21st Century Toys 1:32 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:56 pm

tko211 Is there any way to ask if there may be a set of screw plugs for the avenger in the future at some time?Even if I had to pay a fair fee for them I would(don't know about other peeps though)I am all fingers at modding stuff etc so I would prefer to just Shove a plug in the hole!Thanks for any help you can give.
Could not think of anything to put here.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:12 pm

I am also crossing my fingers for a screw plug solution to the Atlantic Avenger. It might be that we will have to pay a small fee to them mailed out to us but frankly, I would be ok with that provided that it wasn't too much to pay. Anyway to directly answer the question... Yes I am looking into it and I am still waiting to see what the powers that be have to say on the subject. Sorry that is all the info I have at the moment but I will keep at it!

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:37 pm

tko211 wrote:a B model in 07 or 08. It just makes good sense! I know I want one!!!!!
Yes, yes, yes. And I suppose, the first series will be an American "B", but the second or third... a Mustang Mk. III from one of the Polish squadrons (they were beautiful!), am I right*?

Wieslaw

________
* Yes, I am!
For our freedom and yours

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:51 pm

A B model Mustang in Pol markings would have to be one of the schemes! You bet!

Wieslaw
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Wieslaw » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:05 pm

Tko, thanks for your (and whole 21st CT's) kindness!!! And now, if the Polish Mustang is done ( :wink: ), hm..., there were Polish Spitfires and Hurricanes, too. Maybe, some day...

Wieslaw
For our freedom and yours

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:53 am

Is there a contact point with 21st Century in regards to obtaining parts for the new 21st 32x Corsairs? The canopies, being extremely loose, fall right off. Since they do this, my son managed to have his fall off and then he promptly stepped on it, reducing it to bits. I guess a phone number or email address would work...

TJ
Last edited by krieglok on Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 pm

viewtopic.php?t=5402

Heres a link to the info. Good luck, I've never had a response from 21st over problems I've had both when I've called or written.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:14 pm

I called the number listed and left a voice mail. They returned my call a couple hours later and explained the parts would not be available for about 30 days. They told me to call in a month and they said they would have the parts. It sounds promising...

TJ

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:45 pm

yep no more P-51's for me unless its a B.

With the N Korea thing, I'll be waiting for a while to see these anywhere. S2 or S3 maybe.

DH

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:57 am

Bring on the B model Mustangs in 1/18th! That would be very nice because I already have seen enough and have enough D model Stangs. I should say that the only D model Mustangs I want are the Victory Stang, BBD with opening ammo bays and maybe an all NMF Old Crow, which I would love for 21st to do.

But thats just me.

:wink:
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:51 pm

I could really do for some planes in RAF/Polish livery. And, I have begginf for a B model stang for awhile. Don Gentile's mount would be a most do companion to go with his P-47.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:47 pm

Tko, any chance that 21C will ever put out 1/32 set of figures that are just 'sitting'-to put on tanks, in halftracks, etc. Or a set of infantry soldiers walking, running, etc. The sets that came out before are all battle ready poses. They'd beat FOV to the punch as they don't produce those kinds of figures either.

ltcbj
Officer - Brigadier General

Pz III-L

Post by ltcbj » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:28 am

Hi: I have been a big fan of 21stC for several years, since the first Tigers appeared in TrU, in fact. Thank you for the increase in your line and I only wish that Wal Mart had better distribution. That said, I have a problem....

I recently bought the last 1/32 PzIII-L in stock at my local Wal Mart (Morehead City, North Carolina) and when I opened the package I found that one of the road wheels on the starboard side is mis-cast/out of alignment and really looks very bad. I can email you a photo if you like. In any event is there anything I can do about this? Or more to the point; YOU can do about it? as it is/was obviously manufactured in this slightly crippled fashion.

I also cannot get the 21stC site to download.???
Thank you....
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

hworth18

Re: Pz III-L

Post by hworth18 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:03 am

ltcbj wrote:Hi: I have been a big fan of 21stC for several years, since the first Tigers appeared in TrU, in fact. Thank you for the increase in your line and I only wish that Wal Mart had better distribution. That said, I have a problem....

I recently bought the last 1/32 PzIII-L in stock at my local Wal Mart (Morehead City, North Carolina) and when I opened the package I found that one of the road wheels on the starboard side is mis-cast/out of alignment and really looks very bad. I can email you a photo if you like. In any event is there anything I can do about this? Or more to the point; YOU can do about it? as it is/was obviously manufactured in this slightly crippled fashion.

I also cannot get the 21stC site to download.???
Thank you....
Hey Itcbj,
You could always take it back to Walmart and exchange it if you don't get a response from 21st..
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

ltcbj

Post by ltcbj » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:50 am

Yeah, but it was the only one they had, I really like the PzIII and I'm hoping 21stC will come through. I am an optimist or what?
"The only constant is change. Often short change. Learn to accept.": Noah Vaile www.dinosaur-toys-collectors-guide.com
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/photbug/image6.jpg[/img]
On your mark! Get set! Lunch....
Want your own website? PM me!

wmosner
Private First Class
Private First Class

1:48 aircraft

Post by wmosner » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:39 am

Just got the Me 109G-10 in 1:48 scale and am quite happy with the detail. However, swastika is shown on the tail in photos on box and on website but not on actual model. Is there a reason for this?

Any news or pictures of future 1:48 aircraft releases?

Thanks,

Bill

tmanthegreat

Re: 1:48 aircraft

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:31 pm

wmosner wrote:Just got the Me 109G-10 in 1:48 scale and am quite happy with the detail. However, swastika is shown on the tail in photos on box and on website but not on actual model. Is there a reason for this?

Any news or pictures of future 1:48 aircraft releases?

Thanks,

Bill
21c does not include the swastika on their German products, and they have not done this since the beginning. On the first two 1:18 German planes (ME-109e and Stuka) for example they included a black diamond and an X where the swastika would be on the tail. However on subsequent German aircraft, the tail was left blank. The omission was done for political/moral reasons as mass retailers such as Toys R Us and now Wal Mart would not want a shelf full of aircraft with swastikas as it would most certainly be taken the wrong way! TRU even went so far as canceling its contract with 21c because 21c made German vehicles, which is now why 21c is at Wal Mart. Many of the German planes sold at small retailers come with extra decals and there are plenty of swastika decals sold in aftermarket kits so that you can make your planes historicaly accurate 8)

Check the Area21 site for news on new 1:48 planes. There is going to be a P-40 in an "Aleutian Tiger" scheme.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:39 pm

Are 21st going to make a late mark of Spitfire ie a MK XIV bubble top ?
Witch i think would sell Very well :D

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:06 pm

a spitfire in 1:32 HAS to be on the plans of things to do. I would be shocked if one wasn't already in the works somewhere over there. Aside from that statement I can't give you anything concrete. I am also a little in the dark on the majority of the 2007 products for the moment. Though I have been told more news is on the way.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:55 am

FOV has a nice Spit in 1:32

wmosner
Private First Class
Private First Class

1:48

Post by wmosner » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:55 am

anything new on the 1:48 aircraft models?

rose4472g
Corporal
Corporal

Post by rose4472g » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:59 pm

FOV's spit has a problem with rivetitis. It is covered in large (by scale) rivets, ugh! The Mustang is as bad.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Late Breaking News on the 21st Web site!!!!!!!!!! They are now producing 1/32nd scale airplane models kits, unsealed and untaped.

Oops, did our forum scoop this news months earlier than 21st too? :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:35 pm

The boxes for the new 21c model kits even have an Area21 advertisement. Still, I'm trying to get the point of the 21c unpainted kits... They kind of defeat the purpose of why I buy 21c products, with their nice, professional paintschemes in the first place :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:11 am

tmanthegreat wrote:The boxes for the new 21c model kits even have an Area21 advertisement. Still, I'm trying to get the point of the 21c unpainted kits... They kind of defeat the purpose of why I buy 21c products, with their nice, professional paintschemes in the first place :wink:
Exactly my point! Why all the effort when you can get it already done and all you need to do is modify!