Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:04 pm

The F-15 is not entirely out of the question since it's wingspan is not as wide as an A-10. Going from memory it doesn't seem any larger than the F-18-which has already been made. The F-15 had a long service life with numerous repaint possibilties. I would sure enjoy an F-100 or Me 262 also though.
Todd

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:42 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote: The B-25 while large would be a great surprise and probably do well. My bet is on the 262 it seems overdue.
A B-25 would be awesome, but if the A-10 is too large, I think the B-25 would be too. Sadly the fuselage length is only a foot or less shorter in length than an A-10's and the wing span is ten feet longer than the A-10's. Of course you never know.....

Now the Me 262....I believe that's a contender for sure... :D

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:48 am

Jason - I'm REALLY looking forward to the F-86, I think it will take the 'favored' spot in my collection! I'm hoping to pick up one of the unpainted versions, but it will be very tough, if even possible, to reproduce and accurately apply all the stenciling and painted details. Would Admiral please consider releasing a "factory fresh" version, of the F-86 as well as future models, that has the national insignia and stenciling applied, but no specific A/C or individual markings? This would allow individuals to display the model as is - a "generic" version - or create their own custom version.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:51 am

aferguson wrote:Jason wrote:
"F-4, F-14, F-15, F-100, ME 262, ME109, B-17, B-25, B-29, A6M2, A6M5, NOT A-10 "
All I know is, the Admiral "1:18 Squadron" logo features a B-17 front and center... :shock:

mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mkxiv » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:32 pm

F-4, F-14, F-15, F-100, ME 262

Well I think its safe to say that these are most likely. Like it has been said, I doubt they would do a 262 with 21st possibly doing one. I wonder if they mean F-4 phantom or F4F Wildcat? As for myself please let it be a Tomcat complete with Maverick and Goose figure!!! :D Well we shall no soon...

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:10 pm

I would put my money on the F-100. Not because I like it the most but because it would seem to be the easiest of the bunch and not as large as the F-4. F-14 and F-15 and 21st has already mentioned their making the 262 (we'll see). On-line betting anyone? :wink:

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:23 am

F-100 is a nice plane. We've got one at the museum. And you're right about the size CW4USARMY. It would look awesome next to the F-104!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:43 am

Jason,
Will the pre-order for the unpainted version of the F-86 be available at the same time as the production version? Can they be ordered/processed together? Thanks

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:24 pm

p51 wrote:F-100 is a nice plane. We've got one at the museum. And you're right about the size CW4USARMY. It would look awesome next to the F-104!
For those of you with the the Matchbox 1:72 F-100s and F-104s, you can get a size comparison. They are not much different in length, though the fuselage of the F-100 is "fatter" and the wingspan wider. One done in some sort of silver 1950s USAF scheme or a Viet Nam scheme would look cool!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:39 pm

I whole heartedly agree on the F-100....it would look awesome in either scheme. Especially in 1/18 scale.....:D

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:45 am

Jason - I forget if this has been addressed before, but with the pre-orders now starting, does it make any significant impact on Admiral if we order from dealers, or directly from the company? Will ordering through dealers create more interest for your company? Or could their sometimes lower pricing make Admiral cut back on production? Or would you just be happy if buyers just bought? :lol:

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:29 pm

aferguson wrote:Jason wrote:

I am in a good mood so I thought I would tell you what our next release will be. I promise that the next release is in the list below. Which one? You will find out in a couple of weeks.

F-4, F-14, F-15, F-100, ME 262, ME109, B-17, B-25, B-29, A6M2, A6M5, NOT A-10

Thank you for your time,

Jason"
We should be getting close to announcement time shouldn't we?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:42 pm

Isn't it going to be a Zero? We already saw pictures of the prototype and it had the folding wings that everybody wants:

viewtopic.php?t=3092&start=0

...or is this a third release?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:35 am

Jason wrote:

"Let me begin by saying thank you for all the interest in our products that has been generated from this board. A large number of individuals who have contacted our company with interest in our lines were made aware of Admiral Toys Incorporated through this website. You are definitely setting a new standard for collector-forums on the web.

Unfortunately, at this time, I am unable to notify you of the next release we are preparing. We have been put behind because of the New Year and will not release this information until tooling is completed. I hope you understand. The challenge of making it to market with an aircraft that has not been produced or can be produced in a shorter time by the competition is of great concern for our new company. I cannot release this information until we are confident of a release date. We do not want another A6M2 situation on our hands.

However, I can say again that the model is on that list; however, we will not be releasing a model that we know or think the competition has plans on releasing. Also, to answer all the emails we have received through customer service; it is not the F-4 Phantom.

Flayrah and others who may be interested in the unpainted version of the F-86, we will have those aircraft available for preorder at a later time. They were not completed before the shipping deadline from China. Look on our website next week for information regarding preordering the unpainted version of the F-86E. Unfortunately, or fortunately(?) the pilot will not be included with the unpainted version. We will consider in the next few weeks on whether to make the pilot separately available for purchase.

Also for Flayrah, thank you for your considerate question regarding sales through retailers or directly from Admiral Toys. The bottom line is that we want to sell models. Purchasing from us does allow us to increase our profit margin and this does have a direct affect on the “frequency” of releases and new products. But our retailers are just as important in affording us the opportunity to expand and develop new products. The retailers are very important to our success and spend a lot of time and money directly and indirectly assisting Admiral Toys through advertising and sales to peoples that may not find our products had it not been for the retailers store or site. Therefore I would recommend that you buy from whoever you may choose. People purchasing our products will positively affect the growth of this hobby regardless of where it is purchased.

I am excited to announce that the F-86E will be available for preorder from Admiral Toys later today or tomorrow, depending on when this information is posted on your website.

Thank you again for your time.

Jason"
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:50 am

"F-4, F-14, F-15, F-100, ME 262, ME109, B-17, B-25, B-29, A6M2, A6M5"

Well, let's see....

Jason said it's not an F-4 (assuming this isn't disinformation), he said it won't be something that has already been produced/they think the competition is producing. So, we can cross the A6M5 off the list because that is 21c's potential version of the Zero, pllus it's really just a subtle shade of grey different from the Zero that Admiral has already said they are coming out with, so i'm betting it's not that. The Me 109E/G have been made, Admiral must be aware that 21c is planning an Me 262, so that's crossed off too..

That leaves: F-14, F-15, F-100, B-17, B-25, B-29

An impressive short list. Given that they are a new company i will hunch that they are not going to do anything overly risky/expensive/grand at this early stage.....so.......i'm going to guess F-100.

And no, i don't have any inside information, not in the slightest. ;)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:27 am

I think its either the F-14 or F-100. With the success of 21st's F-104, and demand for vietnam birds that we tend to beg about, admiral toys knows we wants vietnam era stuff. And it doesn't seem that 21st or BBI would make an F-100. Not to mention what a GREAT follow up to the F-86!!

F-14. This is something I DOUBT BBI and 21st would dare put out in 2006(although I'd love to be surprised). 0

F-15? Its a popular bird but not really requested. And the big bombers, too big but then again I'd be surprised by ANY of the planes on the list!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

digger

hopefully not an F-100

Post by digger » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:50 am

I know it is the first of the century series but I really hope it is not the F-100. It will be cool and at this point I think we will buy up any and all new AC, but really with all the planes out there I think that is a lousy choice. Indeed, whenever we had polls about AC the F-100 never burned up the results. :?

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:43 am

I think an F-100 would be cool. If it is, I wonder why (besides the size), with all the other aircraft that we have expressed want and demand for (A-10, F-4, F-14), they would choose one that has not had much discussion. Whatever it is, I hope it does very well for them so that they WILL do the ones with the heavy demand.....A-10, F-4, F-14....... :wink:

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:41 pm

I think that it will be either the F-100 or the F-15.

Personally the Century series airplanes are some of my absolute favorites, so seeing a F-100 alongside my F-104 would thrill me (just leaves the F-101, F-102, F-105, and F-106 :lol:) I think it stands a good chance of production since you could do a bare metal cold war paint scheme and a Vietnam SE Asia camo scheme and it would be a natural progression from the F-86. It is physically smaller than most of the other choices and thus probably cheaper to make.

The F-15 is very plausible because it will fill the modern jets market nicely between the F/A-18 and the F-16. It is a bit bigger than the F-100, but would be cheaper to produce than the F-14 because of no complicated swing wing. It also has a few repaint schemes. I do think it's retail price would be higher than the F-100. Just my 2 cents.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:59 pm

I'm still guessing the Me-262 because it is a fairly simple mold compared to the other planes on the list. I won't complain if they make one of the other planes on the list. :wink:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:55 pm

I bet the F-100 or F-15 also. These seem like plausible choices and not too large since a few larger jets have already been produced. The Bombers would be cool but I suspect to much of a gamble for this early in the game. But a well done B-17 would really put Admiral on the map.
Todd

ogravl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ogravl » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:58 pm

Well, I hope it's a bomber. Maybe the B-25

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:08 pm

I hope it's the ME-262 or B-25. I can't get enough WWII planes.
I also like Aferg's "process of elimination" theory. :) :)

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:11 pm

You do realize the wife is going to complain when you put the B-17 in the garage and her car outside Todd. :wink:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:10 pm

Yes it could be a problem.
Todd