NEW ETO WINTER DIO CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to tweak toys and models? Add features and small details? This forum is for you!
1958Zelda
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by 1958Zelda » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:44 am

Zelda, dude! that third picture from the top (sherman) is really awesome!
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Well guys everybody did a great job, sweet lookin dios by all.
RED must be a little bummed only five of us posted, oh well I had a lot of fun making the dio and taking all those pics, and to me that is worth it.
And after I finished my dio we got hammered by snow :lol:
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:56 pm

Yeah, thanks to RED for hosting this contest. I've been wanting to play with the comic book software for some time. This gave the perfect excuse to play around with it. Unfortunately, even with the couple months RED gave, I still ran out of time (like I'm sure everyone did).

For whatever contest comes next, I say give people two weeks - they'll just wait to the end anyways. :wink:
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:09 pm

Morian Miner wrote:Yeah, thanks to RED for hosting this contest. I've been wanting to play with the comic book software for some time. This gave the perfect excuse to play around with it. Unfortunately, even with the couple months RED gave, I still ran out of time (like I'm sure everyone did).

For whatever contest comes next, I say give people two weeks - they'll just wait to the end anyways. :wink:
Ain't it the truth! We all seem to wait to the last minute...

Morian, pm on that comic book software - name and where you got it.
That really looked cool how you did that!

Red- thanks for hosting - it was really fun!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:45 am

These are awesome guys! :D

RED
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RED » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey yall!!! I just have to say Thank you to yall that posted a storyline dio!!!! It was really hard to pick a winner cause all yall did such a fine job!!!I also loved the storys that went with each dio---nice work guys!!! So I have picked the one I like the best and the winner MEDIUMP!!!! Again THANK YALL for entering this contest!!!---RED---
[size=150][/size]"Take your time.Stay away from the easy going.Never go the same way twice."---GySgt Charles C. Arndt on patrolling on Guadalcanal,1942[color=#BF0000][/color]

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:42 pm

Great dio's guys! Congrats to the winner! :D
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Really nice dios guys 8) Even though i was unable to do a dio just wanted to say a big thank you to red for making this contest possible :)
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

Dio contest

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Congrats, Phil and D. You guys went all out on your set. It had lots of depth. I loved the way you guys finessed the foxhole. We need to implement it into the full length movie. The fact that you guys researched the battle was great. The Elmer dio was really cool too because it was about a real person's experience. The comic book style dio was awesome too. Zelda, I wish I had enough loot to hire you to paint all my figures for the movie. I model my work after what I have seen you do. I have had some success with my Africa corps figures. Capturing the flat dusted technique was a challenge but fun. Your Panther with zimmeret was unbelievable. Also the Sherman with the white stripes was inspiring. Even your building was well done. Overall it is good to see people getting involved. What's the next contest gonna be? I want to enter one next time. Me and mediumP and his bro are preparing to step to filming the Afrika Corps versus the Big Red one movie in spring/summer. I want to reveal some of the characters for that piece of the series. I hope everyone is still as excited to see this come to fruition as I am. Sound off with input and ideas you might have for this upcoming series. I would love to incorporate your guys' ideas into this effort. Over and out.

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Woo Hooo Thanks a lot guys, and thanks RED. I had tons of fun doing this one, and as Hideous One just said its time to do some filming. This project has inspired both of us to do more, and maybe even finish some of those old projects of mine :lol:
again Thanks everyone I think we all did really good on this one, I only wish more would have joined in the fun.
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

1958Zelda
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by 1958Zelda » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:55 am

Congrats MEDIUMP! and thanks RED for sonsoring again,thanks to every one who entered,I too will sonsor a contest soon,2 pictures anything go's,dinosaurs,time travel,photo shop , as long as it includes military theme,any time,any place,any scale,up to 1/16. HIDEOUS ONE,thanks,will be glad to help you guys in any way,looking forward to seeing your movie,tanks Ken.