Admiral Toys Information Q&A (Jason)

Ask Questions & Chat with representatives of the small scale companies!
JoeS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JoeS » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:28 am

Jason- thanks for the update, good news indeed.

I share in the delight at the prospect of the A-1. Shame about the F-4, I know it's dictated by market forces and other influences......heavy sigh...oh well..perhaps the Rhino will make it one day, just have more confidence in Admiral as opposed to 21st on this elusive jet. Although appreciate both companies.

Regards
Joes.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:16 am

Hi Jason
thanx for the update.
about the other collectibles, please send me a PM. between my wife :) and i, we collect diecast planes,helos,cars,tanks,guns and anything else that strikes our fancy :D
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:42 am

Thanks for the update Jason, and renewed excitement! It had been so long that I had forgpotten about the Skyraider! WoooHoooo a great aircraft to look forward to! :D

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:32 am

Thank you for all your hard work Jason!

Glad to hear the 1:18 projects are still moving forward save for the F-4.

Any updates on the 1:32 scale projects? I remember a Val & Corsair were prototyped at one time.

The news is much appreciated.

:D
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:04 am

This is great to hear. Thanx for the update Jason.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:02 pm

Hey thanks Jason,

Glad to hear from you again. A-1 sounds great and well worth the wait. I am looking forward to it. I've gone over past posts looking for things you have mentioned in the past. I remember you mentioning realistic lighting on aircraft, that would really set the bar or even different ordinance loads. I think it will be a most important bird when it comes out.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:49 am

Jason,
Thanks for the update on the Skyraider. I am really looking forward to this aircraft. I know you can't say when it'll be out, so I'm just hoping it'll be sooner than later.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:13 pm

pokeyjtc wrote:Jason,
Thanks for the update on the Skyraider. I am really looking forward to this aircraft. I know you can't say when it'll be out, so I'm just hoping it'll be sooner than later.
Since we are doing my Father's aircraft first... we are shooting for Fathers Day. (We thought it would be a nice gift for him.)

However, you know how things go. We are trying to get it out as soon as possible.

Regards,
Jason

Spudkopf
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Spudkopf » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:07 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
pokeyjtc wrote:Jason,
Since we are doing my Father's aircraft first... we are shooting for Fathers Day. (We thought it would be a nice gift for him.)

However, you know how things go. We are trying to get it out as soon as possible.

Regards,
Jason
Cool news

I'd better warn my kids that for next Father's day that socks and jocks will NOT be acceptable presents :wink:
SPUD

Something's up with photobucket?????

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:13 pm

Regards,
Jason
Hey Jason, would you happen to have a photo or diagram of the markings on your dad's aircraft
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:51 pm

fathers day is a nice touch :D

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:17 pm

Jason, I wanted to let you know how much your honest and timely input mean to me. I made the mistake of buying a 21C F-86; after hearing you out I wish I had supported your company instead.

I only buy one of each AC but I promise you I will be first in line to take a Skyraider and Dauntless. Keep them coming and we will buy.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:55 pm

Dear fellow Members,

First... as always... thank you for your warm words and support.

Second, the White 7, ME 262, arrived in our warehouse just about 15 minutes ago. It will take an hour to unload and then orders will start to go out today. We hope to have them all out no later then Monday.

I really think you will love this model when you see it in person. Some on this board have said that the paint scheme is bland. It may not be the most ornate ME 262, but not all aircraft are. Look at some of our US aircraft. Many are monochromatic, or have only two tones as their scheme. I understand the ME 262s were painted in some fun schemes, but we chose a scheme that we knew the competition was not going to produce on their first release.

As you remember, Admiral Toys released our ME 262 in a pretty snazzy paint scheme on the White 8. Then it was our competition's turn to release their first ME 262. We do not think there is enough room for the same plane in this market... even less room for the same plane with the same paint scheme!! So we chose a pretty cool looking 262 for the second scheme that we knew our competition would not release.

The White 7 was produced in very limited numbers without a price increase!! We think this is a great deal, as many of you have agreed. Therefore, we are almost sold out; and expect to be sold out by Wednesday. So get out there and order one if you like it.

I cannot promise you that there will be any more Admiral Toys' 262s produced.

To answer a couple of questions:

I will try and have my father's photos of his aircraft scanned. Then I will post them on this site.

Admiral Toys has not been "killed off" as someone stated. Only protecting our interests. Sorry to say, that this protection will make for a boring Toy Fair 08. We will not show a new aircraft at that show. Nor will we talk about one. Don't be upset; no one wants another Toy Fair 07 fiasco to occur. (By the way 21st... where is my F-4? You said we would get it in time for the holidays. I have my $89 and change ready to go.)

Hopefully, we will show more of the line of collectible cars (not military) at the show. I know you are not interested, but, I know I will get the question: "What do you plan on showing?"

We might just have another thing in 1:18 scale that is not a tank, car, truck, plane, boat, sub etc. that I cannot say what they are but you "MIGHT" be interested. This is not necessarily a product that was intended for this site or its members.

We will have the El Diablo in final production form.

We will have the Hartmann in final production form. In fact both of those should be in the US by the time Toy Fair comes around.

Oh, and we will have a B-52 in 1:18 scale.... just kidding!

Regards,
Jason

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:22 pm

I think the paint scheme on White 7 is pretty sinister looking. It's even better when you see it in person.... :shock: 8)

Can't wait to see the new line you're talking about and the new schemes on the F-86.

Also looking forward to seeing the pictures of your dad's plane.

Thanks again for your input and updates Jason. Always appreciated... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:53 pm

Sorry we won't be able to see any new aircraft for awhile Jason but I understand. As far as 21st F-4 or anyother aircraft I was pretty sure from the start we wern't going to see squat from them. I am glad to hear and see that Admiral is diversifying into other things it will certainly help ease future developments and make risk taking a little easier. I am curious about the other 1/18 items you wish to go for. I'd really like to see Science Fiction stuff in that scale. Can you give us any more of a clue?

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:26 pm

Thanks again for the update Jason. The more I think about the Skyraider the more I think this was a great choice. I am serious when I think that there is no other AC I would rather have hanging from my ceiling. I would rather have the Skyraider than an A-10.

Question: do you have some photos/information on your Father's AC you would be willing to share? I think it is awfully cool to get a model of a plane that is not widely known. I know that all the Korean Sabres were done in the most colorful schemes, but part of me wishes we would have seen a rather plain-Jane version. And yes, I know that Admiral produced plain silver birds I could repaint. Unfortunately I screw up painting a house. I will leave this work to the pros.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 pm

I am one of the guys who said it was bland looking. But I am getting 2 of them from Military Toys. When will they go out? It always looks like Bad Cat gets first dibs.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Jackson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Jackson » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:39 am

Last edited by Jackson on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:16 pm

Looks like AT and 21C need some legal contracts to prevent cross duplication...

DH

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:03 pm

Hey Jason! Deeply appreciate your professional respect and courtesy to us 1:18 scale fans here at the small scale forum and wanted to let you know I just put my money where my mouth is, and ordered the White 7 262 from MilitaryToyShop. Wasn't really wanting another 262, but your willingness to engage the fans, and keep us infomed when it isn't always convenient, (or easy considering the competition's tactics), has convinced me to purchase at least one of every aircraft and paint scheme Admiral produces (besides the fact that they are great quality pieces! :wink: )

Amazingly difficult to find quality customer service or care at any business these days, so when I find one, I support them, as Im sure many here do!

Thanks again for all of your updates and efforts,

Andy

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:19 pm

Thanks Jason, my White 7 should be here in a few days according to BCA. Can't wait to see her. Still debating on whether or not to leave this one in the box. ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:52 pm

After all the discussion, I took my AT 262 out to look at it some more and check out the camo pattern.

DH

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
Oh, and we will have a B-52 in 1:18 scale.... just kidding!

Regards,
Jason
Awww...I wish you didn't add the "just kidding" part....I was kinda looking forward of seeing an announcement with snazzy graphics in 21st's website about making a 1/18 B-52 for 89.99.... :cry:

Can't wait for the SBD. :D

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:00 am

Merry Christmas, Jason.
Thanks for helping Santa make toys for all of us big kids these last couple of years.
Much appreciated.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

1/18 SBD

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:57 am

HI Jason
is your company working with Hobby Boss? HB is owned by same people as Trumpeter.
my friend who works with HB said they have a 1/18 SBD 1/2 & SBD 3/4 kit to be out in 2008 in the pipeline. just seemed odd 2 1/18 SBD's
later glen