Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:07 pm

I have been contacted by Jason of Admiral Toys. He has requested a thread on our board similar to the BBI Information thread with which Mike provides us information.

The arrangement will be similar to the one with Mike; ie Jason will email me information/answers and i will then post them in this thread.

As with Mike, there may be some initial skepticism by some as to Jason's authenticity but in time everyone can decide as to the
validity of the information for themselves.

I'll post information as i get it. Feel free to discuss it within the
thread, as Jason will be monitoring the board from time to time and can
perhaps address other concerns/questions etc that are brought up. Keep all your comments confined to this one thread. All spin off threads will be
deleted. We want to keep it all in one topic so it is easy for him to
peruse during the limited time he will have to visit the board....plus spin
off threads will only create unnecessary clutter.

I will not be giving out his email address so don't bother to ask, nor will
i pass on individual questions to him, so don't pm me with them. They will
be ignored.

I personally think that it is great that Jason is taking the time and making
the effort to inform our little band. I'm sure what he has to say will be
appreciated by all.

So without further ado....

Jason wrote:

"Thank you for your assistance. Let me begin by introducing myself. My name is Jason, and I am General Counsel for Admiral Toys Incorporated. Aside from providing the legal needs of the company, I also assist the company with research and development of our lines and am the liaison with our facilities in China.

I appreciate the opportunity to speak with the forum members. Hopefully, I will be able to answer the members’ questions and give some informative news not yet on our website.

As you may have noticed, our website has changed in the last couple of weeks and is still under construction. The products page is not up and running as of today. This is because we are still working on the website and are waiting for new photos of the final production samples of our F-86 and Panzer IIIL. These photos will be available on the website for you to view around December 10. However, I will try to give the forum a sneak preview of the production samples sometime next week.

Please note that in the future, our products page will say $0.00 as a price for items that have been released for the publics viewing but are not yet available for preorder or for sale. When we are ready to accept preorders, the price will change to the retail price of the product. (To answer a question from the forum, the F-86’s price has not changed, it will be offered for $59.99). We have notified many of your members that we are not yet taking preorders for the F-86, and this is still the case. We have received numerous inquiries, and we are trying to respond to everyone asking to preorder the F-86. I have personally responded to many of these inquiries. At this time, it is still our practice to put those individuals on a notification list that will email you the second we begin to take preorders. We believe that this system is in the best interests of interested customers, including your members, because we do not want to take everyone’s money and then encounter a delay. Therefore, we will only take preorders on a product, including the F-86, for which we have a date of delivery. Please note that to put your name on our notification list, you must send an email with your contact information to [email protected].

I want to personally apologize to “Digger” for not replying to his/her email. I do not know how it passed unanswered. We are making a concerted effort to answer all emails. Digger, hopefully this post will answer all of your questions.

To answer the most popular question asked by this forum, we do not at this time have intentions of producing a 1:18th A-10. We are exploring the cost of its production, and as you may have guessed it will be a very expensive airplane to produce. This does not mean we have counted out the production in the future. To steal a line from a distinguished colleague, “you will have to wait and see.”

This leads me to another point. The development and production of such a large model takes months to produce master models (prototypes), modify those master models, conduct tooling, modify the tooling, produce the production sample, modify that production sample, set up a production line, and finally begin production. With such a timeline you are bound to have overlapping of models from different companies. I have read the posts on this site that have discussed that there are a finite number of “popular” aircrafts that can be mass-produced. With three companies in the 1:18 arena and the months required for development and production, you will see overlap. We generally do not know what the other companies are about to produce.

I am going to China tomorrow morning and hope to return in a week or so. I am going to China to review the production sample of the Jolley Roger F-86. If you review the timeline I have described above, this means we are very close to production. Yes, delays have occurred. This is why you will not have such a forecasted knowledge of future releases. We will keep under wraps all future projects until we know they are ready for production. As a note, if anyone has wondered about the spelling we have used for “Jolley” in our Jolly Roger, it is the name of the pilot Clifford Jolley.

The Jolley Roger will be available on the internet only. We have no plans on using mass-retailers. If we release a form of the Jolley Roger in the future to a mass-retailer, it will be different from the one on the internet and will be sold in limited numbers and offered in a different box. Most of the major internet retailers have contacted us, and you should not have a problem finding our products.

Again, there will be no advanced notice to the public of future releases with the EXCEPTION of one more model that will be produced. I have been given permission, by the powers that be, to release the identity of a future aircraft in 1:18. The only reason I have been given permission is that it will be an overlap aircraft. In other words, another company has already produced it. As I explained, it takes months for development and we were well into development when it was released by another company. Ours does have a few things different about it, so I think you will be pleased. Plus, I promise it will be produced in very limited numbers. Unfortunately, you will have to wait until I return from China to “see” which aircraft."
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:52 pm

Thank you Jason, and we look forward to the announcement of your other plane and the release of the F-86. I hope it has the detail that we saw at the Wings Over Houston Airshow.
Todd

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:02 pm

Thank you for taking the time and interest to address this board. We greatly appreciate the direct contact with the manufacturer. Many weeks ago, I e-mailed customer service, asking about availability of local pick up of the models once they were available, and the projected number of units that would be packed per shipping box (in order for me to calculate the costs of pick up vs shipping). I never received a reply. Can you address this question for me?

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:04 pm

Thanks Jason. Can't wait to see all you will have to offer. Very glad to hear you are looking into the A-10, I'll cross my fingers.... :wink: Can't wait to see the F-86 you will offer.

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:07 pm

It's great to hear from another company.

I can't wait for the F-86!

digger

Post by digger » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:16 pm

I want to personally apologize to “Digger” for not replying to his/her email. I do not know how it passed unanswered. We are making a concerted effort to answer all emails. Digger, hopefully this post will answer all of your questions....
Most of the major internet retailers have contacted us, and you should not have a problem finding our products.
Thanks! And that is a great answer to my question. 8) Glad you could join us! :D

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:37 pm

Thanks for taking the time to inform us of your company and production plans. Looking forward to the new products you have planned for release.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:04 am

Nice Jason!

Thanks for the information and liason work with the site here (thanks aferg too of course).

I'm really hoping now that there's a 3rd company that the likelihood of more various figures in 1:18 and ground vehicles/pieces (general) will be a strong likelihood. Love 21st's stuff, love BBI, and I'm glad to see yet another company jump in. :) This is only good news to me.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:31 am

Wow! Many thanks for sharing what you can about your products. I can tell you that we all appreciate what you are doing.

My question is this, and it might be rhetorical. If you are planning only limited runs of certain aircraft, I'm assuming less than 10,000 pieces. Wouldn't it benefit your company to "go off the board" with a somewhat different aircraft than what has been offered? For example, how about the Hawker Typhoon? It's not the most recognizable aircraft out there with the Walmart consumer, but with your niche marketing strategy, it would sell extremely well with us airplane nuts. It would also set your company apart from the rest. If you aren't marketing for department store chains, you could be producing popular, but less known aircraft and filling order sheets in the process.

For us 1:18 collectors, we have seen enough duplication already. I think everybody here would agree that to keep this scale alive and moving, new planes have to be created. Repaints and duplicate tails have stagnated our hobby to a large extent.

Again, welcome to the the board. We are really excited to see a new kid on the block. Expect a lot of customers! :)

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

F 86

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:42 am

8) can t wait too !!!!! it will be perfect beside my p 51 ! thanx jason

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

jason

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:47 am

dear jason :
there is a thread named "les che
valiers du ciel " sky knights i think it s a great opportunity to market and gain some exclusives rights do not hesitate to contact me , here in France _ Thanx

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:32 am

Jason

Thanks for taking the time to address questions/comments concerning your company and it's future product line. I've sent an email previously, and never received a reply, but emailed again with the information you require for preorder notification, and all I can say is.....sign me up for 2-3 pieces :-)

Regards,
Todd

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:59 am

Thank you, Jason. Great to hear from you regarding your company's plans.

As Teamski mentioned above, niche marketing might be a good way to go.

To that end, may I strongly recommend looking into a F-4 Phantom. Please see the 1:18 Phantom posting on this board for our studied reasoning on why this plane should be made. :)

We look forward to hearing from you with more info on your company and product offerings.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:10 am

I am very excited at the prospect of a 3rd company and I thank you for your time and effort to stay in contact with us. And, I am very excited at the possibility of a F-86; it was my dad's crate.
Aaron

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:12 am

I LOVE the pix we've seen so far
and as long as it not a P-51D or F4U-1
i will buy the second model also
f-86E in John Glenns markings Mig Mad Marine would be nice

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:26 am

Jason,

do you have a list of the online retailers that will be selling your products or will they only be offered through your web site?

bluesparrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bluesparrow » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:42 am

Thanks for joining the fray! I have no questions to ask. ;)
http://neon-batman.blogspot.com/

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:17 am

Jason Thank`s very much for taking the time to bridge a gap from your company to this site,we all appreciate that.

As for future releases I asked awhile ago in an email I do truely hope you produce 1/18th armour too,though for that we`ll have to see eh :D

As for aircraft though,Hell yea a Phantom F4 would be awesome sometime down the path,as too a AV-8B Harrier. Now that`s another solid winner i think.

Anyway i wish your company all the best for these releases & the future releases.
After all another manufacter on the block of 1/18th is a wonderfull thing IMO :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:55 pm

Mike wrote:

"Welcome Jason and nicely written."
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:21 pm

Welcome to the boards Jason! Looking forward to see what your company as in store for the community!

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:31 pm

Hi Jason,

How about making an A-10 in 1/18! (Sorry but it is my job on this thread to be the annoying one, oh and Birddog too.

Jerico "The leader of the A-10 fan club!" Eagle
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

digger

availability

Post by digger » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:45 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:Jason,

do you have a list of the online retailers that will be selling your products or will they only be offered through your web site?
Most of the major internet retailers have contacted us, and you should not have a problem finding our products.
:wink:

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:59 pm

Good to have you here, Jason. Nice to see each of the three current players checking in once and a while. And hats off to Aferg for not only moderating the board, but handling the two BBi and Admiral threads. Nice work :wink: .

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:00 am

Welcome Jason.
I hope you will be doing 1/18th armor as well as aircraft. And not more shermans, Tigers and panthers. Somthing like a stug, M7 Priest or a Nashorn would be Nice. Again welcomr to our wold. :D
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:37 am

Welcome to the boards Jason!

How bout an F-14, F-8 or A-4?

The F-14 is on the verge of retirement, it will be sorely missed, and would be a GREAT toy to have in that scale.

The MIGmaster needs it due, and so far noone has made it.

The Scooter is awesome, used by many nations, somewhat small, and has endless possibilities for repaints!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle