21st Century Toys 1:18 Information Q&A (Area-21 Pres)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:44 pm

for shin:

Well I have handled an early prototype for the F-86 several months ago. _Yes the project is that far along! Anyway. It was very cool. As far a features goes... I am afraid that is one topic I have been told to not devulge at this point in time. Although being that both F-86 projects are almost complete I suspect you will begin to hear more detail. All I can say is that if you only have room for one Saber you may want to hang tight for more details from 21st... They are coming I am sure.

As for price? Yeah I am pretty sure you guys could plan on regular price point for the standard 1:18 scale aircraft box. (which the F-104 fits into and the F-86 will fit as well). -Agreed that 40.00 bucks for an F-104 at Wal-mart is a huge value

You are also correct that the ground crew are reserved for Legends series for the moment. So unless they do a Legends saber I doubt you will see ground crew.

As for other Modern Jets... I know 21st considers anything with wings! The future is always unwritten.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm

for hworth-

I will try to make a similar sticky on the small scale for you! Look for it soon.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:54 pm

For Rogo-

21st is always looking for ways to improve the dist. with Wal-Mart. The only catch is that Wal-Mart is a bit like a 800lb. Gorilla.... (anyone now how the rest of it goes?) ....They sit where ever they want to.

In short, things are looking to improve but I think Wal-Mart decides where and how to display product. My local stores seem to think that they go well with Garden tools? There is another store that thought some how people shoping for seasonal christmas yard decorations might also consider adding some R/C tanks this year! :wink: Yet another seems to have finally got the idea! a whole 2' section from top to bottom is decked out in 21st!

Makes me laugh!

As for the P-51D's... I know they are very close! I think it's goning to be a close race between the two!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:56 pm

for SGT.

I would also like Britts! I don't know if 21st has any plans yet to make them. I am sure they have been considered and perhaps we will see some. But no news on that for now.

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:37 pm

I hate to be a pest, but today is Friday. Where are the pics of the new BoB Germans at? Here on the east coast it is only a mere 3 1/2 hours til Friday slips away and still no pics. LOL :lol:

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:06 pm

Hey TKO211, I asked this on another thread but thought I'd ask the question here since it is probably more appropriate; Is 21st going to do something about the 1/6 A1 Tank issues people are having? Would like to pick one up but waiting to see what their solution is going to be (if they are working one)

Thanks,
Andy

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:41 pm

Hey TKO

Thanks for starting this thread - its been quite informative :D I've been holding back, however, but here goes...

Any further word on the developemnt (as well as possible release time-frames) of the 32x Macchi 202 and Zero aircraft?

Also, any further word on when to expect the TBM Avenger, what paint schemes of it will be released first, and etc?

(With all the talk about F-86s, retooled P-51s, new figures and future projects, I'm hoping 21c is still keeping their focus on giving us a timely delivery on this long awaited aircraft :wink: )

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:33 pm

TKO:

Can we assume you will cover larger scale questions also?

I second the question, is anything happening about the 1/9 Abrams problems.

I have been heard Rolling Thunder Tech (a 1/6 etailer for those that never heard of him) has been asked to look into a solution for this problem. Is this fact or rumor?

Looking forward to seeing you at '06 Toy Fair.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:40 am

Guys-

Sorry Holidays have things kinda crazy around here. I think I have been to 5 christmas parties in the last 48 hours.

Anyway

1. Spidey- Sorry bro, pics of the remaining BOB assortment are now up on AREA-21 check them out! I love the cuff band on the german figure!

2. R/C tank problems? I know there has been talk of that on this board but to be honest I really haven't followed it. 21st has not mentioned anything to me, but I also havn't asked - Sorry I don't think I am going to be much help on this one... Sorry

3. Macchi 202 and Zero for 1/32... They are pretty much finished up. From what I understand you guys should start seeing them in stores any day.

4. Avenger... Ah the mighty Avenger. I do know that the box is being printed right now. My experience with learning a little bit here is that if the Box is being printed we are pretty much on the very last step of the production cycle... I think we should start seeing Flight 19 very soon. I don't have any solid intel other than that but for sure we are close to having them in our collections. If I had to bet I would say late Jan? Let me see what I can dig up?

digger

Post by digger » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:20 am

tko211 wrote:1. Spidey- Sorry bro, pics of the remaining BOB assortment are now up on AREA-21 check them out! I love the cuff band on the german figure!
Cool. We finally get that German tanker headset removable 8)
I like German AA machine gunner, and Cpl. Sutherland with the M1..tell Roy good choice of weapon. :P
tko211 wrote:2. R/C tank problems? I know there has been talk of that on this board but to be honest I really haven't followed it. 21st has not mentioned anything to me, but I also havn't asked - Sorry I don't think I am going to be much help on this one... Sorry
Don't worry, most of us have little sympathy for the large scale guys who have it all....at this point with the Abrams I think it is caveat emptor... :roll:

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:53 am

Any idea when we will see these new figures on shelves? Any idea why the Germans don't have extra heads? Any info on the case breakdown?

When do we get to see pictures of the Operation Market Garden figures? How many figures in this release? Will it include Germans?

Any plans from 21st Century to do squad packs? An assortment of say 5 figures, 1 officer, 1 machine gunner, 1 heavy weapon, and 2 rifleman.

Sorry for all the questions, but like I said figures is my main area of collecting.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:53 am

Digger:

"Caveat emptor". "Little sympathy for large scale guys who have it all?"

Wow, and double Wow.

I'd agree on the "Caveat emptor", except we are talking about a 21C product. This did start out as a 21C board. We're not talking about a FOA 1/6 German half-track big time screw up, we are talking about a problem like the P-51 series 1 or the other landing gear problems with 21C planes.

I have no answer for the "large scale guys who have it all" comment. I consider myself a "large scale" guy and a 1/18 scale guy, and I personally do not "have it all".

If you meant the selection of products, sure we do have a larger market for tanks, trucks, jeeps, artillery, motorcycles and figures of all kinds out the kazooo. I'm not sorry, large scale guys have a huge selection, as a matter of fact, we have almost the same variety in 1/6 that you 1/18 guys would like to have and don't, yet.

All I can say to you Digger, is Merry Christmas and many new 1/18 items for the coming year. :)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:35 pm

Tko,

We know the majority of 21st products for airplanes consist of mainly prop warbirds, with few jets(F-104 and the upcoming sabre and MIG-15).

Will the number of warbirds planned for next year still outnumber jets? Or will there be more jets to balance out the number of props? More jets is a GOOD thing! I hope we get a modern jet or too out of 21st, and especially some old school vietnam era planes!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:51 pm

Hey TKO,

On Bad Cats website they say that the 21st new tool Mustangs will avalible in January and the first releases will be "Ridge Runner" and "Petie The 2nd" are these still goin to be released in Jan or will they be delayed? I ask this because I want to be prepared.

Thanks
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

digger

Just kidding...

Post by digger » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:25 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Digger:

"Caveat emptor". "Little sympathy for large scale guys who have it all?"

Wow, and double Wow....
I have no answer for the "large scale guys who have it all" comment. I consider myself a "large scale" guy and a 1/18 scale guy, and I personally do not "have it all"....
TTT

:oops: Sorry - I was just pushing buttons :P
When I say have it all I just mean so much variety, so many figures...I know we all are long suffering. :wink:
Although I hate to think the lousy 1/9 Abrams is our problem b/c we are fans of 21st :? It shouldn't bankrupt them and we have our own issues in 1:18. :P

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:50 am

Hey tko211:

Any news on when we can expect to be able to buy the clear plastic plane display stands?

Thanks.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:50 am

-figures-

I do have pics of the operation market garden figures in my possession. They are similar to the new BOB assortment in that they are re-treads of the classic US Paras that we all know and love! These look pretty darn cool in the new paint! You will see them soon. I am just awaiting a green light. -Release date of these new assortments is not far off. Lately 21st has been holding back images of finished product till it is closer to release. I will try to learn more. My main contact is in China right now so I am waiting to confirm more info.

- focus on prop planes vs. jets. I think you will always see a major focus on prop planes, WWII to be more specific. That is not to say there won't be more Jets but I think everyone can count on seeing WWII planes on a regular basis.

-P51's in Jan... My intel from 21st confirms that Late Jan is a realisitc availability date.
S1, S2, and S3 will ship without the gunbays. (this was a decision that was made to offer 2 types of wings throughout the span of the mustang series so that fans can have both versions.) 2 wings were tooled so they thought it would be best to use both. S4, S5, will have gun bays. I will post the paint master for Petie 2nd later this week as I am told I will have one to release.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:51 am

-clear display stands-

Good question! I forgot about them! let me see what I find out.

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jhogan » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:17 am

All I wanted for Christmas was an Avenger. All I want for Easter is an Avenger. All I want for the 4th of July is an Avenger. All I want for Christmas 2006 is an Avenger. TKO, please tell me I won't have to wait till next Christmas.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:51 pm

If you live in an area that gets snow. My intel says there will still be snow on the gound when the Avenger is out. I am placing my bet on early Feb. As soon as my main conctact is back from China I will ask what the status is.

-TKO

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:02 pm

So close I can almost taste it!

Thanks.

Folkwulfe
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Taste?

Post by Folkwulfe » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:46 pm

Are they eatable? I didn't get the email! Who forgot to send me the email?
US Army MP Corps combat veteran Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:11 pm

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you live in an area that gets snow. My intel says there will still be snow on the gound when the Avenger is out. I am placing my bet on early Feb. As soon as my main conctact is back from China I will ask what the status is.

Where is the Avenger. I have snow but no avenger. Duh

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:31 pm

late feb is my estimate. Don't let the snow comment confuse you too much :lol:

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:19 pm

So its a safe bet to say spring I suppose, that way noone gets their hopes too high up. I assume we will see it in febuary but just think spring for now just in case.

tko, will the retooled S1-5 mustangs still be in the 40$ price range? How about the avenger? i saw a comparison with a luftwaffe bird, and that sucker is HUGE! If that is also 40$ it would be awesome.

And what of helicopters, will the cobra see a repaint? Or any other helicopters?
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle