21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:52 am

P-51, I have never seen these on ebay or heard of anyone finding these
so am surprised when you said you did. Did anyone else find these?
I must have missed that thread completely :cry:

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:22 am

Was P-51 kidding? I've never seen a snitch of the Sahara vehicles except for the D and G figs. Please tell.

digger

no

Post by digger » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:27 am

P had given that recon before and although I trust him like a brother I don't quite believe him on this one. I've never even sniffed a 1:18 Sahara vehicle...
However, outside the Patton it is really no loss. If you want a Huey with lousy paint scheme you can pick up the CIA version easy....
So long as we get the M48 with Platoon (or sooner?) I will be happy. I figure the Jeep will materialize eventually too in some form or another.

If these were released I stand corrected. :oops:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:51 am

I've seen the Sahara figures at several stores in my area now - which includes the largest Wal Mart store in California. I've never seen anything else relating to the film, save for one 1:6 scale jeep and that was over three months ago. Kind of hard to believe...

But then again, I found the new Stuka and Corsair repaints, which no one else has reported thus far...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:07 pm

TKO: is 21c going to be at Toy Fair 2006 in New York in a couple of weeks?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:03 am

Yes, 21st Century Toys will be at ToyFair next week. I was on a vacation all last week and when I got back into town and checked the mail I had found my plane ticket and hotel room for AREA-21 to join them! So it looks like more coverage from AREA-21 this year!

In fact we will have early access to the 21st booth this year so our plans are to release the first pictures an hour before the show even opens! We just gotta find ourselves a good internet connection for our laptops! :lol:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:05 am

Sahara vehicles.... I don't know what ever happened to these guys. I can confirm that the 2 figures in disguise made it out on single blister cards, and that the 1:6 jeep made it out but I thought that was it!
I gotta check with P-51 to see if he did indeed see some vehicles released in his area... that would be cool!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:17 pm

P51 and tko, Do you know what happened with the M3A3 Halftrack and the Dodge WC51 that makes it SO difficult to put a driver in the front seat and riders in the back? I will admit that the figure that came with the Halftrack will fit behind the steering wheel, but the BOB figures can't sit in the front seat nor in the back. Same with the Dodge. :cry:

digger

plastic

Post by digger » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:50 pm

Plastic does not "smush" into cramped spaces like people and clothes so to have accurately scaled figures they are not going to fit in places real soldiers would. This is the main problem with getting bulky BoB guys to sit in the back of the halftrack - and also the fact that no XD figures knees bend past 90 degrees, which is how people sit on low seats.

The first series vehicles had mini-drivers but many complained they weren't to scale. Now they're handy as hell. :wink:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:25 pm

The design of the BOB figures to not fit in vehicles was planned from the start. I aksed 21st about this... they said of course they can't fit in the vehicles! They all need to walk to keep circulation up in the cold of winter! Besides any historian will tell you the BOB took place in the forrest in fox holes for much of the winter.

The last thing 21st wanted was a bunch of returns of defective soldiers pouring in with the same problem.... frostbite! :lol:

Kidding!!! Digger is actually correct with the whole plastic clothes versus real clothes thing!!! And before anyone here even suggests it!!!! NO I DNO'T THINK WE SHOULD DO UNDERSACLED MUNCHKINS FOR PURPOSES OF FITTING THEM EASIER IN VEHICLES! Smash them in if you have to I say! I make my pilots do it all the time in the mess 109's! 8)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:32 pm

No. No more midget pilots & drivers :)

Overall, 21c Figures of all types fit in well with the vehicles. I've gotten US & German tankers to fit in the Panther & Sherman, which were designed way before those figures (they also fit nicely within the interiors of the Tiger, M-41 and Halftracks). The MB Driver figures also fit well within the Dodge WC-51, save that you remove the lower portion of the legs. I'm not displeased with the figures at all.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:29 am

:lol: Thanks for the info tko and digger! At least the first Dodge Weapons Carrier with the canvas top can sit the figures in the front seats with just a little work and even in the back.
Hey, I just thought of something else as I'm looking outside to the snow storm we're now getting in Cleveland...and I never thought of this before, BUTT...maybe the reason they won't sit well is...you ever sit down on a car seat after it's been parked outside in the cold all night or day...OUCHIE MOMMA!!!!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:04 am

tmanthegreat wrote:No. No more midget pilots & drivers :)

Overall, 21c Figures of all types fit in well with the vehicles. I've gotten US & German tankers to fit in the Panther & Sherman, which were designed way before those figures (they also fit nicely within the interiors of the Tiger, M-41 and Halftracks). The MB Driver figures also fit well within the Dodge WC-51, save that you remove the lower portion of the legs. I'm not displeased with the figures at all.
Wow, so you can actually SIT your BOB's in the Halftrack-front and back-hats off toyou, man, cause I can't, well, unless you want their butts sticking up in the air about a quarter of an inch. No, I'm not gonna take their legs off to fit either. Just disappointed that you can't have an 1:18 vehicle where the figures can actually sit...

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:11 pm

Well, I took the lower part of the legs off - they removed easily and the stumps are hidden under the dash. It was a tight squeze getting the legless BoB MB Driver behind the steering wheel, but they look good nonetheless.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

s

Post by eddie372 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:17 am

Oh, wait a minute T-man, "no more midgets...." you say, yet you turn around and mutilate your little men?? Heartless :wink:
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

tmanthegreat

Re: s

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:37 am

eddie372 wrote:Oh, wait a minute T-man, "no more midgets...." you say, yet you turn around and mutilate your little men?? Heartless :wink:
I didn't really mutilate them... the legs pop right back on :)

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:51 pm

Hey P51 you can come to my house and upload the pics :lol: I will see you sunday morning at the show I hope.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:42 pm

*scratches head* What exactly did I say about photos uploading somewhere? :?:

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:59 pm

My Bad in the toy fair excitment I meant tko211 :roll:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:54 pm

I totally appreciate the offer luftpanzer, 21st ended up getting a connection in the booth for me so I am good! But hey if you are in the show and have a chance feel free to come by and introduce yourself. I am them Sunday and Monday then I have to fly back for some business.

Coverage starts Sunday!

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:03 am

Im registered for the snow, I mean Show, but i might be snowed in on Sunday. Then its back to work on Monday. But I look forward to seeing your photos.

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:04 pm

tko ~ I know coverage of Toy Fair starts Sunday Feb. 12th, but I was wondering if you have any inside info has to whether 21st Century will be showing any new 1:18 armor, figures, or Platoon items at the show?

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:44 am

I will be supprised if any one shows up for toyfair today. :lol:

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:32 am

Well its Sunday 11:30 AM and still no pics from the toyfair. I bet tko211 is sitting in the hotel room cursing the snowstorm as I type this. I sure as hell am, this is my only day to go unless I call out sick this week. :cry:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:50 pm

The snow was sooo crazy! Yeah, getting out to Toy Fair was tough but getting back was tougher! This snow really made for a major delay in coverage today. But we finally made it there and back.