser items on eBay sell for more all the time. That's sort of the thing with art, it's value is solely in the eye of the beholder, or more precisely, the purchaser. It doesn't matter how much time or effort the artist has to put forth, only the results matter. I, for instance, could have spent a week solid on a Brummbar, and not gotten the results that Cabe has. Likewise, Cabe can do more in an hour than I would turn out in ten times the time.

In closing, I did just a bit of quick searching, and I was unable to find any examples of Panzer_M's custom work. I'll admit, my searching was brief, but I'd sure like to see some, and see how it compares. Oft times I find it helpful to know a bit more about the reviewer before I decide how much credit to give their review.

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Nice work Cabe.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Der Kommandant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Der Kommandant » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:38 pm

Simply put, that Brummbar is AMAZING, especially considering the original 21c product. The weathering effects are exceptional; if I didn't know better I would say this was a King and Country piece, or Minichamps piece, or something like that. Don't say it's childish...it's a genuine collector's item that a serious collector would love to have.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:24 am

just my opinion..of what is a "200$" model..hell the Dragon Armour 1/35s are much better detailed/done(with P/E) good paint, no slop and retail for 80$ or less. :wink: In my opnion it went from a crappy 21st paint job to a looka-like over weathered over darkeded FOV paintjob.

Rip on me for what you want..but there is a term for over-pricing ones own work..immortal glassy eyes.

I'd say price it at 40.00 and let's see what buyers think. Should it sell at 40$ prob..but is it going to rocket into the 100s?? Esp in a tough market? i dunno. But just make the model "WORTH" the money IMO.

least I got support in view.
Hey I dont mean to sound like an idiot or nething but i totally agree with your review on cabe's brumbar, its not worth what he's asking for. He also blackwashes the tank too much imho (hell it looks like he tried to hide the thick paintlines with weathering a.k.a a heavy blackwash). Just thought i'd let you know so you dont feel alone with everyone ragging on you for your review.
Cabe not to be anymore mean, but you should get "Panzer Modeling Masterclass" by Tony Greenland and some of the Osprey How-To: Paint various things books..you got a good start..but if you want to charge top-end prices, show us a top end project.

your bases on the other hand are a good point and you do very well on landscapes and roadbeds and whatnots.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:31 am

Cabe I think it looks good. 8) and I think its worth every bit 200 bucks. 8) I hope you get it what you are asking for.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:34 am

samples on Ebay right now, so you can see what a 200$ model is and what it's not. For the Toy-boys I am sure these will also class as amazing.

Panther Project: 150$ starting...1 bid

Panzer IV $188 buy it now

M Workshop Humber Mk.1 $139 w/ 2 bid

and just cause I've always been a fan of his company's resin kits..for 2000 bucks you can get a François Verlinden diorama.

and when I said Cabe figure looked like slop for the price, here is another point: for 46$ you can have this:

Image or a similar paint job on a resin figure..but these don't sell for more than 50$.
Last edited by Panzer_M on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 am

Then on the other hand we have this:

.99 starting no bids..but heck he'll make some money back with the 20$ shipping fee.

here is a good one actually..decent built..and the price is set right so the market can say what it's worth..edit 35$ start.

esp if this is the OLD horrid Tamiya F/G kit, which is really only a Pz IIF and then isn't really correct overall.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:33 am

Cabe wrote:well.
you want a gavel to go with that attitude?
or a bib?
i guess me and the wife can count on your endorsement during this $ lean time right before her delivery and us moving. I will let you know they ebay auction # so you can go warn everyone n the ebay community about my evident lack of attention and immature painting skills.

i spent about 10 hours without sleeping getting this done to sell it tonight so we might earn some extra cash if I happened to sell it here or on ebay, not that I thought it would sell for as much as i wanted, but you know, with you around appraising it, i might not get anything but written crotch shots in exchange for even SHOWING IT

but F-it, not only is actual German camo now considered childlike and the figure (that came with the freaking thing) is obviously pulling the whole re-paint down because it doesn't have EDUARD'S PHOTO ETCHED MEDALS ON IT? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

HOW OLD ARE YOU MAN?
I SEE ONLY ONE THING ON DISPLAY HERE THAT QUALIFIES FOR CHILDISH AND OR CHILDLIKE!

to think I painted the fig as an afterthought

sorry i got an F in your class maestro I didn't know I was enrolled.
The moment you claimed to be a 200$ artist is when I got involved..I see that as a rip-off for what you offer. I am really interested to see the paint on the Pz III as I am doing a similar build in 1/35. i spent about 10 hours without sleeping getting this done I think that's a little bit much for the acclaim vs what is shown.

I'm 27, been doing military stuff(planes and armour, now just ground and WWII) since I was 16, took a break at 22-25 to go into auto-racing, gave that up sold the cars, and now I am back into a cheaper safer hobby with WWII History.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:06 am

Ruger wrote: In closing, I did just a bit of quick searching, and I was unable to find any examples of Panzer_M's custom work. I'll admit, my searching was brief, but I'd sure like to see some, and see how it compares. Oft times I find it helpful to know a bit more about the reviewer before I decide how much credit to give their review.

MV
I don't post my work, cause 80% after I do something I am unhappy with the result or just don't like my work, so I scrap it, sell it on Ebay as parts or whatnot..and do another one..which was easier when models kits were not 50$ and up for the new releases. I don't do 200$, 100$ 50$ or work worth any amount of money, but I buy models that cause 50-100$ so I that's how I put my opinion on if something is a top job or just average. Also I have other kits built on display but I didn't build them/I bought them completed, more cause I wanted the AFV in a very nice form and didn't want to bother building it. so I am not going to show those..as for my stuff I sold alot of it before I moved so I am rebuilding my collection.

current WiPs, 1943 Infantrie waiting on rank/tabs decals since I wasn't please with the pin brush and the free-hand job. Kubelwagen is 90% built/painted..but not weathered and I got stowage for it..just got a Tamiya Weathering kit A(Dust,Sand and Mud) for it and the Pz III which is 15% built with the chassis done and I am working on the upper hull, and waiting on parts from Aber(metal MG34 barrels), Adler's(1.4m radio mast) and Friulmodel(ATL-04, metal tracks, with hollow teeth and no cleats on the links). The Infantrie aren't going to be used with the VW/Panzer, I built those for Tabletop gaming(Advanced Squad Leader) and plan on using DLM kits, Panzergrenadier-Italy 43-45 and Panzer Riders Lorraine 1944(but with backdated equipment to Sept.43). Been playing HPS: Salerno 1943(PC Wargame) a bit much recently and have the early Italian campaign on my mind.

The Camo on the Kubel was brushed(dunkelgelb was sprayed) but needs to be touched and faded and then dull-coated, although I am in need of a new Airbrush(My cheap old Testors I got years ago leaks air bad now) and I am just going to break down and buy a good one from Squadron.
but I am not claiming it to be a 200$ brushstroke job nor would I sell it for it..I'll just post it on ebay and build another better one. I got a stack of new Tamiya VWs I've been buying up for less than 15$ a kit.

Also I can not paint a face in 1/35 with the detail shown in the resin figure I posted...and I don't like the aftermarket faces that show almost cartoonish expressions/emotions..I prefer just doing some skin tints and mininal detail..like the Dragon Cando figures..for some reason a ultra-realistic face creeps me out in a scale figure.
Last edited by Panzer_M on Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:40 am, edited 8 times in total.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:14 am

some of the completed models I paid for:

DML Die Cast Panther G S1 I paid 74$ for this. DML kits vary with the Tiger I being the best and the Efefant being the worst in terms of details. Plus the kits come with photo-etch screens and other little details.

Tamiya Masterwork Pz IV H early I paid 68$ for this, with metal gunbarrel, Friulmodel ATL-04 tracks, marking for the 2.Pz Division, 3.Pz Rgt/II Abt/6.Kompanie/3.Zug..3rd Panzer in Zug.

I consider both to be superior to Brumbar in terms of paintwork and both were well under 200$..even under 100$[/img]
Last edited by Panzer_M on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:47 am

you say your hobby is modeling but I dare to venture its actually something else.

And by the way, Just because I post my auction to the boards here does not give you free reign to gigantic ass and sit back justifying it as me trying to RIP PEOPLE OFF.
You are not riding in here saving everyone from my crafty deceptions and hypnotic modeling ways.
You came here to be a braggart a and a jerk and did a good job of it.

I don't model full time I paint. I paint AN F-LOAD. It 's my career. And you know what? Because its my career and I happen to be pretty flipping good at it, that still doesn't give me the right to troll ebay writing scathing emails to other artists on how they can improve their substandard art (with insults sprinkled in to give me a a forum boner)
What really sad it is doesn't even give me THE URGE to do it. Because you see I am not a pompous ass. I tend to keep myself within the boundaries of what some people define as a modicum amount of humility. Oh yes I could state my age and what qualifies me to go on about myself and about how much other folks just don't live up to my standards but that would be considered somewhat unstable and smack of some serious emotional issues. And if i was to turn my opening comments into an all night dissertation why I kick it so hard while you blow (with pricing research and photos and other AV aids to help me in puffing up my depleted sense of self worth) I would find myself uncomfortable with the complete waste of time and effort that could have better been spent on my career or vaunted hobby than going on about it to people who could care less and I would question my motives if I couldn't complete a paragraph with out throwing a few insults at a complete stranger because I think in my fantasy world that somehow I am the arbitrator of all things nearly 1/35.
In fact, I might be on lithium within a week when I recognized my symptoms in a moment of clarity, which obviously through the many moments it took you to fire off your ill conceived and tragic display of self immolation you had no such moment to use in such a constructive manner for your own well being.

Here's the the skinny my friend.
I don't give 2 ass plops about you your models your knowledge or what you think about me, my pricing or my attempts to customize these AFV's on a BASIC level.
I could go on about my modeling knowledge or react to your assumptions that I don't know what the F I am doing , but I won't because I am not at Armorama talking about Dragon, Tamiya and other makers of 1:35 kits. I am at small scale HQ talking to folks about doing custom tanks.
So I suggest you take your wrath over to Amorama and lay into somebody over there, that is if you have not been banned from the site.
(And if you are who I think you are, but I may be wrong, I think the last time we crossed you were trying to pass off 21st C 1:32 as your 1:35th built work, and they didn't even have a new paint job on them. Until I brought it to everyone's attention. But I doubt you and he are the same as you know who/what Fruilmodel is. Even though the story you relate about your modeling history and inability to show any of your own work beyond a few suspicious and amateurish painted tanks surrounded by 1:35 Dragon CanDo pre painted rubber figures makes me wonder, especially after you went on and on about weathering and such, but your tanks appear to be un-weathered. And you speak of tamiya weathering kits like the were some trade secret and came out last month, but you would know that they have been out for a few years and that MIG is the industry standard for weathering if nt the new Lifecolor kits. Plus your pricing on your tank you bought um.. built. They don't really go along with your theory on pricing do they? I mean, you paid $75 for an unpainted tank? And those treads do not appear to be metal fruilmodel tracks. They look like they were painted by the good folks over at 21st C.... ........Odd)

So I am going to say this, and I do mean it, but I won't have any delusions to my ability to control it or that I can convince the moderator here to apply any punishment or assuage you from your intense need to make sure that I know what a complete jerk you are without ever having to meet you, (and in writing too, that's good!). I don't desire your comment on any of my interacting with this forum, understand? Zero. I don' desire your input, critiques, swagger or belittling attitude when I stop down from y busy life to enjoy my h o b b y. I don't need it and I don't want it and because of that (and I cannot believe I am even writing to you or that this thread is even going on, I mean it your are a true nut case) I asking you politely and telling you in way that you might understand to bugger off and go ply your unwarranted and unprovoked tidal wave of BS somewhere else.

I do hope that our good and strong moderator here sees my comments and understands that I didn't bring this on myself no matter what angle or load of steaming butt sputter your mind can convince you that you are justified in bringing forth into my day.
Bottom line is, I DON'T have to listen to you and I don't have to read your posts, but unfortunately this is a community and I care what these fine folks think of me and I don't care for some of the ways you have gone about "helping me" tonight in this public um....forum.
I will stay off your threads and you can sure as F stay out of mine. And I don't want to hear why you feel that is unfair. I have heard enough and your reasoning and pontifications are laughable if not infuriating

So leave me alone and stop trying to save everyone from my villainous and poisonous toxic posts. I am sue we will all be ok, even if we don't try to force 1:35 after market items onto a 1:32 vehicle. I am sure i will be just fine putting those on my Dragon kits that I do have (and they fit!)

personally I think your sudden and ridiculous posts filled with an intense need to be insulting towards me and my work. All the while building yourself up with what "you think" makes you an expert modeler but is actually common knowledge (in fact a lot of your posts appear to be cut and paste) followed by your weak explanations of your inability to show nothing more than a extremely brief photo set of suspicious origin AFV's and Dragon pre-made/painted rubber 1:35 figures leads me to believe that you coming into this thread was not by chance or because you want to educate everyone on your greatness, I think you are the same sorry fraud I busted over at amorama posting diecast 21s C as your own work. And whats' more I think that all of this is an attempt o get back at me for exposing you for the fraud you are..which is just you picking up where you left off at Amorama , threatening physical violence toward me and others and BS'ing until the moderator came in a told you to "can it" or it was your LAST strike.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:24 am

Panzer_M,

You are trying to compare apples to oranges. 21st Century toys are nowhere near the detail of a Tamiya model kit. However, I feel the paint and detail work on Cabe's Brumbar is far superior and more realistic looking than the factory fresh look on your models bought on E-bay. Don't scare the rest of us into thinking we can't post a custom here because of the fear of getting slammed.
Cabe should be able to charge whatever he thinks his time is worth. If it doesn't sell, well it doesn't sell. The guy is just trying to generate a little cash for his expecting wife. You might want to cut him a little slack.

Mark
Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:57 am

Cabe does excellent paint jobs on is tanks. I just wish I could do the same or just has good. I believe that was very very rude and childish of you panzer m. I see you post on this forum about 1:35 scale models and has stated above we never see any of your work. Also on certain post I see you nick pick about Forces Of Valor,21st, tanks and vehicles always putting them down saying your 1:35 scale world is better.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:28 pm

I don't know if he is the same guy, I don't, but this all smacks of some very familiar behavior as seen here in original encounter and confrontation with him (if it is same guy (his pics have been removed from thread but you can tell by the dialog what being shown)
the first posts are praising him for his work on the battle damage on the action series stug III's side armor, the damage we are all to familiar with, shell strikes etc. until by chance i found the post and was repainting the very same stug at that moment and I provided images of my freshly primed shurzen and tan, it goes downhill from there for him as i notice other thread with tanks from 21st c and FoV
http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op= ... 889&page=1

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 pm

The Pz V and IV are not mine,I told the source in the original posts I made here showing them off when I brought them either on Ebay or Rhino, nor did I the Cando figures. I said I paid for them..I didn't say I built them nor ever claim as such. If you think I ever passed a Toy off as something I am done, now you are a liar.

I got the candos for cheap and to help try to mimic DML's waffen SS camo pattern from something other than photos or color plates, and the same Luftwaffe pattern on thier HG troops, also I picked up a few of their winter combat, to see how they did a snow-suit and weathered it.

although the 250/8 is something I built, sprayed primer and yellow on and got bored with and put in the closet. The heer infantrie are from the DML kit German infantry Ukraine Summer 1943 and I did do those, but never finished them, and they have been moved around a few time.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:17 pm

I caught onto this thread a little late.

Kamikaze said it best. This forum is to have fun with people showing off their projects. There is nobody and i mean nobody that can't have holes kicked in their work, but why do it? This is not some kind of life and death modelling competition. This is for fun and posting pictures of people's projects is something we want to encourage, not discourage. Right?

People are free to post pics and also to do what they want with their work...and if that means charging money for it. Fine. If you don't think it's worth it then i guess the thing to do would be not buy it. There may well be people who do think it is worth it. I see no need to belittle someone's work, just because in your opionion it isn't worth the money they are asking.

So, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. k?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Well said Andrew, I agree completely. If you don't like the price or the work, just shut your pie hole already, and look elsewhere.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

NHoggard12
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NHoggard12 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 pm

Well, one thing is for sure, Cabe; Your custom received a lot of attention. Mine usually only get one post.

P.S. The 1/18 tiger you did was great.

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Wow, I guess I should read these custom posts after looking at the photos once. :shock:

Glad to hear all of you support Cabe. My stuff isn't nearly as good and I am typically hesitant to post anything after viewing Yoxford, PH and the Hun's work. Luckily everyone has been supportive of the ways I ruin otherwise good toys. :wink:

I usually tolerate the guys who attempt to be rivet counters here, but please remember that this is a TOY forum. Save the critiques of the Panther jack handles for the 1/35 modelling boards. :roll:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Cabe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Cabe » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:30 pm

Nope never said you were that same guy or that you were posting toys as your own built models, I just said your demeanor reminded me of a person who did and your photos and lack of examples of your own work were not helping.
That and calling me a liar, it all seems way too familiar.
and now i think you are him, so now you can call me a liar.

You don't like being called things huh? Or accused of being a fraud?
Why does it upset you to be misrepresented or insulted in a forum of your peers? Really. I wonder what that feels like?

Tell you what. I said I didn't want to hear another squawk out of you directed towards me, but I suppose popping by to call me a liar suffices.

So I have few suggestions for you that might help you shake this whole fraud thingy you got going on here, shaking the whole "overwhelming ass" thing might take cosmetic and/or brain surgery but since you decided to push the issue with your "liar" comment let's get down to brass tacks.

Don't you think that when you came in here and ripped my work beyond acceptable levels it would require you to post your own work as an example besides spouting of off lengthy historical notes of your pain staking research into getting your figures just to that right period in time down the their billfolds carrying the correct photos of loved ones back home?

Did you think that spouting off well known book titles, after market part companies and other common knowledge would qualify you as someone dumping a veritable brainstorm of "trade secrets of the master modeler"?

Having the ability to post links to other's work to prove your point that 1:35 scale master modelers exist and whoop on me with their accuracy and use of much more detailed kits and products to further that detail makes up for your lack of examples? at all?

And I am not totally aware of Missing Lynx stance on their images being directly linked for your use, but most sites are not to fond of it due to it eating their bandwidth. Not that they mind your use of their images for your research paper on how kick arse your mad skillz are that they cannot be photographed. But that's a petty observation to go on about when there are much more glaring and suspicious issues at hand here.

So I ask you to do me a few things since I put my work out here and you got all your douche phlegm all over my evening the other night...
put up or shut up
I don't want to see any more
"well um I bought this one built by another guy on ebay and them i got bored with it and them um i put it in my closet and I didn't paint that one and no i never said that I just insinuated it and showed it as my work and the I um I decided to paint it as 1943 version, but I was waiting on a company to come out with the correct license plates in photo etch..."
Blah blah blah blah can it.

You said this
I'm 27, been doing military stuff(planes and armour, now just ground and WWII) since I was 16, took a break at 22-25 to go into auto-racing, gave that up sold the cars, and now I am back into a cheaper safer hobby with WWII History.
Ok let's SEE it,
your 27 and I am 39 and you have been modeling since you were 16 and that would make body of work that should equal lemme see i am such an idiot....umm eleven years of work minus the uh years you took off to RACE CARS...right?
(man eleven years of modeling, that just blows my cerebellum off the back of my head trying to balance the whole Car Racing Vs. Expert Modeler careers)

So let's see 10 examples of your work. I don't give 2 squats if they are not your best or even if they are were sold or you gave em away. Most folks photograph their models and you would at the very least have snapped a few shots over the last few years.
I would expect that after 11 years (minus the vroom vroom) you would have built a pretty big display of your work right? I will put up my body of work that includes what I have done since I got started about 3/4 OF A YEAR AGO. I had designs on car racing but I went up to the track and I found out you can't just fill out an application, you have to have money and sponsors and well you know your a race car driver!
Now this is not a contest to see who is a better modeler, it is a test to see if your boasting arrogant head can procure us just 10 photos of your work (and I do prefer completed) to prove that you MODEL AT ALL.

Ok got it? my 3/4 of year (might be a year by now) vs. your self described 11 years of intensive well thought out and masterful modeling knowledge hard at work on display to wow us all.
Think of it like you came into this thread just the same, except you provided your own work to back up your mouth
That will be easy right?

Ok, I expect to see some wonderful models all weathered up by that little makeup kit by tamiya
and oh yes,
i keep referring to your racing career.
If you don't mind can we get more than 5 shots of you in a car...a race car... that's not moving....on a race track... with you in racing gear. Not you grinning in a car inside a local BMW dealership with flip flops and a mullet....
mm k?

Thanks man if you could do that, that would be super.

oh and I will get my examples all up on photobucket and properly sorted so i don't miss any. You know I have all this stuff to sort, but hell why am i crying you have almost 8 years to sort through. And your closet must be stuffed!

Signed,
The presumed "Liar"