Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:53 pm

Jason - thanks for the update! The craftmanship of your modelers looks outstanding, I appreciate the work involved in designing and sculpting from 'scratch'. :)
As for the B-17, or other similar large pieces - IF they were considered in sections, how about packaging the more desirable sections with only the essentials; and the non-so-popular sections with the accessories. For example, the nose section would be sold with attached hardware only- fuselage, seats, glass, etc.; but the tail section would include the bombs, machine guns for the entire a/c, etc; and the center section the flight crew? That way, the customer on a budget could purchase just one section, but in order to have a more complete display - even of one section - additional sections would have to be purchased?

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:03 pm

Thanks for the update Jason. Count me in for ordering a couple! :D

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:23 pm

Really appreciate the information!! That is class, my man.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:25 pm

Yeah, the info is really appreciated. I am greatly looking forward to my Saber.
Aaron

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:42 pm

thanx for the update.
have you lined up any retailers or is it only going to be online from your co?
thanx again Jason for keeping us up to date. can't wait to get mine

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

To Jason

Post by eddie372 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:50 pm

Thank you Jason once again for taking the time to read our comments and suggestions, and for such a comprehensive answer. You're surely setting a new standard for toy manufacturers when it comes to communicating with their customers.

Flayrah, I believe your marketing suggestion regarding the three parts B-17 is outstanding. Jason, please contemplate this possibility seriously, since producing a full 1:18 B-17 will be nearly impossible due to size, packaging, etc. Why not produce the nose section last, and mix accesories along the lines of Flayrah's suggestionn?

As for the Sabre, count me in for at least two airplanes. Keep up the good work and thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely.
Eddie
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

tiger1
Corporal
Corporal

Future F86 versions....

Post by tiger1 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:50 am

Hi Jason,and thanks for the updates,I must say;You really take Your future customers seriously-The F86 looks much better now,with the new canopy,and my question is:would You consider making this aircraft in a "roll your own"version-with only basic stenciling,rescue labels- ejection
seat labels,so that people could easier make their own versions?
I for one would make a Norwegian version,and just about every other country used the original stenciling on their a/c,except maybe Japan,and Germany.So there should definately be a market for this,and I think that
a factory made version of let`s say a Norwegian or a Danish F86 would be of limited interest for the rest of the world???
Again -Thank You for the time and effort to make us loonies happy.
Brgds tiger1

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:51 am

Jason wrote:

"Flayrah, your suggestions for production of the B-17 are impressive. I will suggest this method of production to our design team. We are excited about producing the B-17; however, I do not want you all to get your hopes up and be disappointed if you do not see it in 2006 or early 07. It is a massive model with many constituents of production and shipping to be determined.

Admiral Toys Incorporated is presently working on 3 new 1:18 scale aircraft and 4, 1:72 models, that we hope to have in production by the end of this year. As you can imagine our plate is starting to fill up. (Do not ask me what models we are working on. I cannot answer that question as of now. You will find out in the months to come)

At this time we are staying focused on two very important releases, the F-86 and Panzer III L. Their productions have not encountered any delays, as of now, so we anticipate the pre-order date to be very soon.

Kagnew, our letters inviting retailers to signup to carry our line of models will be going out today or tomorrow morning. We have spoken to several retailers. I am not at liberty to name names at this time. However, if you have not been contacted and you are a retail store, web or store front, that would like to be put on our list for notification please email us at [email protected]

Tiger1, we have plans to release, in very limited numbers, primered aircraft. They will have a base coat and no other markings. With today’s great aftermarket decaling ability you should have no problem finishing out the F-86 in the scheme of your choice.

I must run, talk to you soon,

Regards,

Jason "
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:06 pm

I admit I haven't been paying close attention, but I read that they're planning to do armor too? That's great!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:45 pm

Wow, I'm REALLY looking forward to see what Admiral kicks out this year!! I can't wait!! Thanks for the word of hope!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:09 pm

I just wanted to add that I too think that pilot figure is REALLY a bad idea. :) I don't think that's photo ability, just a bad figure. Compared with other pilots I'd say it looks very poor, just my opinion though.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Juneau@1
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/72 Panzer III

Post by Juneau@1 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Any chance they could post some recent pictures? I am really looking forward to this especially since no one has made one yet.
Eric

digger

Re: 1/72 Panzer III

Post by digger » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:04 pm

Juneau@1 wrote:Any chance they could post some recent pictures? I am really looking forward to this especially since no one has made one yet.
Eric
There are some good pictures earlier in the thread...unless you meant more recent...but I think that is a good indication of what you could expect: very nice. :wink:

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:15 pm

Anyone seen that Panzer III yet? It's beautiful!

90% metal too!

Would love to see a REAL diecast METAL Tiger 1 in Afrika Korps livery as well. Armour CDC had one planned but never did one. Dragon's are extremely nice...but not real metal (save for the turret)

Other Wishlist Items (surefire hits not covered elsewhere):

Sherman Firefly
Hellcat
Hetzer
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:51 am

Jason - thanks for the consideration on my multiple-piece idea. About the F-86 - I am interested in the primered version. Will that be available only through Admiral, or should I look for them at pre-order through a dealer? If directly through Admiral, who should I contact? Thanks

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:31 pm

:shock: Where'd you get the picture of the Panzer? That things a beauty!

Ditto on Flayrah's question about the primered Sabre

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:03 pm

Jason wrote:

"The F-86E may be found up for preorder at several retailers online. Admiral Toys is not ready to take preorders because they are not on the boat yet. They should be on the boat around the end of next week or the week after. We will begin pre-ordering at that time. We will notify those who have been asked to be put on the notification list, when the time comes.

I encourage you to use the retailers that we are working with and if you choose to preorder through them that would be wonderful. Just know that you cannot place a preorder on our website. It will not work until we are ready for preorders.

Juneau@1, we are working with a photographer and should have photos of the most recent model the week after next. If he doesn’t get them to us, I personally will take some photos. (I hesitate because you can see where my photos get me, pilot)

You haven’t seen recent photos because we just got back the modified canopy from tooling. We didn’t want to show photos of a model that is now modified. I will get “good” photos as soon as possible.

Mr. Football, thank you for posting that photo. I meant to tell you all that the tank photo was available. More photos to come.

The tank is a real exciting release for us. I know you will like it. The weight is great. The metal content really sets the tank apart from others on the market.

Flayrah and Morian Miner, as of now the unpainted F-86E will only be available on our website. They will be offered for preorder when preorders are begun.

I must add that we decided not to primer the aircraft. It will have no paint at all, but it will be put together as a working model. Also, it will not have a pilot accompanying the model. You have to paint the pilot before it is put together. We didn’t want to make our customers have to worry about constructing the pilot.

The unpainted versions will be sold in a solid white box with no markings. The numbers in which we are producing the unpainted version is very limited. Only 100 pieces, world wide, will initially be offered. This in itself might make this a very collectable model.

I am in a good mood so I thought I would tell you what our next release will be. I promise that the next release is in the list below. Which one? You will find out in a couple of weeks.

F-4, F-14, F-15, F-100, ME 262, ME109, B-17, B-25, B-29, A6M2, A6M5, NOT A-10 (Just trying to assist the Hunger Strike guys to get a good meal in their bellies, We are not releasing an A-10 in the near future, but it has been duly noted)

Thank you for your time,

Jason"
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:21 pm

:shock: Any of those planes would ROCK!!!! I can't wait to see just what you guys got up your sleeve....

--Ski

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:28 pm

aferguson wrote:Jason wrote:

(Just trying to assist the Hunger Strike guys to get a good meal in their bellies, We are not releasing an A-10 in the near future, but it has been duly noted)
Thanks Jason...it's great to see that the A-10 has been duly noted, but my stomach is still empty and will be until there is definite news that the A-10 is being done in 1/18 scale. Hope if "others" fail, ya'll can be our heros in the 1/18 A-10 department.... :wink: :D

Great to see the F-86 is just down the road so to speak... :D

May I guess that the "new" release will be the Zero?

Keep up the fantastic work.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:36 pm

Jason - Ok, I have to ask, if the pilot will not be included with the unpainted A/C, will the pilot be available seperately? And don't be concerned about us having to assemble and paint a figure - many, if not most of us here, have done quite a bit of that, already. :D

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:06 pm

Ok Jason I'm going to guess the next plane will be the Me 262. 8) Nice to see that things are going well and I will be ordering soon.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

digger

hey..

Post by digger » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:21 pm

May I guess that the "new" release will be the Zero?
I thought that was settled from the earlier pics - cool to know there is still chance it could be something new. 8)
Thanks Jason :wink:

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:18 pm

Too bad it won't be an A-10. But some of the above mentioned planes would be a hoot.
Todd

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:58 am

Jason.. will the next plane be a modern or vintage ...

just have to ask since im only about modern :P :wink:
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:17 pm

F-4, F-14, F-15, F-100, ME 262, ME109, B-17, B-25, B-29, A6M2, A6M5, Humm?

Well if the B-17 us considered to big for now certainly that would eliminate the B-29. We know a zero is coming so that would eliminate one of them and I don't think another version would go over too well right now. If your not going to make an A-10 because of size then the F-14, F-15 and perhaps the F-4 are out.

The F-100 would be a natural successor to the F-86 so its on the "Possible" list. The 262 would also be a strong possibility. There are too many 109's out there for my taste so I'm going to believe they won't make it right now. The B-25 while large would be a great surprise and probably do well. My bet is on the 262 it seems overdue.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.